Yammer Overview

Yammer is the #4 ranked solution of our top Enterprise Social Software. It's rated 2.8 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to Workplace by Facebook: Yammer vs Workplace by Facebook

What is Yammer?

Yammer is an enterprise social network that allows employees,managers, executives, teams and different office branches to engage,collaborate and innovate over one interactive virtual network.

Yammer creates a social workplace that drives innovationthrough the sharing of ideas and business intelligence, boosts productivity inteams and projects, and encourages communication and connectivity betweenemployees, no matter where they are located.

Yammer Buyer's Guide

Download the Yammer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2020

Yammer Customers

Verizon, Rakuten,Nationwide, DHL, Westfield, Telefonica, 7-Eleven, Red Robin, Intuit, eBay,Darden, Suncorp, Tyco, Xerox, and ModCloth.

Yammer Video

Yammer Reviews

reviewer957099
Engineer at a tech services company
Feb 15, 2020
Simple setup but it adds to the complexity of using existing tools

What is our primary use case?

I just wanted to try out the program to know what it was and how it works and if it could enhance our office communications.

• The initial setup was simple and straightforward.
  • The product seems to just add to the complexity of using existing tools.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Microsoft Yammer as a four-out-of-ten. It was probably not useless, but it was of no help for our company and our situation.
reviewer1153572
Director at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Oct 11, 2020
Easy to use and comes with a good interface, but controlling the communication could be an issue

What is our primary use case?

We use it for communication and collaboration on specific topics.

• The user interface and the way we can share and search information are the most valuable. It is very easy to use.
  • The way you want to control the communication could be an issue. It depends on what kind of company you are. We are a public company, and there are some regulations that we need to comply with. Its ease of use can be an issue for a company because anybody can subscribe and use it. There are many competitors that are overlapping. Since Microsoft bought Yammer, it tends to be in the shadow. It is not put in the front from the service perspective.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• I don't know about the pricing. Now that Microsoft has bought Yammer, it should be a part of our subscriptions for Office 365.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if it fits the purpose. It is a great tool, but you need to look at whether it overlaps with other tools. I would rate Yammer a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: November 2020.
447,228 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1208139
Senior Manager at a non-tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Oct 22, 2019
A solution that isn't flexible, doesn't offer integrations and isn't useful for certain businesses

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for business related chatting. We use it mainly to publish and to have social communications on the business side. On a business level, it's used for the internal team to publish their opinions or their ideas, and share them to the group.

• The design of the solution is its most valuable feature.
  • Yammer should be able to integrate with Microsoft products, such as Outlook.

What other advice do I have?

I've found Team or Skype for Business are more useful than Yammer. I'd rate the solution three out of ten. I did not find Yammer too useful for my type of business. You cannot sell a Ferrari to someone who does not drive very fast, for example, as they would give Ferrari a low rating because they aren't using as it's meant to be used. For my type of business, I need something to be more flexible on integration. I'm not on the marketing side and do not need to publish something on Yammer for everyone to see, or for everyone to share their opinion on. If Yammer were to have more integration, the…
AlexandraGiroux
Program Manager Change & Communication at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Oct 24, 2019
Stable and scalable, but doesn't integrate well with SharePoint

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the social sharing of announcements, pictures, and articles related to our sector, among other things.

• It's really easy to use the solution.
  • We tried to integrate into SharePoint, but it was not really efficient.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. I've heard people say that we have lots of tools for doing things that are quite similar to Yammer. People in our organization don't really understand if they have to go on SharePoint, the internet, or Yammer. My advice to others would be to inform people how to use the tools and the purpose of these tools and give their team training. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
reviewer903702
General Manager: Internal Communication at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 17, 2019
Integrates well with Teams but cannot stream on its own

• The integration with Teams is the biggest value for us. In fact, it has only become more valuable now that it has integration with Teams. Teams allows you to stream, so that's good.
  • The solution must be able to stream by itself, without integration, the same way that you are able to do it on Facebook Live, Instagram, etc. Streaming must be embedded into it.

What other advice do I have?

I'll give it a six out of ten because I'm comparing it to what's out there. It's not the best solution out there. It doesn't compare well to the new tools that are in the market. It's not the best, but it's getting there.
REDAHicham
Responsable des Systèmes d'Information at AEBDM
Oct 10, 2019
Good for communication and setting up meetings, but it needs better Microsoft cloud integration

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators, and we use this solution in our group for social networking.

• The most valuable feature of this solution is the communication events.
  • This solution would be improved if it was well integrated with other communication applications.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Download our free Enterprise Social Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce, and more!
Product Categories