Satish Nannapaneni
CEO & Founder at Flexera Global
Easier to use than Microsoft but slows down when too many people log in at once

• "I rate Zoom as a seven out of ten. This is because it is much easier to use than Microsoft Teams."
  • "The video side should be improved, especially if too many people log in at once."

What needs improvement?

The video side should be improved, especially if too many people log in at once. While they say that the solution can support up to 100 connections simultaneously, it slows down once 20 or 25 people join. So too, the quality of the audio decreases and this is in spite of one being in a good internet area with good network speed.

For the moment, Zoom only allows one to schedule, so it would be nice if it offered the option of creating channels, such as Slack does. The latter solution allows everyone to be on the same call with just a click.

I have been using Zoom for two-and-a-half years.

Zoom comprises our main mode of video communication. We have slowly started incorporating Microsoft Teams, since the company, our employees and the back office use this. Consequently, it is sometimes easier for us to simply conduct a quick call.

I rate Zoom as a seven out of ten. This is because it is much easier to use than Microsoft Teams, but both of these solutions face similar issues when too many people log in at the same time. In fact, Zoom rates slightly lower than Microsoft Teams in terms of video and audio quality when too many people, 20 or 25, log in at once.

Zoom only allows for scheduling at the moment, so it would be nice if it offered the option of creating channels, such as with Slack. The latter solution allows everyone to be on the same call with just a click.

What other advice do I have?

I believe we deploy the solution on the cloud.

Half of our organization makes use of Microsoft Teams and the rest use Zoom.

I rate Zoom as a seven out of ten.

Roni Wijaya
Infrastructure Operations Manager at Artajasa Pembayaran Elektronis
Compared to GoToMeeting Google Duo, Google Hangouts, and TeamViewer, I find that Zoom is generally more stable, easier to use and has more features

• "Zoom is stable and easy to use."
  • "When a lot of people join a meeting it is not possible to shrink the pictures and show them on a single screen."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

The video conferencing is very smooth and it is easy to share content.

Zoom is stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

When a lot of people join a meeting it is not possible to shrink the pictures and show them on a single screen. Instead, we have to scroll to another screen. It would be nice if we could resize the frame.

We have been using Zoom for two weeks.

Zoom is a stable solution.

This is a scalable video conferencing product. We have 278 users and I have tried having 70 people in a single conference, which worked well.

In addition to Zoom, we also use Webex. I have found that sharing material is much easier in Zoom. In fact, we tried using Webex with our partner and they could not share material but with Zoom, they could do it.

There is a 40-minute time limit when you use the basic version, which is free. The limit is for meetings with three or more people.

I have tried several solutions including Google Duo, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, and TeamViewer. I find that Zoom is generally more stable and easier to use than other solutions, and it also has more features.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to try the basic version for free. I highly recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LP
Account Executive at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Excellent features, stable, and scalable

• "Screen Sharing is the most valuable feature in Zoom for me."
  • "The only issue I have is that some clients have difficulty connecting to the audio side of things."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom to demonstrate my solution to my clients. We also use it to make external and internal client calls.

We use Zoom Internally, as well as with our clients.

What is most valuable?

The features are good. I don't have any issues with the features included with Zoom.

Screen Sharing is the most valuable feature in Zoom for me.

What needs improvement?

The only issue I have is that some clients have difficulty connecting to the audio side of things. It could be user issues.

I have used Zoom off and on for many years.

I believe that we use the enterprise version of Zoom.

I don't have any issues with the stability of Zoom.

Zoom is scalable.

We don't have more than ten users at once for my purposes. We haven't had to go any further.

I have not contacted technical support directly. Any issues are addressed with my IT team.

Zoom is the only product that I have used since starting with this company.

In the past, I have used GoToMeeting, Teams, Skype, and Webex.

Teams is nice, but it's on the communication platform, you are only using one application. Aside from that, I can't think of any significant pluses or minuses.

To my knowledge, the initial setup appears to be fine. I'm in sales, so I don't set up anything.

What other advice do I have?

I worked for OpenText for 13 years.

In sales, I use what I am given to work with.

I would rate Zoom an eight out of ten.

JJ
Regional Councillor at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good screen sharing capability but is difficult to collaborate on the spot

• "The screen sharing feature is valuable. It is easy to set up a meeting if you are on a call with a non Teams user if you need to do screen sharing."
  • "It is difficult to collaborate."

What is our primary use case?

Right now for meetings, we are using Zoom. We use it for video communications. Since the pandemic started we started using Zoom. Our first experience we had a problem with security. We got people bombing the meetings.

What is most valuable?

The screen sharing feature is valuable. It is easy to set up a meeting if you are on a call with a non Teams user if you need to do screen sharing. COVID-19 is showing us a new way to communicate, that everything doesn't have to be face to face meetings. And so the more you can really understand the capability of the software, the better you are.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to collaborate. You have to book a meeting first before being able to do anything. We have had experiences where the meeting has frozen. We had to shut it down and get back on again to keep going. Zoom has privacy issues and also stability issues. I would like to see integrations into other applications. It would be nice to have multiple people be able to collaborate on the same screen.

