Zendesk Guide OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zendesk Guide is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Knowledge Management Software. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: Zendesk Guide vs ServiceNow

What is Zendesk Guide?

Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 94,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Zendesk Guide Customers

Shopify, Adroll, Redfin, Moo, Foursquare, Modcloth, We Pay, Republic Wireless, Wharton Univeristy of Pennnsylvania

Zendesk Guide Video

Archived Zendesk Guide Reviews (more than two years old)

Consultant en organisation & chargé de mission à l'international at a consultancy
It improves the relationship with my customers.

What is most valuable?

Its agility and simplicity are the most valuable features. This tool is very user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves the costs, time and energy. It improves the relationship with my customers.

What needs improvement?

It needs to improve in terms of its flexibility, price, and installation.

I have used this solution for three months.

At the very beginning, we had some scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 9/10 rating.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

It needs to improve in terms of its flexibility, price, and installation.

I have used this solution for three months.

At the very beginning, we had some scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 9/10 rating.

Previously, we were using another solution and I switched over for the price.

The setup was complex because of the different parameters involved.

I advertise mostly about the price.

We did not look at any other solutions, this product was the only one that I tried.

What other advice do I have?

You need to be helped by an expert, side-by-side.

it_user628071
Consultant en organisation & chargé de mission à l'international
Some of the valuable features are its agility, simplicity, and that it is a user-friendly product.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us save costs, time, and energy. It improves the relationship with my customers.

What needs improvement?

There are various aspects of this product that need improvement such as its flexibility, price, and installation.

I have used this solution for around three months.

We did encounter some deployment issues due to the complexity of the parameters.

At the very beginning,…

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for around three months.

At the very beginning, we had some scalability issues.

I would give the customer service a rating of 10/10.

I would give the technical support a rating of 9/10.

Initially, we were using another solution and we switched due to the price factor.

The setup was complex. This was because of the different parameters that were involved.

I used the expertise of the vendor, who had excellent knowledge of the product.

It is under assessment. I think the ROI is fairly good!

I advise primarily about the price.

What other advice do I have?

You need side-by-side help from an expert.

Find out what your peers are saying about Zendesk, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: September 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user430629
Customer Support/Retail Division at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Its set up makes it easier for everyone to use.

What is most valuable?

In Views there are lists of all unsolved tickets, recently updated tickets, pending tickets, etc. It makes it very easy for me to keep track of all the tickets.

How has it helped my organization?

I am already a very organized person but the product really does everything for you. The way it’s set up makes it very easy for agents, end-users, and administrators to use.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to be able to edit. Unfortunately, Zendesk believes that the integrity of a ticket and its comments are important. That when either party reads comments on tickets, they should be able to trust the content is unaltered form its original context. As per Zendesk, they feel it does not fit in with the direction and vision they have for Zendesk which to many people such as myself feel it’s ludicrous and not very sympathetic to the needs of its agents and administrators. Creating triggers is complicated and confusing. They should make it easier for agents.

I have been using Zendesk for more than a year now in my current company. I am the Zendesk Administrator and in charge of all customer service within the company. I was introduced to the software at an accounting software company I worked for. It was used for customer support and to help their IT Department.

We had no issues deploying it.

There have been no issues with the stability.

I only receive a certain amount of tickets throughout my working day.

The level of technical support is very good and they are very helpful.

The product had been set up right before I started working at AP&G. I found out after I was hired I would be using Zendesk which of course I was happy about since I already was familiar with the software but I certainly have learned the software much more in depth in the recent months.

I have to admit when I started working here at AP&G, I actually got more involved into learning how to use the software better since I was the only person basically using it. I made sure to ask as many questions as I could to Zendesk support and read as many articles the Zendesk Community had to offer.

We did it in-house.

ROI I would say it has been good.

The pricing is pretty fair. Of course it all depends on what kind of business you’re running and how much traffic you have and of course how many agents would be using it.

Zendesk Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We are more accurate on multiple channels and we get a lot of data from the system that we can use.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use and great flexibility is awesome. Also, as an agent it's the macros and the tight integration with the Help Center. As an administrator, it's more how easy it is to configure the workflows and the apps framework.

How has it helped my organization?

It has lifted our customer service! Not only can we reply faster, we are more accurate on multiple channels and we get a lot of data from the system that we can use to become even better!

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement - The trick is to find an improvement that benefits a broad part of Zendesk’s user base. The product base is solid and i can’t think of anything major that needs fixing.

I have been using it for about six years in two different companies.

There are always different requirements for each company on implementation, but we always manage to find a solution

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues with scaling it for our customers needs.

Zendesk support has always been stellar. Most are spot on, some go above and beyond.

We had a homemade web based solution before, and we needed something new. The question started with: do we keep developing on our own system or do we get an out of the box solution and work from there. When we stumbled upon Zendesk there was no question. The level of functionality would take us too many man hours to create ourselves and would not be as great as Zendesk.

Basic setup is fairly easy and after that its really up to you how complex you make your setup.

We did it in in-house implementation. At the time we had the opportunity to do so and we opted to try it ourselves. If you are doing a very basic setup you can easily do it yourself, but if the complexity rises you are well off on spending some money on an implementation partner.

Zendesk might seem a bit pricey at first, but once you get down to what value Zendesk can provide your company - both in terms of saved working hours, happier customers and CX data from multiple channels, it's well worth it!

What other advice do I have?

Start a trial or contact a Zendesk partner - you won’t be disappointed!

it_user456531
Risk Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We are able to divide the incoming tickets into several different categories and assign them to the appropriate team member.

What is most valuable?

As I am a big fan of assigning tasks to people who are most skilled at doing them in a timely fashion, I found the auto-tagging function to be most valuable. This way we were able to divide the incoming tickets into several different categories which were then assigned to team members who had the best expertise and skills to resolve them as quickly as possible.

How has it helped my organization?

During the downtime of one of our business partners we were experiencing several payment related issues and as such there was a huge amount of tickets relating to this problem which were being automatically assigned to the relevant team.

What needs improvement?

Ticket forwarding and the ability to add subscribers to tickets as some back and forth correspondence needs to be brought to attention of several team members, sometimes across different departments. While the first one would be beneficial in cases when issue was resolved and needs only to be brought to attention the latter would be good when a specific issue would be dependent on several team members.

I've using the post-2012 version for about 20 months.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with the performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

10/10 as they are prompt, courteous, and is available 24/7 via a wide array of channels. Zendesk's team was really great and when there were any issues or questions they were more than willing to assist. When there were issues with the stability and connectivity these were promptly resolved and we were updated on any of these.

We didn't have a ticketing solution in place before, and it was done mainly via emails.

