Zudy VINYL Overview
What is Zudy VINYL?
Zudy is a visionary enterprise application development company with a breakthrough low-code platform known as VINYL. VINYL’s patented technology-agnostic development environment turns mobile and web into one, enabling enterprises to build highly configurable applications in just days rather than months or years. Using VINYL, enterprises can dramatically increase the number of new applications they can build from an average of three per year to more than 50.
Zudy VINYL Buyer's Guide
Download the Zudy VINYL Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021
Zudy VINYL Customers
Brooks Brothers, Stericycle, DXL, Aetna, JCrew, Barstool Sports, iHeart Media, Cal-Maine Foods Inc, Collette Travel, Kraft Sports Group, Fresh Direct
Zudy VINYL Video
What users are saying about Zudy VINYL pricing:
- "The pricing and the licensing of Zudy are reasonable. Pricing is always a tricky thing. It could be a little simpler, but they're doing well. I'm happy with it."
- "We haven't really had any issues with pricing. Like with any good partnership, you're paying a fair and good price for a good product. That's where great partnerships are developed, when one side doesn't feel like they won in a deal; when both sides feel like they won. That's where we are with Zudy VINYL."
- "Pricing and licensing are on par with or better than what we were looking at and what we had. That was also one of the key factors for making the decision. We cut our costs in half by going over to the Zudy platform."
- "The pricing and licensing of Zudy are fair."
- "The value for us for VINYL is that we've got one fee that we're paying per year and we can deploy and build as many apps and bring in as many users as we need."
- "Our licensing costs are approximately 100K annually, and from my perspective, that really is quite the value with the flexibility and what we're getting from the product."
- "The licensing costs we pay are, I believe about 5,000 a month. That's every quarter. We've been doing it for about a year now, and the prices have remained steady. We feel it's a reasonable cost for what we're getting because it's unlimited users. So as big as you want to make it, you're not constrained by a per-user licensing cost or any of those other restrictions, so that's going to stifle your development."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Founder at Quote Kong LTD
This is the first time something has been able to pull off my dream, and have it up and running in a fraction of the time
What is our primary use case?We help residential general contractors take their quoting time from hours to just minutes. My use case for Zudy VINYL has been the full package for both my front-end, and my back-end systems. We're running all of our database information, all of our modeling, all of our calculations, as well as the front-end delivery for the customer, through Zudy .
Pros and Cons
- "When it comes to the speed of development of the applications with Zudy VINYL it has been the fastest and most powerful that I've been able to do. We've tried building things from scratch. It takes an enormous amount of time. We've cut that time by probably a fifth, with more power. I've been very happy with the speed of doing things in Zudy VINYL."
- "Eventually, a nicer way to create certain features, like the way that we create PDFs, would help. Sometimes the way that it resizes when I have multiple windows up, could also be better. It's minor stuff though. It's edge-case stuff."
What other advice do I have?The advice I'd give people who are looking to implement Zudy is, first of all, know what it is you're having to build. What is it you're really trying to accomplish? But outside of some very small applications or gaming things, if you're looking to build some sort of business-process-driven website, something that you need both to look pretty good on the front-end and where you need a lot of calculations and tables and you need to jump through some hoops, I can't imagine building it from scratch. I'd be happy to go with Zudy, again, by far. There really hasn't been anybody else I've been able…
Director of National Promotion at Entercom Communications
Improved our workflow and gives us the business intelligence we need to do small and large-scale modeling
What is our primary use case?We needed a custom solution for our events business. We had a bunch of software that we use for a variety of our financial planning and analysis tools. A lot of them, pieced together, were able to solve things for our business, but we needed a custom solution. After a national RFP that Zudy won, we were able to build a custom solution specifically for our events business.
Pros and Cons
- "Their integrations are terrific. We've had zero issues, a 100 percent success rate with integrations. In terms of Zudy's data source connectors and API integrations, we've been really pleased. We use some software that is very common in the media business, and then we also have some custom things that we built for a variety of different use cases within our company, and we've had zero integration issues, in terms of getting data into Zudy and getting data out of it. It's been great."
