I am currently evaluating unified endpoint management solutions. Which is the best option available? Which would you recommend?
Thanks! I appreciate your help.
Refer my answers and do provide some more information.
1. MDM-Allow company user to securely connect corporate network resources
2. EMM- Secure mobile version to connect the corporate network and allow prevent data lose to secure the corporate information
3. UMM- Unified Mobile management allows us to bring together all the endpoint management under one umbrella (PC, desktop, Mobile deices, BOYD, and IoT). UMM is a single solution that is users centric, Secure, and cohesive for secure management of all the device and associated corporate information.
Point to consider for product selections are:
1. Size of organization and device count
2. Number of the application you want to integrate/endpoints
3. Lifecycle management requirements
4. Compliance requirement and scale of Automation expected
5. Operating systems and version (Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, and scalability
6. Your organization future direction (Cloud, SaaS or other)
7. Integration with 3rd party application i.e. BOX, Windows file share, Google Drive, One Drive, Sharepoint, Salesforce and other
8. Reports requirement
9. Automation (orchestration, Automation and AI)
Some rule of thumbs
Someone is using most of the Microsoft tools and products may choose Microsoft Endpoint management solution
Someone is using VMware products in their Datacenter may decide to go with Vmware products
A small organization can choose ManageEngine or other products
Any solution we design changes based on client pricepoint, security, and current/future landscape requirement. So there are no clear answers to the requirement.