Information technology consultant with versatile experience in software development and testing, as a lead for automation, performance & security engineering projects. Have been involved in software testing with emphasis on white box testing, API, security and performance test automation. Supporting clients using my existing/acquired skill set to enhance the test experience, I also have good knowledge of the SDLC and software test process requirements.
Having mostly worked with product development companies for the past years, has provided a good grounding on processes using methodologies of Agile, Sequential (Waterfall, V-Model), Iterative and RAD testing, including the evaluation of test methodologies, process development, testing cutting-edge technology environments, design & implementation of large environments using a limited set of resources. Career spans various functional areas of Banking, Telecom, Utilities, Government, Security, and Advertising domains. Thus, possess a good understanding of technology, business and operational risk issues within large and diverse IT environments.
Have been involved in technically leading a team composed of various levels of engineers, in varied roles. Using commercial and open source tools - TOSCA, WinRunner, LoadRunner, QTP, SilkTest, AutoIt, PXE, Test Complete, Selenium.
• Created a test harness using PXE, Rational Robot and AutoIt to automate testing of security software on multiple platforms and configurations.
• Awarded “U Rock” award for excellence in Quality Assurance Practices at Yahoo!
• Software Configuration Management (SCM) setup created using CVS and bug tracking system developed using PHP and MySQL.
• Enhanced existing test automation system to work on new features added to the product line, along with cloud computing and Map-Reduce algorithms for the data.
• Successfully migrated test scripts from data driven tests to QTP hybrid keyword driven tests.