Zscaler Cloud Firewall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zscaler Cloud Firewall is #29 ranked solution in best firewalls. IT Central Station users give Zscaler Cloud Firewall an average rating of 8 out of 10. Zscaler Cloud Firewall is most commonly compared to Menlo Security Cloud Firewall:Zscaler Cloud Firewall vs Menlo Security Cloud Firewall. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Zscaler Cloud Firewall?

Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss.

Check more details: https://www.zscaler.com/produc...

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Buyer's Guide

Download the Zscaler Cloud Firewall Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Customers

Zenith Live, Azure, Carlsberg Group

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zscaler Cloud Firewall pricing:
  • "The licensing is on a yearly basis. It is somewhere around 30 or 40 pounds per user for our organization."
  • "There are licensing costs, and I would not say that it's a cheap vendor."

Zscaler Cloud Firewall Reviews

MK
Security Subject Matter Expert at Orange
Good sandboxing and URL filtering with capability to scale

• "The solution offers good sandboxing."
  • "The issue right now is probably that Zscaler is not providing web browser isolation. Another solution, Menlo, offers this. For one customer, we had to send traffic to Menlo to do the isolation for us. It was requested by the customer so that they could integrate any iframe. Zscaler needs to add this type of feature in their next release."

What is our primary use case?

We are establishing IT systems from the customers' routers to the nodes in Zscaler. Once we hand over the traffic to them, we wait for them to claim the full IP packet and we send the traffic back to them along with the destination. From our perspective, Zscaler is a security solution that is implemented in the cloud so it's a cloud supported service solution. We are not specifically working on a specific firewall.

What is most valuable?

The solution has this SSL feature which is quite interesting

URL filtering is quite good.

The solution offers good sandboxing.

What needs improvement?

We've had some concerns with Zscaler, but a new version is coming out that we hope will address them. This is scheduled to be released in March 2020. They've probably done some gap analysis and will be introducing more versatile features according to customer requests.

I've been using this solution for a year and a half.

The stability of the solution is good. Our customers have been quite happy with it.

You can scale the solution without any issue. It's very good.

We largely work with enterprise-level organizations.

I have the impression that technical support is good, but it's the customer that creates the tickets and has direct contact with them. I understand that the number of users is more than 10,000. That means Zscaler is providing a dedicated technical account manager who resolves all the outstanding queries and issues that arise on the network.

This is the first vendor we have used as far as cloud security is concerned.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't too complex.

Deployment times vary. It depends on the number of sites, for example. We have a separate team that works on the delivery part so I'm not able to discuss implementation on a micro-level.

However, deployment depends on the complexity of the solution, the number of sites and what the specific requirements of the customer are. It may take a day or two to fully implement, or three days, at a maximum.

From our perspective, we're selling three separate packages: Basic, Advanced and Premium.

Depending on the requirement of the customer, we offer the package that makes the most sense.

With Basic, we provide a very limited feature set. Advanced packages will probably provide some better and more advanced features. Premium will provide everything that Zscaler has to offer. That means URL filtering, sandboxing, endpoint mitigation, etc. I'm not sure of the exact costs from Zscaler's side.

The Zscaler pricing, in general, is okay. Once more vendors come into the picture, there will probably be more competition and they may have to reduce their costs. Still, as of right now, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Zscaler.

We have this production suite which we have customized with Zscaler and we are selling this solution to a lot of customers in which we provide sandboxing, URL filtering, testing, blacklisting, etc. We're not using the solution ourselves so much as selling it to our customers.

Zscaler has a good foothold in the market and any new competitor will have to be cognizant of the fact that they will have to be affordable and provide all of the features Zscaler has while being good at threat analysis and filtering.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it had web browser isolation I'd rate it higher.

Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Scalable, very easy to use, and offers a full suite of security features

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "The product could improve its integration with some legacy systems."

What is our primary use case?

The product is an easy solution to replace on-prem firewalls and VPNs and provide security for any device from anywhere - whether a user is at home or on a corporate network.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has been very useful as it enables us to work from any place as if we were connected to the corporate network. We don't have to be in the office to take advantage of its features.

What is most valuable?

The solution's overall simplicity is excellent. It's a great selling feature.

Users are offered protection from anywhere on any device, with a full set of security features including firewall, IPS, web security, CASB, and DLP. The solution is quite broad in its offering and covers a lot of ground security-wise.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Overall, the solution offers excellent stability.

Technical support has been very good.

We've found the scalability to be excellent.

What needs improvement?

The product could improve its integration with some legacy systems.

The solution could offer more simplicity on deployment so that it's not quite so complex sometimes.

The solution could benefit from more CASBs - cloud access security brokers.

I've been using the solution for ten or more years at this point. It's been a decade or more. I've used it for a while.

The solution is very, very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been very good overall. I find it reliable in terms of performance.

We have got 40,000 users on this platform. They are from various companies. Some are small, others are quite sizable. It's a solution that can work with a wide range of companies. The product, in general, has scaled well for companies. If an organization needs to expand it, it can do so.

Technical support is very good. We're quite satisfied with the level of service. They are knowledgeable and responsive.

We did use a different solution previously.

We switched as we had an appliance with end-of-life issues. We needed something that could work without the limitation of physical devices.

The initial setup is fairly easy. It's not overly complex, although the deployment itself can be.

The process requires some planning in advance to integrate with multiple systems, such as firewalls. If the advanced work is done, the rest of the process happens very quickly.

We are consultants. We use it, however, we also provide services. If a client needs help with the implementation we can assist.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Zscaler.

