Tasked with updating and replacing IDF's in the Industrial environment. Outgrew wall mounted cabinets and needed to swap them out for floor mounted 72" NEMA racks.
- Had to map out each cable in use and label all active ones for connection to the new rack.
- Tested each cable (Over 200+) for each location and labeled them accordingly with VLAN and port on existing switch.
- Removed all cabling from current racks while de-tangling and separating active to unused cabling.
- Swapped out the old wall mount cabinets to full size racks and remounted all switches and fiber bulkheads.
- Rolled back unused cabling into rafters and installed all the active cabling into the new IDF.
- Configured all ports to match VLAN of each active cable.
- Verified count of active before and after project.
Get the funding to remove all the old cabling back to the end user location.