Disclosure: My company is a VMware reseller.
What I have found is as follows:
- Easier to setup, established product, works with most OSs
- Is owned by EMC (1 storage vendor) and has plenty of development resources
The best product for critical server virtual infrastructure.
Great product for critical production server virtual infrastructure. No any "gamers" in this area. Latest product can help more than previous. VMware Replication, vSphere Data Protection based on AVAMAR technology, new vCPU architecture and more new features says us that it is the one...
It is one easy to install and manage vitualization technique. Its pretty fast also, compared to some other vitualization techniques. And that is because its has a very small amout of resource overhead. It lacks the server console which decreases its booting time.
ESXi has one major benefit that outweighs the others; IT'S FREE!
Yes, it has plenty of other benefits, like running a wide variety of different virtual operating systems in virtual machines (it supports every platform but OS X, and that can technically still be "hacked" onto it...
Vmware ESXi - innovation, changing the old traditional ways
1) Easier way of segmenting the resources.
2) Host profiles - Template to build hosts in minutes.
3) Performance and Graphs - Easy to monitor the hosts
4) Vmotion - In essence, this technique helps you to move a live server between hosts without any downtime.
5) Robust Management Tools
It was in March 2010, when I first experienced VMware Workstation when my superior asked me to setup a LAMP server in my desktop computer. At first I was hesitant but I started to love it because of the following reasons:
• It is very easy to use and no complications in installation
• It runs...
With respect to some of the cons, Proxmox VE performs well enough with Windows if you use KVM's virtio devices in lieu of emulated hardware. However, the freely available virtio drivers are not WHQL-certified, which produces annoying error messages when you attempt to load them.
Simple install open source, but poor support for USB and OSx
· Bear metal simple install
· Runs on many different form factors- requires minimal
hardware but take advantage of super-computer. From a tiny media servers to huge enterprise machines.
· No CPU or memory restrictions
· Many media options – local, iscsi, NFS,...
Our current virtualization standar platform, but Hyper-V 2012 version functionality appears to gain on VMware vSphere
Key business drivers and benefits for us:
• Co-location data centers environmental costs are greatly reduced (rack space, power, cooling).
• Allows better utilization and flexibility to segment physical resources (vCPU & vMemory)
• Consolidate / centralize management of all Windows and Linux...
Ease of use, functionality, established product, works very...
Disclosure: My company is a VMware reseller.
Ease of use, functionality, established product, works very will with almost any prime time OS, very thought-out application, works with the developer community to improve, has deep pocket organization like EMC to help propel them into the future
VMware's vSphere is THE industry leading virtualization platform - today
- Increase the flexibility and agility of the infrastructure to move at the speed of business by decoupling the server from the hardware
- Server consolidation has driven the virtualization industry shift, and vSphere leads the charge.
- Virtualization overhead is the smallest of any hypervisor...
An excellent product with proven track record. Plan properly the deployment and use as this products is expensive.
VMware vSphere is a proven product with an established track record. We bought it as part of our server system upgrade project to accommodate our new student management system from Oracle. At first, we had a taste of vSphere as part of a demonstration system. We got to play around with it and...
* User friendly and not complex.
* Easy to deploy, manage and troubleshoot.
* Scalability and stability.
* Highly recommended for mission critical applications and databases.
* Aggressive in educating their clients.* User friendly and not complex.
* Easy to deploy, manage and troubleshoot...
Despite its minor issues, it's still the choice of most of the System Admins.
It is os-independent having a very thin architecture with which it can offer unparalleled security and reliability. Unlike most other hypervisors in the market, this don't need a general purpose operating system clearing the hazards of processor overhead, Antivirus and other OS processor...
• The ROI on Hyper-V is enormous. It is cheaper than any other enterprises visualization tool.
• Hyper-V Replica can replace SAN, especially where SAN might be overloaded.
• It is dynamic and scalable.
An easy and scalable solution for your enterprise virtualization needs
Pros of Hyper-V are-
1) Dynamic memory allocation for the virtual machines by efficient usage real time memory distribution architecture
2) More number of virtual machines per Hyper-V host through VDI technology
3) One of the best features in Hyper V is of live migration of running virtual...
The best hypervisor in the market!
From Server 2008 to Server 2012 Hyper-v technology has evolved rapidly.
As more organisations are using virtualisation, key features like VM replication, Virtual SAN Manager and Live migrations - enable organisations to design fail over and backup solutions...
Hyper-V is a solution for virtual machines with better scalability, better dynamic memory management, and excellent virtual storage management.
The proven technological prowess of Microsoft has produced yet another wonder for virtual machines - Hyper-V. The Windows Server 2008 R2 Hypervisor, is indeed a step towards the virtual world. Gone are those days where you start to scratch your head for low disk space and complicated hardware and...
Support for up to 4TB physical memory, up to 320 Logical Processors, up to 64 nodes cluster which can support 8000 VM's
Supports many types of migration scenarios such as live migration, live storage migration limited by only hardware capability....
Hyper-V definitely has its pro's, some of which are painfully apparent.
- The first one is that it is a Microsoft product, which is baked into its Server 2008 and 2008 R2 platforms. You also have the option of a Hyper-V server core, which is only the Hypervisor (this allows for more...
Formerly the Leading First Generation, Free of Charge Virtualization Server of VMware
• VMware server is a free hosted virtualization server which runs on top of various operating systems such as Linux, Solaris, Windows and Netware
• It separates single physical server into various virtual machines which can be deployed many times
• The installation of the server no longer...
