Over 3 years ago
Answered a question Help! Need an opensource backup solution to work with OVM, Linux, Windows, Sql server, Exchange, Sharepoint. Plus bare metal recovery.
I think Bacula.
Over 3 years ago
Backup and Recovery Software
More than 10 years of experience in IT, working in various multinational companies and accounts, of which I can highlight FIAT, IBM, HCL, Arcelor Mittal, Veritas Technologies LLC and 8 years as storage specialist in Tivoli Storage Manager and other tools like NetBackup, Backup Exec, HP Data Protector, ARCserve Backup, IBM and DELL tape libraries and related storage hardware. Technical specialist who can support multiple platforms and applications. Self-motivated with a high degree of attention to detail, a good team player committed to results with sound leadership qualities.
• Professional with certification "IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3";
• Knowledge and experience in tape libraries IBM TS3310, TS3500, TS3200, TS3583, TS3581, TS3600, TS3100 DELL PV132T, ML6000 and QUANTUM SL8500;
• Knowledge in Virtual Tape Library. Define virtual drives, storage disk and allocate to different TSM instances;
• Knowledge and experience in SQL queries to configure report for missed backups, drives failure, db alerts and storage pool and migration termination due to any reason and so on;
• Knowledge in NDMP operation to backup and restore NAS filer through Tivoli Storage Manager with different retention policy period;
• Knowledge and experience in IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux and MS Windows servers, troubleshooting all related TSM issues;
• Working Knowledge and experience in API, TDP for Oracle, db2, MS SQL, TDP for Exchange, TDP for Domino;
• Enhanced TSM Administration task, such as balancing Policy domain, management class, storage pools, mount points, migration, reclamations and expiration;
• Knowledge and experience in TSM client migration of UNIX, Oracle, UDB and Wintel client and also scheduled backup jobs through TSM, remove expired client and deleting file space from tape;
• Knowledge and experience in working on TSM and library plan maintenance outage;
• Knowledge and experience in Disaster Recovery setup and pre activity work to make successful disaster recovery test;