I'm looking into implementing QlikView and need to know if it meets my requirements.
My requirements are:
IT User Requirements
- Meta data - the setup should be easy and easy to maintain.
- Security - The security should link to Window's AD (Active Domain) and the security setting in BI tool should allow by individual, by group/function.
- Setting at BI tool to disallow query of all rows in the database (which will slow or hang the whole network)
- BI tool can only read, must not allow to edit/write/create any data.
End User Requirements
- Must be very easy to use and good performance - No scripting or sql is required for queries/generating reports by end user.
- Must able to query and generate report from DB (i.e. our databases which is MySQL) to Excel (Word, pdf and Powerpoint - optional).
- Must be able to save query result to Excel (Word, pdf and Powerpoint - optional).
- Must be able to query/report from different tables (IT terminology, i.e. able to have inner/outer joins) to Excel (Word, pdf and Powerpoint - optional).
- Able to create dashboards for standard/regularly use queries/reports.
- Able to drill-in/drill-out, dicing and slicing.
- Support real-time dashboards/reports
- Dashboards/reports able to be displayed on internet/intranet with real-time data or refresh at certain timing.
- Able to save the result of my queries for later use. E.g. Query further from the save result and other data source (tables, excel, word, pdf).
- End-user should be able to use the BI tool from their mobile devices.
Does QlikView support my requirements?