It's straightforward to implement, and the documentation is extensive. Zendesk is willing to assist if you have issues.

We used an in-house team with assistance from the vendor. Should you have any questions you should ask Zendesk, they are there to help.

it_user448350
Contact Center Support Specialist (Onsite at Google) at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We are able to identify cases by type as we can have them arrive in the appropriate group.

Valuable Features:

The most important feature that I was able to utilize the most was the ability to create the different groups in which our support emails came in. Since we had different departments (e.g. Pre-orders, Order Management, Technical Issues, Billing, etc.), It was important to identify these types of cases by having them arrive in the appropriate group.

This feature allowed our team orgranize and assign certain members to a particular group. Without this feature, we would manually comb through our cases which could take forever.

Improvements to My Organization:

This has positively impacted our customer service experience by allowing us to respond to users in a timely manner. Quickly reply back to our users with a listed of saved responses.

A timely and accurate response is all the user can see on their end. When executed perfectly, it can create a an amazing user experience that QA teams dream about!

Room for Improvement:

For smaller environments, some type of tutorial or walk through would be helpful for first time users. Hands on training will speed up productivity and will get agents to hit the ground running with a minimal learning curve.

I'm not sure if there is a way to "train the trainer" process so that our internal trainers can seamlessly train a team quickly on how to use Zendesk, but that would be very helpful and would help when teams scale. Bringing awareness to the features that could easily be missed using a variety of forms will be helpful (e.g. digital newsletters, social media, email updates, etc.) would be helpful.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues deploying it for us.

Stability Issues:

We've experienced no issues with performance.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Initial Setup:

It had already been in place for a year when I joined the company

Other Advice:

I seegreat potential I see in Zendesk and how effective we were in supporting our users with this product. I'm sure my rating will continue to get higher as the company continues to evolve and add on more features.

it_user434886
Director of IT at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees

Valuable Features

• Web GUI
  • Ease of use

Improvements to My Organization

It’s simple enough for my helpdesk level one guys to use, so they actually use it. I can’t relay on end users to submit tickets, so I need to mandate ticket logging by my techs. I’ve worked in environments that used ticket systems that were just to cluttered and complex, so the techs simple didn’t use the system. Zendesk keeps it simple.

Room for Improvement

For end users who do submit tickets, they would often just respond to a thread from a previous email exchange and the email topic would get recycled even though they were contacting us about an entirely new topic, so tickets would be misleading. They need to fix the email thread response problem

Use of Solution

I've been using it for five years.

There have been no deployment issues.

We've had no issues with its stability.

It has been able to scale well for our needs.

It's stellar.

It was straightforward.

We did it in-house.

Other Advice

Just buy it. It's worth it, and you’ll be happy.

it_user433575
Client Support Manager – Night Shift at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It pretty much keeps people responsible and accountable in various stages of our workflow.​​ The built-in Satisfaction system is pretty basic.

Valuable Features

Triggers and Automations greatly help with our workflow.

Improvements to My Organization

It pretty much keep people responsible and accountable in various stages of our workflow.

Room for Improvement

The built-in Satisfaction system is pretty basic: "Good" or "Bad" and optional "Why". This could be expanded a bit more.

Use of Solution

The company has been using this since 2009. I joined in 2012.

We've had no issues with the deployment.

Recently they have been under some stability issues, but they do have @ZendeskOps to keep us posted on Twitter when they have issues.

There have been no issues scaling it.

Pretty fast, the first-tier agents will sort your tickets within one to two hours.

Initial setup was simple. It grew over time.

Implementation Team

In-house. Just do it. It's quite customizable, so it will take some tinkering to get into a groove with it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The overhead per agent gets rather expensive once you grow your team.

Other Solutions Considered

We checked out Freshdesk and HelpScout -- upcoming with better pricing! Migrating from Zendesk will be a major move though, so we are sticking with Zendesk for now.

Other Advice

Do evaluate it well. Though if you are using email to manage your support tasks, get a helpdesk now.

it_user433563
VManager, Product Catalog, Quality Control & Customer Service at a retailer with 51-200 employees
The 'mark as spam' and setting up tickets with certain titles to be automatically solved/deleted is probably the most important feature.

What is most valuable?

Since I'm the main user for the retail site I haven't had to deal with any multi-user issues so can't comment on that. The 'mark as spam' and setting up tickets with certain titles to be automatically solved/deleted is probably the most important feature for me. Weeding out spam and tickets that don't warrant any attention is extremely valuable when it comes to time-saving.

How has it helped my organization?

Zendesk allows you to manage Twitter messages, Olark chats and phone messages all in one place. It's a great hub for all of your customer service issues and not sure how tough it would be to manage all incoming inquiries in a timely manner without it.

What needs improvement?

Right now, Zendesk does what we need it to do for us. I've had a few issues setting it up to receive incoming facebook messages. Not sure if this needs attention on the backend or if I just need a rep to help with the setup, but like I mentioned earlier, if they reached out to us from time to time to discuss how we could improve the use of their program to help us function more efficiently that would be great.

I think there's always room for improvement, but right now it fits our needs just fine.

I've been using it for little more than a year and we had it for another year or two before I signed on with the company. I'm the main user for the retail site and I'm usually on it roughly six days a week.

The setup was fairly easy.

There have been non issues with the stability.

The scalability isn't an issue for us right now.

Good. I really wish they had a chat feature - like Olark for example. But I guess it makes sense. Olark is chat program and Zendesk is a support ticket program. That said, chat would be useful. No reason they shouldn't have this deployed at this stage of the game. People want / need answers immediately. They don't want to send in a support ticket and wait for a response.

Zendesk has been with us from the beginning.

Zendesk was implemented before I came on board with the company, but I've had several discussions with the zendesk support team to improve / setup certain features. Advice - Do your research. Read their content. Talk to their support team. And put a proper amount of time into setting it up so that you know all the ins and outs of the program. There could be features you're missing out on so explore and connect with the zendesk team to make sure you're accessing everything you need to be successful and efficient going forward.

Zendesk is an invaluable tool. It's tough to put a price tag on it, but it's definitely worth the investment.

What other advice do I have?

This is pretty much the only customer service solution I've used for this purpose so can't compare it to anything else. It gets the job done and there's not much to complain about in terms of functionality and results. It'd be nice to have them check in from time (or once a month), examine our usage and relay any information that they think might be useful for us.

In a nutshell, it's a great tool that allows you to manage all your customer service issues in one location. Not sure where we would be without it, but response time is a crucial element when it comes to customer satisfaction, and zendesk helps us manage all of it at a high level.

it_user433557
IT Support Technician at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
​The ability to track the number of requests helps our organizations ability to monitor and manage incoming requests is very valuable to us.

