Zephyr Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zephyr Enterprise is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Quality Management Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus ALM Quality Center: Zephyr Enterprise vs Micro Focus ALM Quality Center

What is Zephyr Enterprise?

Transform your organization and produce high quality software, quickly. Get to market faster, reduce risk and accelerate time to revenue. Future proof your test management investment with a platform that easily configures to your evolving processes.

Legacy systems have no place in your agile business. They hinder more than they help. It is time to retire those legacy test management solutions with today’s technology, integrations, deployment models and a simplified licensing model.

Measure. Analyze. Share. Elevate visibility across the organization. Make well-informed business decisions with real-time information that comes in from across your globally distributed teams.

Zephyr Enterprise is also known as SmartBear Zephyr.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Zephyr Enterprise Customers

Hyundai, Fujitsu, Google, David Jones, Burger King, Ingenico, Websense, Dow Jones, Harris, Saab

Zephyr Enterprise Video

Archived Zephyr Enterprise Reviews (more than two years old)

SP
QA Supervisor at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It has integration with test automation tools. Needs support for the agile and BDD approaches.

• "It has integration with test automation tools."
  • "We would like support for the agile and behavior-driven development (BDD) approaches."

What is our primary use case?

Test repository is our primary usage. It was working fine, especially with the waterfall approach. With waterfall products, it worked but now we are transitioning to an agile model. This is where we are having challenges, and one of the reasons that we are looking for a different tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier test artifacts used to be maintained either in a shared drive or somewhere in Excel spreadsheet. Now, we are getting consolidated reports in one place. We have all our metrics and repository together, and this is helpful.

What is most valuable?

It has integration with test automation tools. Our test automation is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

More than five years.

The product is good and stable.

Scalability is okay. I have heard Zephyr Enterprise will be coming out with a cloud version which will be able to scale to a large size.

The technical support is good.

For the related features it supports, on a scale of one to 10, it is around a seven. The features have support, but it is minimal today. We are looking for advanced support with integration to CI tools. This is something which Zephyr does not have today.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

The vendors currently on our shortlist are Zephyr, Micro Focus, JIRA, and qTest.

What other advice do I have?

Look for a global solution which fits enterprise-wide and has a good dashboard. It should include metrics at all levels and have quality at every stage in the lifecycle. If a tool can fit these criteria, it will be a good option.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: These days, we are looking for the following:

1. We are looking for agile and behavior-driven development support.
  2. We want to integrate with our in-house and automation tools.
  3. Cost matters.
it_user738735
QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Improves the testing of the product on many levels through planning, test case creation, automation goals, etc.

What is most valuable?

• Organizing the knowledge for the product.
  • Easy test execution plans.

How has it helped my organization?

• Mainly knowledge transfer and better team communication.
  • Test cases verification and acceptance criteria clearance.
  • Improves the testing of the product on many levels - planning, test case creation, automation goals, test reporting, and verification of the testing.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I have missed is an easy way to configure showing the latest execution results of all test cases linked in JIRA (story/epic), thus, receiving the state of a feature.

One year.

No. I didn't use Zephyr when account issues with JIRA cloud occurred this spring.

Actually, I've never used the support. I asked the question in some forum, but didn't receive answers. If that forum is the support, it gets a bad rate.

TestLink. Switched because Zephyr has:

• Much better UI
  • Better functionalities
  • Bug tracking integration.

I used the system after it was already configured and integrated.

I advised my current team to start using it. I have no idea about the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Don't take in mind only the price, this product really improves your organization.

Product Categories
Test Management Tools
Download our free Test Management Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus, and more!