Principal Database Administrator with more than 20 years of experience as a Developer, Unix Administrator, Oracle Certified Professional DBA, Data Architect and Data Analyst.
Hands-on experience in all major databases including Oracle, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, SQL Server, Informix and MySQL for their availability, redundancy, consistency and performance with mission critical systems. Certified Oracle Professional.
Strong attention to detail with a reputation for following through on commitments and meeting deadlines. Seasoned team-leader with strong inter-personal skills practised over many years of experience working in large systems & database administration teams. Nurtured a culture of technical knowledge & experience share as lead technical DBA in a team of DBA professionals.
As a Principle Database Administrator in AEMO:
- Built and maintained the backup architecture of National Electricity Market (NEM) databases using Oracle RMAN
- Developed a monitoring system with dash board to analyse the health and availability for all databases across the Electricity, Gas and Wind markets
- Consolidated legacy retail meter data from various streams including tape backups, flat files in unstructured format into a single database that allowed for strategic business analysis and market forecasting
- Introduced R platform for data analytics to the Market Operations and Performance Team
- Developed framework for automation of Total Annual Retailer Charges (TARC) reports for the Electricity, Gas and Wind markets
- As a Data Scientist, developed regression analysis procedures using R platform to analyse large volumes of data efficiently which enhanced productivity of the data analytics group