What is most valuable?

The ability to use macro’s and customize them, it saves time by having preset responses to frequently asked questions or requested instructions.

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to track the number of requests helps our organizations ability to monitor and manage incoming requests and prioritize urgent requests to fulfil our obligation to our customers.

What needs improvement?

There is an option, I would like to see, the ability to group my requests into different states. It helps me manage my requests better and organize the requests into easily managed groups or problem types.

I've used it for one year nine months, and the company I work for has had it for longer.

Our Zendesk is not hosted locally.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We gradually include new users to Zendesk without any issues.

We have had excellent response time from Zendesk and issues are usually fixed quickly.

I am not sure about that, Zendesk was already in place when I started working here but I have had experience with other products.

I was not involved when Zendesk was initially set up.

We have an in-house employee that manages Zendesk so I am not involved with implementation.

I am not entirely sure. I am not involved in purchases.

What other advice do I have?

Zendesk is a great product for managing and maintaining requests from users. It is simple to use and quite effective in tracking progress on all requests, re-assigning issues to higher level support agents, prioritizing and reporting progress on requests.

e-Commerce Consultant at a consultancy

Valuable Features:

A very useful feature in Zendesk is the Ticket Sharing option, because it eases the communication between the Customer Service team and the other departments and it keeps all information in one place.

Another important feature is the Satisfaction Rating. As we try our best to provide our customers with professional support, it’s extremely helpful that they have the option to rate our service and give an overall feedback on how they perceived the entire support process.

I would also give a thumbs-up for the various channels you can connect Zendesk to, making it very easy for the user to manage all incoming and outgoing requests with one tool.

And I like that we can separate the public comments from the private ones without having to use different communication tools.

Improvements to My Organization:

Zendesk is a smart tool, helping us to become very well organized and, if necessary, to rethink our business strategies.  ,We have a real-time overview on all requests coming from different channels, we can set service level agreements to meet our customer’s expectations and we can also monitor and evaluate our agents’ activity, managing to adapt and establish their tasks according to the work flow.

Room for Improvement:

As Zendesk is an international business and has customers world-wide, it would be nice if it would provide 24/ 7 support. Due to the fact that it is used by a large number of countries, being on different time zones, sometimes it can take up to 2-3 days for the Zendesk support team to fully solve an issue or a request.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no deployment issues.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no problems scaling it for our needs.

Other Advice:

The first reason I would recommend Zendesk is that this is a user-friendly and easy to customize tool. Due to the various options and applications that Zendesk offers we were able to personalize this tool to match our most important business requirements. And it can be accessed from almost all types of devices.

Also, a very important fact is that you can integrate more than one business in the same tool. This is crucial for a company that hosts several different businesses. All companies with high standards should use Zendesk because it's a reliable tool, constantly improving the old features and also bringing new ones on the market, in accordance to the their customers’ needs.

As a conclusion, I would advise Zendesk users to carefully read all documentation that this tool comes with. I consider this to be one of Zendesk’s strengths, because the documentation is very detailed and contains complete guides for any change you will want to bring to your new tool.

Helpdesk Technician at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
​Deployment in a new environment is very simple. If you want it to record certain data or attributes, it can be done, but must be done manually.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects would be its relative ease of use and its ability to integrate with many other popular SaaS products. The integrations are especially useful if your company already uses one or more of the products.

How has it helped my organization?

When first implemented, this product help give accountability to internal service requests, recording who worked on which issue and when it was resolved. As we move forward, the metrics also help give insights into what areas create the most problems. These metrics allow us to be more proactive identifying and preventing potential issues.

What needs improvement?

It is easy to use, however, it is not quite as powerful as many other ticketing systems out there. If you want it to record certain data or attributes, it can be done, but must be done manually. In this respect, some other ticketing systems are more complete and allow you to collect more data.

I have used it for over a year, and my current company doesn't currently use it.

Deployment in a new environment is very simple. I cannot comment on trying to migrate any existing ticketing system to Zendesk though.

We had no issues with the stability.

It is easily scalable for departments, however, if different departments need to use it, then each may need their own customizations. If there are many departments with specific customizations, scaling the central management of Zendesk becomes more difficult.

Their support group is very kind and responsive. It is one of the better technical teams I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

There was no other solution in place at this environment.

I was not part of the initial deployment team.

The implementation was done in-house with the assistance of a team from Zendesk’s team.

You may be able to save by using less agents, depending on how you structure your ticketing workflow.

Other solutions that were considered include ConnectWise, LanDesk, Spiceworks, among others. Zendesk was chosen because it is the most user friendly.

What other advice do I have?

There is a simple to use free trial for companies considering Zendesk.

it_user422004
Customer Onboarding at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Easy to keep track of all the tickets that have come, you can categorize tickets and search for them based on that category.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity in the way tickets come in and how easy it is to reply. We also have it integrated with our chat tool Olark and when I am offline on chat then the offline chats come in through Zendesk.

How has it helped my organization?

Easy to keep track of all the tickets that have come, you can categorize tickets and search for them based on that category, you can add tags, create reports. They have good data reporting that gives ability to track performance, response times, and a zillion things that can be reported. We have integrated it with Olark and Jira as well.

What needs improvement?

The ability to share tickets with other members of the organization without having to buy license for each one. Change the date/time option from today, yesterday to actual day/date.

I've been using it for four years.

It was deployed by our IT team and so I cant answer to that but as far as I know we started with the free trial and liked it very much so started paying for it.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

The support is not on chat often which is quite frustrating if you want immediate answers but they do respond to tickets within 24 hours.

We previously used Salesforce. That was a very cumbersome system for simple customer ticketing. Salesforce is good if you have multiple teams using it for sales, support, admin, but we wanted a simple customer ticket system that was offered by Zendesk.

We did offer a Zendesk instance to our partner client through us, and the deployment was not an issue at all.

It was done by an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a simple ticketing system that anyone can understand and implement(support personnel who is not tech-savvy) then this is the one. Salesforce requires a person to be somewhat tech-savvy.

it_user422025
Consultant / Public Speaking / Writing with 51-200 employees
Improved organization functions by providing a ticket database support system for more effective communication and follow up on customer issues​​.

What is most valuable?

Navigation and application is user friendly and can be self-taught from a user perspective. Categorizing issues is also of utmost importance.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved organization functions by providing a ticket database support system for more effective communication and follow up on customer issues.

What needs improvement?

It could use better analytics for trend tracking as well as the ability to tie the customer support and sales items together.

I've used it for one year.