XenServer revolutionized my enterprise to where there is no downtime. Sometimes specific configurations can be difficult.
XenServer is my favorite virtualization product. After previewing Vmware, Xen, and Hyper-V, I found this to be the easiest. You don't have to know linux to use. I like that XenServer can import virtual machines from any of the other hypervisors. I use scheduled snapshots and archiving, to...
Awesome Virtualization Software developed by Sun Microsystems
OracleVM is an excellent alternative to Virtual PC and other client-side virtualization tools.
It's mostly open source, and supplies the ability to run virtualized OS's from a lightweight and incredibly user friendly environment.
It provides comparable features to other solutions...
RHEV Hypervisor is the best Virtualization product
RHEV costs are very low compared to other Virtualization products. RHEV hypervisor supports up to 160 cores and up to 2 TB of RAM on a host machine. Performance and security are key advantages of RHEV. One of the new features are transparent huge pages, where kernel dynamically creates large memory...
Old, almost dead, but still great software to play with, but not for your production environment
Unlike VMware workstation where we have to log in to desktop to run VM(s), with VMware Server we can run VM on the background. It also have a web based management interface so you don't have to install a software on your desktop to manage VMware server. It’s still quite useful virtualization...
XenServer Free Virtualization Platform is one of the most full-featured free hypervisors available.
XenServer Free Virtualization Platform is one of the most full-featured free systems available. It's main advantage over the free VMware ESXi hypervisor is that the management applications is Windows-based and free for download. This for me is the main reason why we have adopted it and in...
Oracle VM Server for x86 is an enterprise-proven, server virtualization solution for both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads, that makes enterprise applications easier to deploy, manage, and support.
•It provides enhancements for network and storage configuration, policy-based management for delivering application resource flexibility, and a GUI.
•Distributed Resource Scheduling for capacity management, providing real time monitoring enabling re-balancing of a server pool.
Full virtualization solution that you can start with almost zero cost
XenServer have four different editions: Free, Advanced, Enterprise, Platinum. You can ask for free license at no cost but you have to renew it each year. The free edition lacks some features that are only available on the other three editions. We can easily access XenServer from XenCenter; we can...
Oracle VM is an extremely feature rich, high performance product, which provides an environment to leverage the benefits of virtualization technology.
1) It allows deploying operating systems and the application software’s within supported platforms and environments.
2) It includes VM Server which is designed to provide a secure, lightweight, server based platform to run and execute virtual machines. And also includes VM Manager which manages...
VMware Server is the best available virtualization solution with live migration, high availability, and dynamic resources
Pros on the VMware Server are-
1) Centralized management and configuration
2) Remote management and headless operation available
3) VMotion feature helps in real time movement of virtual machines from one server to the other
4) Automated scanning and patching of hosts
5) VSphere DRS for...
Xenserver - Opensource virtualization platform, definitely worth testing and exploring!
The free software includes the advanced features, like migration of virtual machines from one host to another without interrupting the services, and active directory integration.
Xen hypervisor is open source.
Xen hypervisor is installed on bare metal and provides high performance.
Highly recommended virtualization software to manage virtual guests
Xen is an open source virtualization server widely used in IT. It provides simple and robust commands to manage Xen environment for managing virtual hosts.Backup and recovery of virtual hosts are simple. It can be managed remotely with XenCenter. It supports all client OS like windows, linux etc.
Oracle VM is open source so it is free and readily available for downloading.
It saves a lot of money instead of purchasing multiple servers, and can allow you to load more than one operating system at a time.
Use of Oracle VM and installation is quite simple.
It has high security and works well...
Excellent tool for its time, but there are better solutions now.
VMWare server is an excellent virtualzation tool for the workstation. It could be used as a limited functionality version of VMWare Workstation or as a host for your virtual machines, with all of the bells and whistles that came with Workstation, such as:
- Centralized Management of Virtual...
VMware Server: Still one of the best virtualization tool
VMware Server is a free, easy-to-use Windows and Linux application that provides a superior introductory experience to server virtualization for businesses to optimize utilization of their technology assets.
Below mentioned standout features explains why VMware is so popular among all...
Highly recommended for virtualization, as it deals effectively with data backup, data recovery, and data storage.
• Simple and highly optimized performance
• Distinctive storage integration characteristic, through which the administrator directly leverages characteristics of industry’s most important arrays.
• XenServer backup and recovery pursues an agent based strategy. Using this, the client can gain an...
Oracle VM is a solution for virtual servers and machines. This software is freely available in the market.
Oracle VM Virtual Box is an open source virtualisation software which is recommended wherever budget is a issue. The software is worth using. You can virtually run different OS on a physical platform. You can run Linux on a windows system virtually or otherwise. There is an easy set up procedure...
One of the best open source virtualization techniques with enhanced security, performance, and cost advantage
Few pros of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are-
1) Kernel based virtual machine(KVM) virtualization technology
2) Good application compatibility and interface
3) Memory page sharing
4) NIC bonding
5) Multipath I/O
6) Efficient guest consolidation, live migration and HA
VMware contributes a lot to virtualization with its better security and load management techniques.
• VMware Server is problem solving and cost saving.
• No need to buy hardware for every server required, just purchase one server and run multiple virtual machines on that single hardware.
• Offers testing solutions, provisioning solutions, and makes testing and rolling out installation easier...