- "I don't have a lot of negative things to say about the platform. One of the things we joke about, because it is very minor in detail, is that as with any platform, when you're hosting a live webinar on a GoToMeeting or a Zoom, everything slows down a little bit. So when you're doing a live demo internally with folks, the platform can go a step slower. That's not necessarily just a Zudy thing."
What other advice do I have?Think long and hard about what you want and then be ready for them to come to the table with the solution, to get it to you. It will solve your challenges. You just have to put in the time on the front-end to build it. I fully believe that, based on what we've done together, it can do the same for other businesses too. I have looked into upgrading to VINYL 3.0. it is actually on the radar and will happen very soon. In terms of the updated UI and UX for Zudy VINYL, we've seen it and we're excited to integrate that in. It was our own issue and our own product launch deadlines that caused us to…
Learn what your peers think about Zudy VINYL. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
National Administrator at mPact Pro Client Management Systems
Real UserTop 5
Jan 18, 2021
Data integration streamlined things; items that were on other platforms are now automatically transferred in real time to our platform
What is our primary use case?What we do is provide client management systems assistance to HUD-approved, non-profit housing counseling agencies across the country. The use case for Zudy is that we have HUD-approved, non-profit housing counseling agencies that have to report the work that they do, to HUD, in specific formats. In other words, the services that an individual in a community comes to a HUD-approved, housing counseling agency for, are reported out to HUD on a quarterly basis. That's [includes] everything from someone who needs assistance with purchasing a home, to rental services, to seeking shelter, mortgage… more »
Pros and Cons
- "Zudy has increased development speed. What would take us months to be able to complete, we're getting done in a matter of weeks. I have a number of projects that we were working on that I thought that we'd [only] be able to get completed by next year. We've already completed them and we're still in the year 2020."
- "Upload time of documents that needed to be uploaded was a request that we were having an issue with. That issue got resolved in [near] real time, within probably 30 minutes."
What other advice do I have?My advice would be to do your research. Compare what development and the timeline looks like on the big players, the other platforms that are out there which are all great. And ask yourself if it's going to be comparable and can the Zudy platform actually speak to the same things that the big boys do. We've gotten no complaints about the functionality, given that it's a “no code” solution. We've gotten great feedback about how our new system looks and how much less stress [there has been] during our current environment—meaning everything that is going on with the pandemic and organizations…
Director of Application Development at Collette
Gives us a great breadth of data integration abilities through data source connectors and APIs
What is our primary use case?We have a ton of little applications that we run across the whole entire organization that help various departments get things done better. In some cases we might have been using things in spreadsheets or manually typing up emails, and we've been using a lot of VINYL applications to help eliminate those. We host it on-prem right now. It has the ability for us to access the databases that we need to access, so it has been a good solution for us on-prem.
Pros and Cons
- "The feature that I find most valuable with Zudy VINYL is how flexible it is. There are so many ways that you can connect data to it and there are so many features that are out-of-the-box that make the product very flexible and easy and easy to work with. It's got a great user interface which makes it a nice looking product that our employees are able to engage with quickly."
- "It might help if they put out different types that would provide different ways to view the data. I'd like to see more on that."
What other advice do I have?I would definitely recommend you check it out. It's been a game changer at Collette. It's been really great to work with, and we're very happy with it. The biggest lesson I've learned from using Zudy VINYL is that anything that you throw at it, anything that you dream up, they can probably work with it and get some kind of application going out there. They've got so many ties and tie-ins, so many different plugins, and a really knowledgeable technical support staff. To develop an application within Zudy, it's a pretty quick process. We usually tend to design what the data fields are going to…
Senior Director of IT at NXC Imaging
Rapid Application Development without having to worry about a per-user licencing fee
What is our primary use case?Our company works with medical devices. We sell and service imaging equipment to hospitals and clinics in the territories we serve. NXC's primary use case for Zudy VINYL was to provide a mobile field service management application that our current ERP provider could not provide to us.
Pros and Cons
- "VINYL has given us the ability to really improve the speed with which we deploy releases and respond to the good ideas that our people have."
- "The features that I'd like to see in VINYL next would be the ability to have more control over, or have a rule-based control over column headings and column labels."