I was not involved in the initial deployment.

We had no issues with the stability.

We had no issues scaling it for our needs.

8/10

I was not involved in the decision making of choosing the support product. While I was there, the company actually moved to Salesforce.

I was not involved in initial setup.

My understanding is that it was implemented as an in-house team. My advice on implementation is for workflows to be evaluated and setup up with the customers in order that they are optimizing the product. I do not feel the product was optimized based on original implementation.

it_user421542
Subject Matter Expert at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
I managed to whip up a temporary support platform within a day, and got it officially implemented and signed off within a month.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and simplicity (for both users and support agents). It was an absolute breeze to set up and quickly implement into our workflow. It didn’t require a large hosting infrastructure on our side, and the support team was always on the ball.

How has it helped my organization?

We had struggled with our existing support ticketing system for years due to expense, constant downtime, and excruciatingly poor performance. I discovered Zendesk by chance, managed to whip up a temporary support platform within a day, and got it officially implemented and signed off within a month. We managed to prove cost savings instantly and our users actually enjoyed using it.

What needs improvement?

There are some edge cases where the simplicity of the platform prevented some unusual workflows, but we worked around it without much hassle. I disliked that the reporting was very basic (but the free GoodData integration went a long way to alleviate that)

We've been using it for four years.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

It's excellent.

We used two different solutions, both quite elaborate and expensive. They required enormous infrastructure and still performed pathetically poorly. Users hated using the system Our support consultants hated the system as updating a support ticket could take five minutes or longer, just going between fields. We couldn’t get users to provide after-the-fact support feedback.

The initial setup was incredibly simple. Choose your integration method (we used Google, so it was even simpler), set up your fields and workflow, and it’s running.

In-house (myself). It really was quite simple to do. I viewed a few videos, tried the incredibly simple trial, and went from there.

The ROI was quite noticeable. Ever when writing off the previous system, Zendesk’s annual license fee for the same number of users (even a few extra) still came out more affordable. Once you factor in the productivity increase, it was a no-brainer for us. The sales team where also quite accommodating in terms of licensing and advice. There are different types of user licensing, and we could leverage this easily.

What other advice do I have?

Users took about one or two days to get to know the new way of call logging, and we were running on full steam within a week. When the system did go down for a couple of hours (probably three times in two years) it was noticeable, but only because we relied on it so heavily. Definitely take the trial and set up a mock environment. It’s really worth it.

it_user417060
Market and Business Development - USA & Canada at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
We're now able to track jobs via the ticketing system as well.​

Valuable Features:

There are a couple of features we've found most valuable for us, which are

• Macros and
  • Reports.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have improved the service to clients, creating great support and managing relationships.

We're now able to track jobs via the ticketing system as well.

Every department in our organization relies on Zendesk.

Room for Improvement:

We work in print so being able to preview files attached and having larger files (larger than 7MB would be great) would be a welcomed improvement.

The app also needs to be made more user-friendly.

Use of Solution:

We have been using this software for over three years.

Deployment Issues:

We had no issues with the deployment.

Scalability Issues:

We have had service clients, creating great support and managing relations, tracking jobs via ticketing system as well. In other words, it's scaled for the things we need it to do.

it_user416046
Senior Sales Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

I currently barely use Zendesk any longer, I have changed roles from post sales support to a pre sales role and we no longer have to use it. I do refer to our knowledge base quite often, which is now powered by a mix of Inbenta and Zendesk.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a customer support model based organization. When our customers experience an issue or need help, we direct them to enter support tickets and to expect follow up via that interface. Our company is based on this model and wouldn't be as successful as we are today without this support structure in place.

What needs improvement?

We had to modify extensively the reporting features to be meaningful to our business. In addition to this, our internal business is very much metric driven, they did a good job with these metrics, but to get customized metric reporting, you need to understand how to customize their reporting.

We use the full access Enterprise Level Zendesk case management and knowledge base tracking solution. It is used both internally as well as with our customer base. I have been using it on and off for three years.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

During the early years, we were not viewed as a very large (or important) customer, but as we started to grow and expand, and started looking at other solutions besides Zendesk, that acquired us the attention we were looking for.

There was no solution in place previously.

I was not included in the initial setup.

I was not included or part of the financial aspects of this product.

What other advice do I have?

The product is fairly solid, the solution is fairly easy to manage and to be used by our customers. The reporting that was native out of the box was a bit on the light side, but over the year and a half that I held a management position in our technical support team, I was able to add and modify the reporting to fit my needs.

Take your time with the training, use the supplied training they offer. Use their resource center and the extensive community help articles.

Institutional Sales Executive (Head of APAC region) at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
With the privilege setting of different roles and spam filter, it helps us work more efficiently in ticket resolving and the data security.

What is most valuable?

I think it’s the view function, the privilege setting of different roles and spam filter, it helps us work more efficiently in ticket resolving and the data security.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to spend two to three working days to solve around 100 tickets and after we used Zendesk the turnaround time has been improved approximately 50%.

What needs improvement?

It's expensive.

I have been using this for more than six months,

We have had no issues with deploying it.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We haven't needed to scale as our helpdesk is quite small.

They have a very good Q&A page/system, I will give them the best rating.

We didn’t use any other ticket systems.

It's very easy and straight forward with a strong Q&A system supported.

I was the person who set up everything, I would say it’s very easy to set it up for a person who has adequate computing knowledge.

The price is not cheap but it’s affordable for us. I think we are on the second cheapest deal.

We were looking for a solution and we found Zendesk.

it_user415359
Customer Experience Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

The most valuable for me is the home option because I can easily sort my open tickets, ticket statistic, and satisfaction statistic. Also the ticket matrix where I can check a report in order to hit KPIs is helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

We can check how fast we can help customers with their inquiries, how customer satisfied with our services using satisfaction score, we also could managed which matrix that we need to improved our performance, and last but not the least, we also can help customer inquiries from Facebook or live chat using this product.

What needs improvement?

I would like easy access for the mobile app as it can take quite a while to load the data.

I've been using this solution for one year seven months.

The stability is good.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

10/10 - they helped me solved my problem and to understand how it works.

This is my first time using this kind of thing. Even though I haven't tried other solutions, I think this product is very useful and easy to use.

The initial setup was straightforwarded. It's clear and didn't confuse me.

Self Employed at a tech company with self employed

Valuable Features:

Zendesk is very easy to setup and its processes are intuitive. Agents can learn to use the interface within a very short time-frame. The feature that stands out for me, is the ability to create your own apps for Zendesk. I hardly ever feel limited by the framework and can add individual functionality.

