WSO2 API Manager Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of WSO2 API Manager competitors and alternatives
Head: B2B Solutions at Trustlink (Pty) Ltd
Good documentation, strong security functionality and offers great flexibility
What is our primary use case?We make use of Axway's API gateway API management tool. Its integration with middle wear is similar to ESB. We provide integrations as we are a swift services bureau. We've got customers that are banks and in some use cases. We integrate these banks with their own back office and we tend to provide integration for that. We also make use of the solution to build a marketplace of financial services, which is basically our own solution. For other customers, we do integration of the various source systems, back-office systems, legacy systems, etc. We also do file transformation where we take… more »
Pros and Cons
- "There's drag and drop functionality so that you do not need to have a senior expert developer to make use of the tool. You can get more of your staff trained up to be able to use it as it's not overly technical."
- "The installation process is a bit complex and it could be a lot simpler."
What other advice do I have?We're largely a customer, although we are consultants and refer Axway often. While we use the solution's cloud deployment model, we also engage with the on-premises version as well. I'd advise other companies considering a solution like this to first go and determine their strategy around APIs in their business. That's really important. There needs to be a plan around how a company is going to manage APIs. A business needs to ask itself: What is the digital transformation strategy? They need to approach this as a strategic investment and already have some strategy behind it. It really is core…
Solution Architect (Africa Regions) at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jul 23, 2019
An inexpensive integration solution that needs more time to develop as a mature product with better brand recognition
What is our primary use case?What we have been trying to do is reveal APIs for some businesses that we're trying to create that still use some of our legacy platforms and incorporate the newer technologies that we're trying to bring on.
Pros and Cons
- "It is a good product for API management."
- "It is a young product and does not have the kind of brand recognition that would make it a more popular solution with our clients."
What other advice do I have?In rating the product overall, I'll give it a seven out of ten. They could really improve on recognition of their brand name, their marketing and their overall appearance in the market.
Enterprise Integration Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 29, 2020
Great for any company wanting a complete digital transformation
What is our primary use case?My primary use case for the solution is as an API gateway. I am an enterprise integration consultant and I implement it for customers.
Pros and Cons
- "One of the more valuable features is the stability of the platform."
- "Not many stand-out features."
What other advice do I have?The advice I would give is that this is a platform that's meant for a complete digital transformation of an organization. If you want to realize the entire capacity or the entire power of the platform with the capability APIs and the system APIs, you know you've got to use the API-led connectivity. And here I think lies the true power of the platform; that instead of using it just as an API gateway, you can take it further and I think that is the real value that market peers are not able to offer. It's a standout feature of the API platform and MuleSoft. I make proposals and whether the…
CEO and Co-Founder at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Dec 24, 2020
A good solution for microservices and APIs, but its price is high
What is our primary use case?We had a test version, which was more of an on-prem version, and we also had some on the Docker for a live API creator. We are a security service company, and we provide a lot of solutions in that space. We were just trying to have a frictionless authentication product, so we were working on that. We were looking for a Gateway that can serve in an API, and we've already got an open-source solution.
Pros and Cons
- "We loved the portal part the most, which had monetization and showed how people were using the stuff. It is a good product as a whole and has a lot of microservices and granular features."
- "The delivery is bulky in terms of implementation. Its price could also be better. It is a very good product as compared to CA API, Google API, and WSO2 API, but its price is high. From the cloud-native perspective, some new features need to be added. It could also be made simpler to implement."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend this solution to others. This is one of the good solutions for microservices and APIs and for people who need to go the digital way. There are a lot of other solutions that are coming into the market, and the infrastructure landscape is changing. I would rate Layer7 API Management a six out of ten.
CEO at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 5
Aug 31, 2020
Incredibly scalable with good technical support that is responsive
What is our primary use case?We are using Apigee as our API gateway.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable features are scalability and technical support."
- "Better functionality for validating inputs and outputs would be helpful."