What other advice do I have?If I knew of anybody that was out considering an investment in a low-code or a no-code development platform, I would encourage them to call me and let's have a conversation about how VINYL has changed my ability to lead at IT and it's changed NXC Imaging's ability to run their business. On a scale from one to ten, I think Zudy VINYL is a nine. It's not quite a ten because it doesn't do everything and it can't write itself, but we've been able to do more things in the last eleven months to make our company run better than previous organizations and teams and applications did in the previous…
Manager of Retail Technology at Brooks Brothers
Gives us the flexibility we need while standardizing and streamlining our processes
What is our primary use case?We actually have several significant use cases for VINYL. We replaced a few Legacy systems with Zudy and their platform, VINYL, and built from scratch a made to measure system for custom made garments designed in our stores and manufactured by our facilities. We built an alteration platform that allows us to have customers purchase garments off the rack and then record all of the alterations needed to get the perfect fit, and again, perform those duties elsewhere. Finally, we use VINYL to develop progressive apps by introducing new functions for our stores and giving them things that they… more »
Pros and Cons
- "VINYL has really helped us speed up application development at a reasonable cost."
What other advice do I have?From my perspective at Brooks Brothers, VINYL has had pretty much every function or feature that we've needed. I'm interested to see what they do manage to incorporate on top of that because I'm sure we'll find a use for it. The VINYL Solution has helped increase productivity at Brooks Brothers. We've been able to standardize our processes in the stores and in our factories with a made to measure solution and alterations. In doing so, we've allowed the business to not worry about those and to focus on growing sales. This solution has increased our rate of iterations for deploying new releases…
Director, Technology Management at PGT Trucking
Speedy app development, outstanding business logic and data access layers
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case involves transitioning work that has traditionally been done on spreadsheets. We've used VINYL to connect different systems — especially pulling data from multiple places. Our primary system, as well as just some worksheets that are out there, we were able to pull that all in and view statistics about different things from different places all in one nice view.
Pros and Cons
- "There are two most valuable features: one is the ability to pull data from a bunch of different places and put them together. And the second is the speed at which you can get a new app developed. So instead of waiting months for this new app to come out, if you have an internal team putting it together, you can roll it out in weeks. I've even seen days. It's incredible how fast you can make changes."
- "Some new features I think I'd like to see is visibility into running jobs so that we can see what the status is, or it's not stuck in its process and doing its thing, or how much longer it's going to take. I'd also like to see a native calendaring function so we can put calendars into our apps with maybe even recurring tasks or appointments and that sort of thing. We'd also like to see multi-select lists. The users being able to pick multiple things to filter on and get a list and be able to export that list."
What other advice do I have?VINYL has increased user satisfaction. We're bringing the users and getting them involved in the development process. We're making fewer mistakes in the process, and we're also getting them excited about it because they can see what's happening and they have their input. It's the features they want, not what IT thinks they want. They get more excited about it. Our iterations are faster. With VINYL you're talking days or weeks potentially. Another piece of advice I would give to a colleague researching for a software solution is, if you're looking for something that doesn't require a…
Programmer Analyst at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has replaced the paper trail with an electronic trail throughout with audits
What is our primary use case?We use it for progressive apps, especially when workflows of the past, again, paper trail, can be replaced with electronic, which is what mine has done.
Pros and Cons
- "It's made things seamless and it's more efficient, and there's an audit trail where it wasn't there before."
- "Right now it's very dependent on having an imagination to understand."
What other advice do I have?I guess I would say "be open to it." And, if you're a programmer, don't look at it with a programmer's mind. If you're a business person or business analyst, you're going to be able to understand how the tool works. Programmers, coders have a pre-set understanding of how to code, and this is not how to code. This is how to build an APP. So you have to go into it with an open mind. On a scale of one to ten, I'd probably rate it at an eight. It is a young product and still growing. I see it growing the right way. As long as they, the VINYL staff and developers, keep up with changes of the…
See 2 more Zudy VINYL Reviews
Product CategoriesNo-Code Development Platforms Rapid Application Development Software Low-Code Development Platforms
Download our free Zudy VINYL Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.