Improvements to My Organization:

Working with different companies, I found, that Zendesk helped to  improve a lot of the existing workflows. It even forces you to rethink lots of the existing structures. The outcome: Better workflows, more control, a better understanding of reports and numbers in general.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more freedom when creating "Triggers" and "Automations". While the system is intuitive, I would like to be able to script these processes, rather than using the more limited drag and drop system.

Use of Solution:

I am a Zendesk customer/user. I work as a consultant for different companies all over the world. I usually suggest using Zendesk.

Other Advice:

When implementing Zendesk, make sure to understand the way Zendesk works in the first place. Plan ahead: What channels will be used? What kind of ticket views will be needed? Will there be different types of agents? Do we need to add functionality via apps? Once you answered all the necessary questions, make sure to create a small plan with focus on scalability.

it_user245394
Application Support Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

The reporting feature. It was easy to use and discover and trends occurring in the calls to discuss in meetings.

How has it helped my organization?

More accountability. When you have a ticket(s) open it makes you accountable to get it resolved. It provides real data from a production perspective as well.

What needs improvement?

Not that it was particularly difficult, but we needed direct assistance from Zendesk for the implementation.

I used Zendesk daily for about two years.

There were no problems with the deployment at all. It went very smoothly.

It's been very stable.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

I personally never had to call Zendesk for tech support or customer service. That was funneled through a different person.

There was no previous ticketing system in place. Several others were evaluated but Zendesk being web based and having integration with Gmail was a big part of the deciding factor.

I was not involved with the deployment.

Implementation was done by one person other than me with the direct assistance of Zendesk.

What other advice do I have?

Of the several different help desk ticket systems I have used ZenDesk was the easiest to learn and use during a call.

Give Zendesk a serious look during your evaluation process. This product is scale-able for any size of help desk, has great reporting features, and easy to learn.

it_user413475
IT Consultant/System Adminstrator at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable feature was its simplicity as it was made easy to use. It was good for a while, but the organization grew larger than the software and hence the upgrade to Salesforce.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was its simplicity as it was made easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

It was good for a while, but the organization grew larger than the software and hence the upgrade to Salesforce, which was more robust for the amount of end users.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve on the customization and having the ability to scale up.

I worked with Zendesk for seven to eight months and then we switched to a customized version of Salesforce for Help Desk use.

We had no issues with deployment.

The stability was a problem as our help desk grew. The product would…

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was its simplicity as it was made easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

They need to improve on the customization and having the ability to scale up.

We had no issues with deployment.

The stability was a problem as our help desk grew. The product would need work on its stability (system hangs) and being able to handle larger groups.

As our organization grew, it couldn't scale to our needs. That's why we switched to Salesforce.

6/10

6/10

There was nothing in place previously.

It was straightforward as we just followed the instructions.

We did it in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure it is a fit for your business today and into the future.

it_user413340
Team Lead - CSM Nordics at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
You can reply to tickets by simply replying to email and start tickets by shooting an email to the right address.

Valuable Features

Feedback system through emails – the fact that you can reply to tickets by simply replying to email, also starting tickets by shooting an email to the right address.

Improvements to My Organization

It makes life much easier e.g. clients who never used Zendesk before needn’t learn it, they can just shoot an email to report an issue.

Room for Improvement

It needs to have a more intuitive application of macro’s in changing ticket statuses.

Use of Solution

We've used it for two years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

It is rarely needed.

It's straightforward for me.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The pricing is much higher than that of other solutions.

Other Solutions Considered

It wasn’t my personal decision, but, I would go for Zendesk over QuickBase or MS Dynamics, which I had a chance to use for years as well, anytime.

Other Advice

If their price is acceptable, I would recommend using Zendesk to all companies whose clients and employees need a simple way of raising issues.

it_user411153
Project Coordinator at BlackSquare Inc.
We have integrated it with Slack and we get customer updates in real-time.

Valuable Features

I'd say that the integration options that Zendesk offers are the most valuable features to our team. We eJIRA as our internal development software, and Zendesk's integration provides us the ability to create new JIRA tickets based on the information that we receive from our clients. This feature allows are team to be as efficient as possible as it reduces any duplication of work, which is always a bonus in the start-up world.

Improvements to My Organization

Another important Zendesk integration that our team leverages is Slack. We use Slack as our internal mode of communication on the regular, and the integration with Zendesk allows us to receive customer notifications this way, as well. Zendesk updates come to us in real-time via Slack, and because it's how we normally communicate as a team, we receive them in the least-disruptive way possible.

Room for Improvement

My one negative critique would be the user interface. It's pretty busy and isn't the most user friendly; at times it is hard to navigate through or understand where you're at.

Use of Solution

I believe BlackSquare has been using Zendesk for two and a half years now.

We have had no issues deploying it.

It's stable and I have not noticed any issues.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

I have never had to use tech support.

I was not involved in the implementation.

it_user409911
Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
We needed to code stuff on our side due to business specific needs which it could not account for.​​​

Valuable Features:

It was easy to setup and has plug-and-play possibilities. It required very little coding from our side and could practically be setup using drop-down options in the system's setup and engine.

Improvements to My Organization:

It forced the organization to rethink sub-par work processes and enabled us to work smarter. When we suggested new changes to the business processes our helpdesk questioned why we couldn't do it like we always had, but revealing that the old ways of doing so was time consuming and illogical. Zendesk helped streamline our ticket workflow.

Room for Improvement:

We needed to code stuff on our side due to business specific needs which Zendesk could not account for.

It's easy to setup.

It was stable.

It's scalable/

Initial Setup:

It required configuration which most people with understanding of business processes can do. No developer's help is essentially needed for the most basic functionality to work.

it_user410553
Head of Customer Service at a hospitality company with 51-200 employees
The possibility to quickly send templates emails based on content and user language​.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, highly customizable and makes our work faster.

How has it helped my organization?

The possibility to quickly send templates emails based on content and user language.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement in the "trigger" sections and "macros" as well. Both should have conditional fields to customize.

We've used it for three years.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

How are customer service and

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, highly customizable and makes our work faster.

What needs improvement?

We've used it for three years.

Mainly it's been good.

Mainly it's been good.

We used Netsuite which is too complex and too expensive.

The setup process is quite easy.

We did it in house.

What other advice do I have?

It is perfect if you need an email system. Absolutely not if looking for a CRM solution.

Freelance Film Critic/Part-time Social Media Coordinator/Junket and Red-Carpet Personality at a media company with 51-200 employees
The ability to easily create macros, quickly see past correspondence, and view analytics are incredibly helpful features. Teams were disappointed when messages were not sent successfully.

What is most valuable?

The ability to easily create macros, quickly see past correspondence from a recent sender, and view analytics are incredibly helpful features that are invaluable business tools.

