If you sign up for additional features and services that are governed by additional terms and conditions, we will inform you accordingly when you sign up for these additional features and services. Unless otherwise provided by the additional terms and conditions, they are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
Please read this Agreement carefully before using the Services or parts thereof. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you (the individual using the Services, and the company (if any) for which they are used) and IT Central Station.
1. Eligibility. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are eighteen (18) years of age or older upon registration; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation, or any other obligation (including contractual obligation) you might have towards third parties. Any Account you have created by registering on the Site may be deleted without warning if we believe that any representation and warranty you make hereunder is breached or inaccurate.
2. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password for your Account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the Account or password of another Member at any time. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your Account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account.
3. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you are using the Services, whether you are a Visitor or a Member. You may delete your Account at any time, for any or no reason, by sending your request to info@ITCentralStation.com; please note that even if you delete your Account but continue to use the Services as a Visitor, your use of the Services is still subject to this Agreement. Unless IT Central Station has terminated your Account, you can start a new membership by registering and providing a new Salary, Company Review, or Interview Review. We may terminate your membership for any or no reason at any time by ceasing to provide the Services to you. You understand that termination of this Agreement and the Account you have created with us may involve deletion of your Account information from our live databases. We will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your Account or related deletion of your information.
1. Your Grant of License to Us. We do not claim ownership in any Content that you upload, provide, make available, or otherwise transfer (“post”) on the Services, but to be able to legally provide our Users with the Services, we have to have certain rights to use such Content in connection with the Services, as set forth below. In return, we also grant you certain use rights as set forth in Section 2.2 to the Content that we (or our licensors) own and use to provide the Services to you and other Users. By posting any Content on the Services, you hereby grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content in any and all media (now known or later developed) throughout the world. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you post through the Services. You should only post Content to the Services that you are comfortable sharing with others under the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Third Party Content. The Services contain Content provided by us and our licensors (“IT Central Station Content”). We and our licensors (including other Users) own and retain all proprietary rights in the IT Central Station Content and we own and retain all proprietary rights in the Services. Provided you are a User, and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license under the intellectual property rights licensable by us to download, view, copy and print IT Central Station Content from the Services solely for your personal use in connection with using the Services.
1. Services – Ownership and Restrictions. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights in the Services (excluding any Content provided by Users) are owned by IT Central Station, or IT Central Station's licensors. You agree not to (a) reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, publicly perform or display, sell, or create derivative works based on the Services or the IT Central Station Content, and (b) rent, lease, loan, or sell access to the Services. “Content” means any work of authorship or information, including Product Reviews, Vendor Reviews, product category taxonomy, comments, opinions, postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, e-mail, or other materials.
2. IT Central Station Content. Content from other Users, vendors, and other third parties is made available to you through the Services. Because we do not control such Content, (a) you agree that we are not responsible for any such Content, including advertising and information about third party products or service, employer, interview and salary-related information provided by other Members through Product Reviews, Vendor Reviews, and Forums and (b) we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in such Content, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful Content made available by other Users, advertisers, and third parties.
3. Responsibility. Your interactions with other Users on the Services or with advertisers, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the other User or advertiser. You agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or with respect to any other User's use or disclosure of information about you that you have provided to publicly available sections of the Services. If there is a dispute between you and any third party (including any User), we are under no obligation to become involved; however, we reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
4. IT Central Station Member Interaction. You will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of communications which a Member may send to other Members and the sharing of any Content in any period to a number and amount which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
1. Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not post any Prohibited Content or use any Prohibited Content in connection with the Services. “Prohibited Content” is Content that: (i) is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; (ii) bullies, harasses or advocates stalking, bullying, or harassment of another person; (iii) involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, or “spamming,”; (iv) is false or misleading or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (v) promotes, copies, performs or distributes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's work that is protected by copyright or trade secret law, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music, videos, or movies, or links to such pirated music, videos, or movies; (vi) is involved in the exploitation of persons under the age of eighteen (18) in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under eighteen (18); (vii) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses and other harmful code; (viii) solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; (ix) except as expressly approved by us, involves commercial activities and/or promotions such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; (x) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or similar software; (xi) posts or distributes information which would violate any confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual restrictions or rights of any third party, including any current or former employers or potential employers; or (xii) otherwise violates the terms of this Agreement or creates liability for us.
2. Representations Regarding Your Content. You represent and warrant that: (a) you own the Content posted by you on the Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Agreement, (b) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other rights of any person, (c) by providing or posting your Content, you do not violate any confidentiality, non-disclosure, or contractual obligations you might have towards a third party, including your current or former employer or any potential employer, (d) any information you provide in a Product Review and Vendor Review is correct, and (e) any information you provide about your current, past or potential status as an employee of a certain employer is correct and complete. Please make sure that you only provide information to the Services that you are allowed to provide without violating any obligations you might have towards a third party, including any confidentiality, non-disclosure or contractual obligations. Please do not provide any information that you are not allowed to share with others, including by contract or law; please note that any information youprovide will be accessible by every User of the Services.
4. Lawful Use. You will use the Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations and solely for lawful purposes. The Services are for the personal use of Users only. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from your Content without notice and may result in suspension or termination of your Account.
5. No Disruption. You will not: (i) cover or obscure any banner advertisements on the Services, or any IT Central Station page via HTML/CSS, scripting, or any other means, (ii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services; (iii) introduce software or automated agents to the Services, or access the Service so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated messages, or to strip or mine data from the Services; or (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or modify any data or functionality of the Services.
6. Miscellaneous. You will not attempt to impersonate another User or person, including any of our employees. You will use the Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
IT Central Station
Attn: Copyright Agent
244 5th Avenue, Suite R-230
New York, N.Y. 10001
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS AVAILABLE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you and you may also have other legal rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
1. Amendments. This Agreement may be modified by us from time to time. If we make material changes to the Agreement, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to your e-mail address, as specified in your Account. You agree that such amended Agreement will be effective immediately after being sent to you, and your continued use of the Services after that time shall constitute your acceptance of the amended Agreement.
2. Force Majeure. Any delay in the performance of any duties or obligations of either party will not be considered a breach of this Agreement if such delay is caused by a labor dispute, shortage of materials, fire, earthquake, flood, war, terrorism, governmental act, failures of common carriers (including Internet service providers), acts of God, or any other event beyond the control of such party, provided that such party uses reasonable efforts, under the circumstances, to notify the other party of the circumstances causing the delay and to resume performance as soon as possible.
3. Release. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release us, our officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) any interactions with other Users, or (ii) your participation in any of our offline events. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights, whether known or unknown, under California Civil Code § 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." Residents of other states and nations similarly waive their rights under applicable and/or analogous laws, statutes, or regulations.
4. Survival. The provisions under Sections 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason.
5. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services and arising from your breach of any provision of this Agreement.
6. Governing Law and Arbitration. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Israel without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Israel. Any claim or dispute in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The alternative dispute resolution provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect our intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
7. Other. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect; as used in the Agreement, the word “including” means “including but not limited to”. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement by e-mailing us at: info@ITCentralStation.com
8. Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2013, IT Central Station Ltd. All rights reserved. IT Central Station™ is a trademark of IT Central Station Ltd. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Mark.