Define and plan the role of Configuration Manager and a centralized CMDB for a large Global Fortune 500 IT-Service Delivery and Cloud Solution company.
Tasks within the project was:
Write a Service Asset and Configuration Management Plan (SACM)
- Create a baseline to use as measurement
- Define a new list of CI´s with all the attributes.
- Plan and implement the way to fetch or export data from several different management systems.
- Plan and implement the way to populate the data in to the CMDB.
- Define the process changes and workflows needed to execute the SACM.
- Create a list of Business and User cases to use in the implementation.
- Create a RACI to define the ownership's and responsibility's of assets and CI´s.
A best practice of Configuration Management and CMDB was also made to accommodate the customers clients.
Have the stakeholder/s better communicate whats happening to the organisation.
I am now implementing the SACM as Configuration Manager so the customer and i think it went very well.