BMC Helix Cloud Security Scalability

VinnieLima
Managing Director at VVL Systems
It improves our organization with the facilitation to scale at the size that we are. We are a small business and efficient in what we do. However, the business model throws bodies at solving automatable challenges is not cost-effective. If our organization has the ability to deliver leading edge services at scale for large Fortune 500 companies without having to scale monumentally or exponentially, it decreases the number of resources needed on my side. Now, I can have senior engineers or junior engineers drive some very complex use cases for customers without having to scale at a monumental cost. Theoretically, there's no limits to its scalability. It's all based on cloud resources. So, BMC Helix runs on the cloud, either the BMC cloud, AWS, or Azure. Effectively, because of the architecture which is microservice-based, the scale is something that we have not run across. We have not run across a limitation. We've had BMC Helix interacting with thousands of assets and hundreds of accounts in the cloud. We haven't run into a scale issue yet, as the architecture is built for scale based on microservices. Our small business is between 10 to 15 people. Right now, we have about 80 percent of our staff who are technical and the other 20 percent are management or customer success engagement. Our staff uses it for reporting and management of our cloud accounts that we are continually manage as a part of our own infrastructure, or if it's a part of a managed service for a client or consulting engagement. Then, they may use it when involved with a client, but not everybody is using it day-to-day. It's not for daily operation. Based on our business model, it's either for managing the effectiveness of our own services that we run and maintain as well as delivering services for clients. View full review »
Prerna Kapoor
Governance Test and Compliance Officer at Thales
In terms of scalability, it is easy to scale and expand this product. We have around 35 worker nodes using it, which include mostly IT admins, team managers, and security admins mostly. View full review »
Learn what your peers think about BMC Helix Cloud Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
419,214 professionals have used our research since 2012.