Over 5 years ago
20+ years experience in a wide range of environments: I've worked in organizations large and small, for-profit and non-profit. I've worked the phones in a call center and handled escalations; I have managed teams and contributed as a member, and like many IT professionals I have pulled all-nighters on a project or three. Healthcare, broadcast media and manufacturing are but a few of the industries I have been exposed to.
My mantra as an IT professional is simple: if I am doing my job right, you won't see me, because everything is working. Therefore, it's personal to me when there is downtime, no matter who or what is experiencing it.
Areas of expertise include:
• Windows Server and Desktop (all versions)
• Directory Services: DFS Replication, DNS/DHCP, Group Policy and more
• High-availability clustering and datacenter techniques
• Virtualization: VMWare ESX, Hyper-V, XenServer
• Backup, Redundancy, and Disaster Recovery
• iSCSI and SMB SAN design, implementation, and aministration
• Dell and HP server hardware
• Network configuration, routing/switching, LAN/WLAN, VPN and hardware
• Microsoft Exchange
• Microsoft Systems Center
• Mobile/endpoint devices running iOS, Windows Phone and Android
• Application/deskside support
• Storage management
I am an active community member at Spiceworks and love to share experiences and knowledge. We may work for different employers, but experiences and knowledge transcend payroll... so let's network. Please introduce yourself!