We have been using Zoom for three or four months. Since the Pandemic started.

I would much rather be using Teams and be able to dial up anybody. With Teams, you can collaborate and share files with anybody. Teams are more dynamic. We have also used Skype.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Zoom at a five on a scale of 10. I don't think it has all the integration. This is also because of security issues.

Private Cloud
JM
Senior Client Executive at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, simple document sharing, but more channel building features needed

• "The solution is easy to use and loads up documents for sharing."
  • "There was a situation not long ago when there were some security fears. Some users had somebody else take control of their calls. They might have addressed these issues now, but the security needs to continue to be upgraded."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom internally and externally in our organization for communicating with associates or with clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Zoom has benefited our company because it is easy to set up and for clients to use. When we are doing presentations or discussions at various levels of sales it is a good tool.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and loads up documents for sharing.

What needs improvement?

There are certain ways you can build channels for clients and opportunities in Teams that would be a benefit to add to Zoom. I have been using Teams more than Zoom because it has a lot more capabilities for sales and communication, building, and working with the team.

I have been using Zoom for approximately one year.

The stability is good. I do not remember Zoom having any glitches, or time-out issues, it always seemed consistent.

The solution is highly scalable. We extensively use Zoom, we have approximately 24,000 employees in my organization and many, if not all, have used Zoom.

I use Teams and Zoom in my company.

The setup of the solution is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zoom a seven out of ten.

TB
Public Sector Cloud Services Account Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
I'm pretty satisfied with the user interface

• "I've never had to use tech support for it. It just works."
  • "My company uses the Zoom security setting that requires the host to admit users. The host often forgets to do that, so you sometimes have a lot of people sitting out there. It would be nice if Zoom made it obvious that somebody is in the waiting room."

What is our primary use case?

Most of my organization uses Zoom. I'm in sales and everyone in this department uses it. Tech and sales use a combination of Zoom and Teams. Occasionally, we might use something like a Cisco WebEx when the customer requires it. For example, we deal with federal government clients and intelligence agencies, and they have strict requirements for communications security.

What is most valuable?

I'm pretty satisfied with Zoom's user interface.

What needs improvement?

My company uses the Zoom security setting that requires the host to admit users. The host often forgets to do that, so you sometimes have a lot of people sitting out there. It would be nice if Zoom made it obvious that somebody is in the waiting room. Also, Zoom could add the ability to have multiple users share screens.

I've been using Zoom for at least two years.

Zoom does seem to use a fair amount of resources on your system. If you have other apps open, the audio can get really choppy sometimes if you try to do something else, like send an email. I did not notice this until just recently, so I don't know if this is something Zoom changed or if my system needs to be updated.

I've never had to use tech support for it. It just works.

Before we started using Zoom, we were using WebEx. Quite honestly, I think the reason the company switched was purely political.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zoom nine out of 10.

PG
Principal Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
It's free, but it could be more reliable

• "The most valuable feature is that it's free."
  • "Zoom's audio quality could be improved. I feel like Teams is more reliable because sometimes the audio is patchy on Zoom, whereas I've never had a problem with Teams."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for virtual meetings. I have Zoom for personal use.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's free.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Zoom for two years.

Zoom doesn't seem very stable. I have experienced patchy audio quality during calls.

I only use Zoom for personal purposes.

I have never contacted technical support.

I also use Microsoft Teams for meetings because my company pays for the subscription. Teams is more reliable and stable than Zoom.

The installation just takes a few clicks and you're done. I have an IT background, but it doesn't make a difference. It's very easy.

I installed Zoom myself.

Zoom is free. If I had to pay for a subscription, I would just use Teams instead.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zoom an eight out of ten. If you're implementing it for personal use, then I recommend Zoom, but if you want to implement a solution for business purposes, I would go for Teams.

YaganadenNaicken
Senior Information Technology System Engineer at State Informatics Limited
Stable, good quality, and the remote desktop control feature is helpful

• "The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure."
  • "I would like to be able to have multiple users open and collaborate on a document at the same time."

What is our primary use case?

Some of our clients use Zoom for video conferencing, so we use it to have meetings with them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure. The remote features all us to do this.

The conference call meeting is a good feature.

I get quick access and the performance is good.

The quality is good and video meetings are very clear.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Zoom for two years.

Zoom is a stable solution, which is why we're using it.

This solution is scalable.

I would rate the technical support an eight or nine out of ten.

Most of the time, we use Microsoft Teams for our meetings. Our choice of video conferencing or virtual meeting software depends on what the client is using.

With some of the other products that we have used, we have experienced poor quality and lost connections. I don't think that it is related to our network because when I switch to Zoom, it works fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Zoom is a good product and I recommend that people use it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Zoom Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.