YaganadenNaicken
Senior Information Technology System Engineer at State Informatics Limited
Stable, good quality, and the remote desktop control feature is helpful

• "The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure."
  • "I would like to be able to have multiple users open and collaborate on a document at the same time."

What is our primary use case?

Some of our clients use Zoom for video conferencing, so we use it to have meetings with them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure. The remote features all us to do this.

The conference call meeting is a good feature.

I get quick access and the performance is good.

The quality is good and video meetings are very clear.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Zoom for two years.

Zoom is a stable solution, which is why we're using it.

This solution is scalable.

I would rate the technical support an eight or nine out of ten.

Most of the time, we use Microsoft Teams for our meetings. Our choice of video conferencing or virtual meeting software depends on what the client is using.

With some of the other products that we have used, we have experienced poor quality and lost connections. I don't think that it is related to our network because when I switch to Zoom, it works fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Zoom is a good product and I recommend that people use it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

SR
Project Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Simple to use and very stable

• "When there is a large number of people involved, I can pinpoint a particular person and I can message him in Zoom, rather than messaging everybody involved. I can directly communicate with that person and I find that feature very useful."
  • "I would like to see them develop end-to-end encryption, like WhatsApp. That would improve the security of the software."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom to connect with other business units.

What is most valuable?

When there is a large number of people involved, I can pinpoint a particular person and I can message him in Zoom, rather than messaging everybody involved. I can directly communicate with that person and I find that feature very useful.

What needs improvement?

Also, suppose ten people are participating and talking. I can only see four people at a time. So the number of video frames could be better.

Finally, file sharing and formation of groups in this software would be a real improvement.

We have been using this solution for nearly a year.

It's working well. I haven't found any stability issues. On average, I use it twice a week.

There are no issues with the scalability. In our organization there are at least 500 to 1,000 people who use the solution.

It was very easy.

With Skype for teams I can form groups and I can share multiple files and have online being shared. I don't find those features in Zoom. Zoom is more for teleconferencing.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone can use it. It's very handy.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Muhammad Navaid Zafar Ansari
Assistant Manager of Information Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good for virtual meetings, but the security and privacy aspects need to be improved

• "The most valuable feature is video conferencing."
  • "Zoom is an immature product that is not yet stable."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Zoom for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is video conferencing.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to be enhanced. A third-party security audit needs to be completed, and the privacy clauses in their contracts need to be changed.

Zoom is an immature product that is not yet stable.

We have only been using Zoom for a short time.

Zoom is not a stable product. Rather, it is an immature product.

This solution can be scalable but I have not used it for a huge audience so I am not sure.

We are also using Skype for Business for our virtual meetings. Because of issues that we have discovered in Zoom, we have limited our usage of it in the company.

The reason we are using Zoom is that Skype for Business is not installed on all of our employee accounts. In the future, we will only be using Skype for Business.

Zoom is available with an open license that can support meetings of up to 40 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This solution works for video conferencing but it needs improvement in terms of privacy and security.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

CA
Enterprise Security Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Supports multiple connections, allows you to change the background, and works on multiple devices

• "You can have multiple connections so that everybody can interact. You can change your background. If you're in your home and you don't want people to know what it looks like, you can pretty much change the background to any background that you want."
  • "They can make it easier to use and more intuitive. Ease of use is always a key for selling a product."

What is most valuable?

You can have multiple connections so that everybody can interact. You can change your background. If you're in your home and you don't want people to know what it looks like, you can pretty much change the background to any background that you want.

It is pretty reliable. It works on multiple devices. It works on your phone and on your computer.

What needs improvement?

They can make it easier to use and more intuitive. Ease of use is always a key for selling a product.

I started using it during the pandemic.

For the most part, it has been stable. I never really had any issues with it crashing, having to call in twice, or anything like that. It is pretty reliable.

I've experienced larger meetings, and it works fairly well. We had a meeting with more than 50 people on it, and that was pretty impressive. It may have been the enterprise version. I guess enterprises have licenses to do certain things. I don't really know for a fact, but that would be my guess.