How has it helped my organization?

The capability to see easily digestible (and regularly updated) analytics in regards to Zendesk usage helps every member of the team on a daily basis.

What needs improvement?

In both organizations which I worked at that utilized Zendesk, members of the respective teams were disappointed when messages were not sent successfully to email recipients (usually with Yahoo or Hotmail accounts, but not exclusively). There should be an option that clearly indicates when the ticket was not properly sent (and, alternatively, when it has). Additionally, "Internal note" is never just an internal note, it is sent to all recipients on the ticket, which has led to quite a lot of miscommunication and frustration. Finally, for a novice user of Zendesk, it is unclear what the differences are between the varied options (open, pending, solved) for sending tickets. There should be a clear delineation between options.

I have used Zendesk for over two years.

Please see my answer for "What are the areas for improvement?".

Please see my answer for "What are the areas for improvement?".

I'm not too sure what you mean in terms of scalability, but I did encounter issues with trying to back up the data (ie. tickets sent, frequent ticket senders, etc.) to a different platform (which was necessary at the organization I was with at the time).

I have no comment on this issue as I never reached out to the Zendesk customer service team.

I have no comment on this issue as I never reached out to the Zendesk technical support team.

For two particular inboxes the company I was working with at the time switched from Gmail to Zendesk for ease of use and quicker analytics tools.

I cannot comment on this as I was not involved with the setup at the time.

As I was not involved with the setup of the program, I cannot comment on this question at this time.

As I am no longer with the two organizations that utilized Zendesk, I cannot comment on this question.

I was not involved with the financial decision making process and thus cannot comment on this question.

I was not involved with this decision making process and thus cannot comment on this question.

it_user371346
Marketplace Integrity Specialist at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
​The ticketing software itself as well as the reporting features have been most valuable.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Our CS team has been able to quickly and effectively run through customer inquiries using the Zendesk platform

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the ability to merge between companies/teams. We have separate teams using Zendesk, and while we can move tickets to one another we cannot take certain actions to them as they are technically 'the other team's'.

We've used it for one year.

I have not seen any issues.

Zendesk has great customer service and there are rarely technical issues.

I have not used a different ticketing service, but in comparison to CS communication software such as Olark, phone support, and emails - Zendesk has been the easiest solution.

I was not part of the set-up.

I believe the implementation was done through an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

The team at Zendesk is there to help, so don't be afraid to reach out. There are many 'hidden' tools that make CS agents life easier, find them, use them.

it_user357579
Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It allows employees to work remotely and to reply to the customer on the go, although it'd be easier to setup if there was metadata available and an API guru resource available.

What is most valuable?

The cloud web app is the single most valuable feature for me.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows employees to work remotely and to reply to the customer on the go.

What needs improvement?

It would be easier to setup if there was metadata available and an API guru resource available. This would help in migrating user information from old platforms to Zendesk.

We've been using it for over two years.

Zendesk's support team are available 24/7 for the enterprise-level customers. Though certain bugs are not immediately resolved, they do get resolved within a reasonable amount of time.

Previous product used was Oracle RightNow. The solution was bulky, only supported Windows at the time, and costly to configure. Zendesk, on the other hand, can be configured on the fly, works with any web browser, and comes with mobile apps for on-the-go staff.

Everything was very straightforward. The biggest huddle was migrating the users' information out of the old platform into Zendesk. I'm sure it's easier if there is metadata available and an API guru resource available. We did not have any at the time, so it was a manual process. It was a lot of straightforward repetitive work.

The ROI is amazing. We had a team of 21 and were able to reduce it to seven members, and they are able to handle the same load.

What other advice do I have?

Get the Enterprise edition to start with. It has an excellent support team to answer all questions you may have. If migration of old tickets can be avoided, it will be much faster and cheaper. Don't forget those legacy links pointing to the older KB in the old support portals as those may have been hard-linked from the web app/desktop app or elsewhere.

it_user347661
Senior Operations Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
For us, it does what we need, which is ticketing, reporting, automation, responders, use of .csv imports, data extracts, and API use for Help Center. But, we'd like custom reporting capabilities.

Valuable Features

The features I find most valuable are the relative ease of configuration and the add-ons.

Improvements to My Organization

We used to receive email notifications into Outlook. It is extremely easy to create a mail.

Room for Improvement

• They should build in a ticket auto-assignment module, which would be amazing. This would set Zendesk apart without having to use third-party apps. Although these are fantastic and useable, they would allow for consulting opportunities for them and really tailor the ticket management solution for a prospective customer.
  • Partitioning rules and triggers need improvement.
  • It would be great to go beyond multi-brand and allow for a brand to be self-managed by its own administrator with visibility from global administrators.
  • Enhancements to Help Center. A broader selection of templates, though if you have in-house web skills, the CSS, JScript, and markup environment should be flexible enough for most needs.
  • We would like to see enhancements in how the knowledge management process is managed in Help Center. Perhaps some work flow behind article creation to approval, also easier methods to flag articles for review, deletion flagging that can be executed with work flow from UI rather than having to do through API.
  • Custom reporting capability like for Zendesk ticketing for Help Center.
  • I would like to see the service to update the Twitter feed used more frequently and be updated with more meaningful info, but that happens with every service tool I have ever known since I was born.

Use of Solution

We've used the enterprise edition for three years.

In general, no, there we some issues around report name change during the reporting platform migration which was a little frustrating, but in general updates are managed well and even when they do fail they recover well.

It's a solid 7/10 for specific contacts, and it would be higher including my account managers in two different regions and also tech contacts. I would rate them all 9/10.

Setup was straightforward if you know where you’re looking. Therein lies the crux of the issue. Do you know where to look? Given that there are a lot of configuration points to correctly setup your ZD instance ,it may not be out of the box, but no tool is, and I feel the investment to get up to speed with ZD is definitely worth it.

Implementation Team

In-house, but if time is a consideration, get a vendor. If you cannot afford it, invest the time and users to ample guides and knowledge on their support site and get involved in their communities. Actively use Zendesk support, which is great particularly for new users.

ROI

The ROI is related to your requirements and what you are trying to achieve and how well they address those needs. For us, it does what we need, which is ticketing, reporting, automation, responders, use of .csv imports, data extracts, API use for Help Center and other projects.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Take the time to understand what your workload is before you even move into Zendesk. You will then be able to determine how many agents licenses you require.

Also, understand the requirements for what you need in terms of functionality as Zendesk Enterprise is significantly more costly than Plus but offers much more. You need to work out if you actually need that functionality and what price point is acceptable for the number of agents you have.