I'd recommend the solution to other solutions. I would suggest they try it. It's simple to use and the costs aren't so high.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Overall, we have been very happy with the product.

Learn what your peers think about Zscaler Cloud Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Carlos Snel
Director at Aquila ICT Solutions
Reseller
Configuration features and full integration make this extremely simple to use

• "Once you have Zscaler running you have access to configure it however you want."
  • "Because it's on cloud, it doesn't allow application of extra settings."

What is our primary use case?

My primary goal is to find the simple and easy cloud solutions that I am reselling. Zscaler is one of them because it provides something that is broader than only firewalling on cloud. There is a lot of work around it and it's all outsourced once it's in the cloud and protects from attacks. The great thing about it is that people get the most updated software and hardware security guarantee.

We deal with medium-sized enterprise companies. We're in Europe and I am the only unique Zscaler reseller for companies with less than 2000 users. They normally don't deal with companies smaller than that.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great features like configuration. It would be difficult to improve or simplify what Zscaler does. Once you have Zscaler running you have access to configure it however you want.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that might be improved would be to enable application of different settings. It's really the difference between having it on premises or on cloud. If you have a next gen firewall from Palo Alto which is the best on-premise solution, then you might be able to configure some things a little more. It's possible that with Zscaler, the customization of some options could be improved a little to match what is available on-premise but because it's on cloud, it doesn't allow application of extra settings.

I've been using the solution for about 18 months.

I haven't seen any stability issues and I've seen it running in large banks.

The scalability of the solution is good and fast to implement.

Technical support is generally fine although sometimes there are exceptions. But there's generally a quick response and they're cooperative.

Initial setup is very simple and then it's just a matter of IP addresses exchanged between Zscaler and the customer, and then configuration. Any extras require just ticking the box and it's done. Technically, setup can take five minutes, and up to a week dealing with individual customer requirements, IP addresses, etc. Most of our customers have their own IT people who implement. Maintenance is included with the product, it's all in the cloud server which is maintained 24/7.

Cost is about the same whether it's on-prem or on cloud. Initial cost is higher with an on-prem solution and with cloud there are additional fees for configuring extras.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend people figure out what they need and then check the market. Zscaler is  the Rolls Royce for this kind of solution. If you can afford to buy a Rolls Royce then you should take it even though it's one of the more expensive solutions. It's the best one with full integration and everything you would expect. If you're looking for a quick and cheap solution, that would be TitanHQ. It's a reasonable product but there is obviously a big difference between Zscaler and TitanHQ.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Paresh Makwana
Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Great security with stable function; advanced tech protection is winning feature

What is our primary use case?

This solution is in the cloud firewall where you just divert your router into the IP address and it goes to the Zscaler Cloud. Our current customer is a major financial institution and the solution is being used as general insurance for the company. Everyone is using the second generation VPN of Zscaler. There are 11 people in our company using the solution and our current customer has around 15,000 users, all using the product on a daily basis. We are customers and resellers of ZScaler and I'm a director of our company.

What is most valuable?

I like the advanced tech protection Cloud Sandbox, it's a nice feature. Then there's the DLP, Data Leak Prevention, and the Cloud Application Control which are also good features.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Currently, the Data Leak Prevention is only for web filtering and there is nothing for email and the USB, so it would be an improvement if that could be included.

I've been using this solution for over three years.

This is a stable product.

Our current customer has 10,000 users so the scalability is good.

Our technical support is mainly in-house. If we need second-level support we'll turn to Zscaler. The support from them is fast and smooth.

The initial setup is very straightforward, you need to put an agent into your machine and it goes directly to the cloud. If you have 500 users, setup can take about a week. For 10,000, it takes about a month. Generally, though, the setup will happen in one or two days and then it's just rolled out onto the machines. There are usually some technical errors here and there which can slow things down a little but otherwise it's easy implementation and not very time consuming. Our company does the implementation and we have support from Zscaler.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
MG
IT Security Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
A next-generation firewall that's easy to deploy and use, but it could be cheaper

• "I like the ease of deployment and its flexibility. We don't need to deal with license, quotes, procurement, delivery, and installation. Everything is software-based, and it's very easy to operate."
  • "It would be better if they improved their policy, package visibility, and flexibility while we're creating rules for inspection. It could also be cheaper or more things could be included in the basic package. In the next release, I would like better coverage in the Asia Pacific region and better quality of service."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zscaler Cloud Firewall to enable quick and secure internet access for branch offices, small offices, and retail stores. It's very convenient for deployment.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of deployment and its flexibility. We don't need to deal with license, quotes, procurement, delivery, and installation. Everything is software-based, and it's very easy to operate.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they improved their policy, package visibility, and flexibility while we're creating rules for inspection. It could also be cheaper or more things could be included in the basic package. In the next release, I would like better coverage in the Asia Pacific region and better quality of service.

I have been using Zscaler Cloud Firewall for about two years.

Zscaler Cloud Firewall is a stable solution.

Zscaler Cloud Firewall is a scalable solution. We currently have 12 to 15 people using this solution.

The initial setup is super easy.

I implemented this solution. There's nothing really outstanding, and it's very easy.

There are licensing costs, and I would not say that it's a cheap vendor.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I would recommend this product to new users. But I would say that they should carefully evaluate it with the business needs of a specific customer. However, in general, it's a leader in this area, and it's definitely worth their consideration.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Zscaler Cloud Firewall a seven.

Product Categories
Firewalls
Download our free Zscaler Cloud Firewall Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.