We asked business professionals to review the solutions they use. Here are some excerpts of what they said:
"Recently, they have simplified the licensing"
Earn 20 points
Amazon Cognito is a simple user identity and data synchronization service that helps you securely manage and synchronize app data for your users across their mobile devices. You can create unique identities for your users through a number of public login providers (Amazon, Facebook, and Google) and also support unauthenticated guests. You can save app data locally on users’ devices allowing your applications to work even when the devices are offline. With Amazon Cognito, you can save any kind of data in the AWS Cloud, such as app preferences or game state, without writing any backend code or managing any infrastructure. This means you can focus on creating great app experiences instead of having to worry about building and managing a backend solution to handle identity management, network state, storage, and sync.
F5® BIG-IP® Access Policy Manager® (APM) is an access management proxy solution for managing global access to the enterprise networks, cloud providers, applications, and application programming interfaces (APIs). Through a single management interface, BIG-IP APM consolidates remote, mobile, network, virtual, and web access. BIG-IP APM can also serve as a bridge between modern and classic authentication and authorization protocols and methods. For applications which are unable to support modern authentication and authorization protocols, like SAML and OAuth with OIDC, but which do support classic authentication methods, BIG-IP APM converts user credentials to the appropriate authentication standard supported by the application.
Key features of BIG-IP APM are (but not limited to):
• Support for Identity Aware Proxy (IAP) enabling Zero Trust application access
• Context-based authorization with dynamic L4/L7 ACLs
• Integration with third-party MFA solutions
• DTLS 2.0 mode for delivering and securing applications
• SAML 2.0 identity federation support
• Support for OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol
• SSO support for classic authentication (Kerberos, header- based, etc.), credential caching, OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, and FIDO2 (U2F)
• AAA server authentication and high-availability
• Integration with leading IAM vendor products (Microsoft, Okta, Ping Identity)
• BIG IP Edge Client and F5 Access integrate with VMware Horizon ONE (AirWatch), Microsoft Intune and IBM MaaS360
• Risk-based access leveraging third-party UEBA and risk engines (HTTP Connector)
Amazon Cognito is ranked 18th in Access Management while F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is ranked 11th in Access Management with 3 reviews. Amazon Cognito is rated 0.0, while F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is rated 8.6. On the other hand, the top reviewer of F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) writes "A robust platform that enables our clients to do almost anything". Amazon Cognito is most compared with Auth0, Okta Workforce Identity, WSO2 Identity Server, Cloudflare Access and Akamai Enterprise Application Access, whereas F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is most compared with IBM Security Access Manager, CyberArk Privileged Access Manager, ForgeRock, Azure Active Directory and Auth0.
See our list of best Access Management vendors.
We monitor all Access Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.