Remember, if you are looking at big numbers of agents talk with an account manager and see what price you can get. You will never know unless you give it a go.

• MS CRM
  • SalesForce
  • Siebel
  • Infra
  • Front Range HEAT
  • AR Remedy

We chose Zendesk because of its ease of use and the projected ROI. Do you really need to invest in the beast and have a TCO that needs to cover an architectural team worth over $500,000 a year? In some cases absolutely, and the ROI justifies it in my case for this and my last organization. There are a lot of things where we can work with what we have.

Other Advice

Go and see people who use it, or at least gather feedback from the community. Join the Zendesk support community and ask.

Zendesk Ticket Interface

Reporting

it_user347544
Sr Director of Channel Sales and Customer Service at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The UI allowed our service reps to capture and log all activity related to an inquiry much faster than before. The inability to design a what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface affects rep performance.

What is most valuable?

Zendesk helps differentiate our staff into the different business units that they are responsible for.

Additionally, this add-on helps us with reporting on the specific areas of the business we need to track separately.

Second to the add-on is the Help Center. In conjunction with the multi-brand feature, using the Help Center by brand allows us to segment answers by business segment and allows our customers to find an answer before they contact support. The helpdesk feedback and tracking allows us to monitor if a helpdesk article is effective or not, thus allowing us to consistently improve our helpdesk service.

How has it helped my organization?

The overall user interface was a vast improvement over our previous tool. It allowed our service reps to capture and log all activity related to an inquiry much faster than before.

The semi-integration between Zopim and Zendesk works without a problem as well, and was well received by the team as being easier to use than our previous tool.

What needs improvement?

Reporting by Tags – this is not as effective as allowing reps to disposition tickets themselves. The knowledge base search is also old and only keyword based. Any large knowledge base – much like Zendesk Corporate Knowledgebase – will return many irrelevant responses.

Also, the inability to design a what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface for the reps unfortunately can affect rep performance as they have to scroll past field they don’t need to touch.

To date we have had no issues with scalability.

Service and Support are excellent. Whilst the knowledge base leaves a lot to be desired and the push to use the community is as annoying as it is unreliable, if you do contact support they are responsive and thorough.

We used a support product from Oracle. It had all the bells and whistles, however it was dated and very expensive as well as hard to maintain without a developer. Zendesk saves us over $50,000 per year and can be maintained in-house by our staff.

Deployment was very easy. In fact, very little assistance was needed from Zendesk Support.

If you understand CRM strategy and basic set up you can start using Zendesk out-of-the-box. Customization and maintenance are easy.

There are several shortcomings in the product when compared with other tools such as the ability to create child incidents, assign and track tasks related to the completion of an incident, and then to report on them are a challenge and require add-on tools.

I implemented this tool myself. Their implementation coach was great, but there was little help other than coordination needed from Zendesk. I found many times they couldn’t offer a solution to my questions, and I either had to do a workaround or figure out a different way of doing things. When I did need to get engineering involved they were very helpful and engaged in developing a solution.

ROI is easily over $50,000 per year.

Licensing is fairly flexible and they have fairly standard licensing offerings. The sales team did work with us on a solution for our particular need.

What other advice do I have?

Develop your reporting requirements early as you may have to implement customer fields or applications to be able to get what you need.

Also, document exceptions outside your normal service flow in order to get the Zendesk implementation team up to speed early to learn if what you want can be done.

Lastly, review the apps store to see what you might need so that you can implement those capabilities up front.

it_user347154
Customer Happiness Associate at Indiegogo
The JIRA integration has helped tremendously with bug tracking, but I would love to see an easier way to add users to it.

Valuable Features

The ticketing system is invaluable as well as the integrations.

We use the JIRA integration to track bugs and customer feedback.

Improvements to My Organization

Before the JIRA integration, we weren't able to track incidents of bugs in an aggregated manner. Now it's much easier to track incidents and follow up for more information from customers experiencing issues.

The JIRA integration has helped tremendously with bug tracking and timely resolution.

Room for Improvement

I would love to see an easier way to add users to Zendesk as well as a way to BCC people on tickets. It would also be nice to have easier formatting tools/shortcuts for responses to customers.

Use of Solution

We've used Zendesk since I've worked at Indiegogo, which has been about two years.

I wasn't involved with the initial deployment.

I've had no issues with instability.

No problems scaling.

Zendesk is always very responsive to our questions and very quick to let us know if there are any issues or maintenance occurring.

it_user346989
IT Specialist at a non-profit with 501-1,000 employees
Ticket submission has been completely streamlined, but more metrics are needed.

What is most valuable?

Internal notes and archiving of tickets for future reference are valuable features for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Ticket submission has been completely streamlined and our ability to respond has been greatly simplified coming from our past solution (Sharepoint-based).

What needs improvement?

Metrics – I would like to see it more based around ticket submissions/reasons.

I've used it for one and a half years.

No issues encountered.

6/10 – usually helpful but sometimes very slow.

6/10 – usually helpful but sometimes very slow.

Yes, we used a Sharepoint based ticket system that was very antiquated and difficult to manage. I vetted a few other systems, including Spiceworks. I chose Zendesk due to its pricing and great list of features.

Very straightforward, minimal setup required.

In-house. The only recommendation I have is to make sure your users know how it functions and that there are multiple ways to submit tickets.

ROI is difficult to gauge, but Zendesk is willing to work on pricing for non-profits.

I would highly recommend Zendesk for medium sized IT teams of approximately five to 20 people.

it_user344577
Operations Intelligence at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Insight analytics made the reporting process easier, but the more customization you do, the slower it will be.

What is most valuable?

• Insight analytics
  • SLA
  • Business hours

How has it helped my organization?

Insight analytics made the reporting process easier. We integrated it with GoodData, and every time you need to create a report in order to see something, you just need to put the right elements into it.

What needs improvement?

The more customization you do, the slower it will be. Maybe this could be improved.

I've used it for one year and two months.

No issues encountered.

Never talk to them, we talk to our global IT.

Never talk to them, we talk to our global IT.

No previous solution was used.

The initial setup was step-by-step. I guess our global team upgrades the plan every now and then. It is better than to do complex ones the first time.

In-house one. Never miss any training when there's a new tool.

We use the Professional plan, which costs $49 per agent per month.

What other advice do I have?

It's very great for tracking your customer service activities, building reports, and gaining satisfaction from responses. No other platform is better than this one.

it_user247317
Account Coordinator at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Friendly and intuitive design, but sometimes they wouldn't update by tickets and I kept getting an error message.

Valuable Features

Zendesk has helped us to better connect and respond quicker to our clients.

Improvements to My Organization

Report Generator needs to be improved.