You just download it and go. When you're on your device, you just download the client, and then you attend the meetings.

What other advice do I have?

Just from my perspective about it, I would give it a nine out of 10.

Marc Staimer
President & CDS at Dragon Slayer Consulting
Easy to use for multi-person meetings, but an option to encrypt communications would be nice

• "This video conferencing product is easy to use."
  • "The security needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for having virtual multi-person meetings.

What is most valuable?

This video conferencing product is easy to use.

You can present your desktop during meetings.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to be improved.

The ability to encrypt communications would be nice.

I have been using Zoom for a couple of years.

Zoom is stable for the most part. Like any product, there can be issues with instability, but it is adequate for my needs.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used Google Meetings, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Webex, and ON24. I also use Skype or Skype for Business, although I don't like either one.

These days, I mostly use Zoom. It is what I prefer when I need to have multi-person meetings for longer than 40 minutes. I would also say that it is a lot more stable than Webex and GoToMeeting.

The price is $149 USD yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

PS
Network Security, Information Security at University of Central Missouri
Good for remote meetings, user friendly, and flexible

• "The solution is very user friendly and flexible."
  • "The privacy settings need to be more apparent, otherwise anyone can wander into meeting rooms and disrupt them."

What is our primary use case?

We have primarily been using the solution for remote meetings during COVID-19 quarantine. We use it for online classes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and flexible.

What needs improvement?

There is something called Zoom bombing. Users can misuse the product if other users don't enable privacy settings on their meetings. What happened recently was there were 200-300 participants with the host being unaware. The host had not enabled the proper privacy or security settings before initiating the meeting, so unauthenticated users were able to jump on and participate without actually being part of any group. The privacy settings need to be more apparent, otherwise anyone can wander into meeting rooms and disrupt them.

First-time users should get a mandatory walk-through or some sort of mandatory training before installing or using the software. It would help protect them and help them understand how to use the product effectively before jumping into their first meeting.

I'm a student; I've been using the solution since the beginning of COVID-19 when quarantining and social distancing began. It's been around three months.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

I'm just a Zoom user. I'm a student and I've been using it for my classes at University.

AV
Account Management Leader at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Performs better than competitors and has a user-friendly interface

• "Compared to Teams, Zoom's performance and user interface are better. This is especially the case when you're doing any kind of online presentation, PowerPoint, or team demo. I think Zoom is much more user friendly."
  • "If Zoom could be more secure, that would be better. Security is always a highly sensitive matter for everyone today."

What is our primary use case?

There are upwards of 200 people in my organization using Zoom for video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

Compared to Teams, Zoom's performance and user interface are better. This is especially the case when you're doing any kind of online presentation, PowerPoint, or team demo. I think Zoom is much more user friendly. I don't know the level of security of Zoom, but it underwent a CSO test and was approved, so the level of security is good enough for us to use it. Since we are dealing with cyber security, I think it should be well secured.

What needs improvement?

If Zoom could be more secure, that would be better. Security is always a highly sensitive matter for everyone today.

I've been using Zoom for five or six years.

We've had no issues with Zoom that required us to contact technical support.

Installing Zoom is very straightforward. It only took a couple of minutes.

I don't know what the price for Zoom is. It's a company license, so I don't know anything about pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zoom nine out of 10. I would recommend it to others.

DS
Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Simple interface, the quality is good, and you can host a lot of people in a meeting

• "The interface makes it simple to use."
  • "Having easier access to recorded meetings, being able to download them fast, and playing them back would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for video conferencing with my colleagues or with our partners.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the quality, the number of people that you can have in a meeting, and the interface.

The interface makes it simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a "raise hand" feature added to Zoom that gets the presenter's attention.

Having easier access to recorded meetings, being able to download them fast, and playing them back would be helpful.

We have been using Zoom for a few years.

This is a stable solution. We use Zoom occasionally and not on a daily basis but we have not had any trouble with crashes or glitches.

We use the software with our partners to conduct webinars and we haven't had any trouble with scalability that I know of.

There are a lot of webinars that are transmitting in either Zoom or Webex but we normally use Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.