Room for Improvement

I was not there at the initial deployment of Zendesk with my past company.

Use of Solution

I have used it for one year.

Overall, I don't think I did. There were a few instances where Zendesk was not updating my tickets and I kept getting an error message.

No, I think the tool is great for small business and smaller start-up companies.

I never dealt with Zendesk customer service, but I have heard great things about it.

Customer Service: I believe the company had a trial period with…

Valuable Features

Zendesk has helped us to better connect and respond quicker to our clients.

Improvements to My Organization

Report Generator needs to be improved.

Room for Improvement

I was not there at the initial deployment of Zendesk with my past company.

Use of Solution

I have used it for one year.

I believe the company had a trial period with SalesForce, but switched to Zendesk because of the affordability.

I was not available during initial setup, but Zendesk is pretty quick to catch.

SalesForce

Other Advice

• Very simple to great to use
  • Friendly and intuitive design
  • Affordable
  • Great for small support team
Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I believe Zendesk and my past company shared the same investor.
it_user245439
Google Apps deployment Specialist and Support Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
This is one of the better solutions on the market for SMBs but it needs to allow more information to be put into tickets.

What is most valuable?

• Merging similar incident tickets into one ticket as a problem ticket
  • APIs to integrate with other CRM solutions like Remedy and RemedyForce

How has it helped my organization?

• Handling tickets within the SLA
  • Smart search of archived tickets for auditing purposes
  • Support metrics to analyse the work done by the support team during certain period of time.

What needs improvement?

The reports could be more fine tuned to enable better handling of tickets by individual agents and teams.

I've used the webportal and the Android App for two years.

No this is a simple online portal hosted on a cloud platform.

No issues encountered.

Zendesk tech support is done via a forum, but the knowledge base contains most of the technical knowledge.

No previous solution was used.

It's straightforward.

It was done in-house.

• Remedy
  • RemedyForce

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the better solutions on the market for SMBs. It's good if your main concentration is tickets. It lacks features for attaching enough information in the ticket.

it_user245394
Application Support Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees
It helped with tracking tickets and identifying trends in help desk calls.

What is most valuable?

Reporting Tracking

How has it helped my organization?

When I used it, it helped with tracking tickets and identifying trends in help desk calls.

I used it for two years.

No issues, it went well.

I did not experience any stability issues during the two years I used Zendesk.

None at all.

Customer Service: I never had to call customer service. That was done by the admin person. Technical Support: I personally never had to call the Zendesk tech support, as again it was handled by admin.

Which

What is most valuable?

• Reporting
  • Tracking

I used it for two years.

No issues, it went well.

I did not experience any stability issues during the two years I used Zendesk.

None at all.

I never had to call customer service. That was done by the admin person.

At the time I was employed at that company there was no help desk ticket system in use prior to implementing Zendesk.

There was one person who worked with Zendesk to implement it.

• ZoHo
  • Freshdesk
  • SysAid

What other advice do I have?

Zendesk is a great product but find a software package that will work best for your team and company.

it_user245391
HR Source Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It helps out in organizing all our tasks, but it needs the ability to merge tickets.

What is most valuable?

It's been very helpful with tracking our tasks and how long it's taking us to finish our tasks. Also, assigning tickets to certain members, and being able to add other email aliases to tickets. It also helps organize how we go through our work day.

How has it helped my organization?

Getting through the recruiting process has been a lot smoother. It's easier for our team to follow up with candidates and check what stage they're at (such as if they need an offer drafted, or if they need a background check initiated). It has also been very helpful with scheduling interviews, especially when we get 20+ requests at what time. Keeps everything very organized.

What needs improvement?

Merging tickets. It's very time consuming; maybe the system can automatically merge tickets that are related and on the same topic.

We have been using it for about seven months right now.

No issues so far.

Only some outages here and there, but the Zendesk Twitter feed is awesome on letting the whole world know what's wrong and that they're working on it.

No issues encountered, and many different teams are utilizing Zendesk here at the company.

I have never had to contact customer service in regards to Zendesk, which I would say that's a good thing.

We haven't run into any issues at all!

No we didn't. We were stuck with utilizing a shared mailbox to separate all the requests. It was very time consuming. Zendesk has helped out a lot with separating those requests, and now it takes up less time.

Very straightforward. We went over in one training session, how it works, closing a ticket, assigning tickets, etc.

I believe it was an in-house implementation.

No we didn't as before our team took on Zendesk, it was already implemented within our IT team.

What other advice do I have?

It's an amazing product. It really helps out in organizing all our tasks. Not only that, but it pulls metrics if you're curious to see how many requests come in, and how long it takes to complete those requests. I would highly recommend this product.

Technical Director - Data Center Solutions at Atrion
I've been using Zendesk for years and still love it
Have been using Zendesk for years and still love the product.

Have been using Zendesk for years and still love the product.

Architect at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Its customizable features, sandbox, documentation and support are great, but the look and feel could use more polish

What is most valuable?

Customizable features, sandbox, documentation, support

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to get up and running with Zendesk in a very short time. While our IT department uses Zendesk for it's internal ticket handling, my team uses Zendesk to integrate with a web app on a project for a client. We're able to build a robust web app including help desk functionality that makes the product owner and client very happy.

What needs improvement?

The look and feel could use a little more polish. The way information is presented in the admin console is a bit unorthodox and hard to get used to.

Three months

We initially tried Desk.com but their documentation was not accurate and their API was buggy.

It was mostly straightforward initially. Once you get into it it gets more complicated. We wanted to embed the solution into a webpage which required the Zendesk team to make a custom tweak to their config (which they warned us about).

In-house consultant and in-house employees. They did a great job.

We pay about $70/month per agent which is pretty high. We plan to add more agents soon but need to think carefully about who exactly is an "agent" in this context, because the price is quite high.

Yes we evaluated (and mistakenly purchased) Desk.com

What other advice do I have?

Rely on their excellent documentation and don't be afraid to ask them for help.
it_user2589
IT Administrator at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Simple and excellent customer support application, but new features are require

Valuable Features:

1. As per my experience Zendesk is a very impressive, efficient and convenient web based help desk application. 2. It delivers elegant ticket management. It is easy to manage and has a self-service community platform. 3. Multiple features are available to configure and to use Zendesk like chat, Twitter, Facebook, performance meter. 4. Integration with business applications (like MS Dynamic, edocr, Drupal, BlackBerry etc) is possible.

Room for Improvement:

1. Agent module is clumsy. 2. Customer search is disconnected. 3. Many channel inquiries are not possible to collect into a single interface. 4. No URL integration with back office system. 5. Customizable help center is not available.