BartHeungens
Hybrid Infrastructure Solution Architect at Bitcon
Clear procedures, easy to install, good support, scalable, and well-integrated

• "I want an additional copy of my data in the Office cloud and it works."
  • "When you are working in the Cloud security is very important."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our mailboxes, our data, and Office 365.

We use it in our office as well as for our customers who have Office 365.

I use it in a multi-tenant way.

What is most valuable?

It does what it does. I want an additional copy of my data in the Office cloud and it works. I can restore the data.

The interface is quite okay and the procedures are clear.

There are many applications in Office 365 and new applications are being added. They keep up with all of the data.

What needs improvement?

Security is the most important feature. When you are working in the Cloud security is very important.

They may have made changes recently, and may already have the two-factor integration, and following the security upgrades from Office themselves.

I have been using Veeam Backup for Office 365 for approximately two years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with stability.

It is very scalable.

While I still have customers who are using Office 365, I will continue to use this solution to protect their data.

I am very happy with Veeam's support. They are good and very responsive.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's is very easy to install.

It can be deployed in less than an hour.

I completed the installation and deployment myself.

I have a per-user license for the number of users and the mailboxes that I have.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I recommend using Veeam Backup for Office 365.

They are adding SharePoint and OneDrive as well as other integrations.

I would rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 a nine out of ten.

KB
Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
It has got all the features and is very stable and scalable

• "It has got all the features. You can restore a mailbox based on an email or a calendar or based on all the emails. A user can also get access to restore the mailbox."
  • "They can provide a dashboard for sizing. This feature might get included in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to back up our users' mailboxes, that is, Office 365 mailboxes.

What is most valuable?

It has got all the features. You can restore a mailbox based on an email or a calendar or based on all the emails. A user can also get access to restore the mailbox.

What needs improvement?

They can provide a dashboard for sizing. This feature might get included in the next release.

I have been using Veeam Backup for Office 365 for the last two to three years.

It is very stable.

It is easily scalable. We just need to add the licenses. We have around 50 users who use it on a daily basis.

We get support from the vendor. We didn't face many issues to evaluate them. Whenever we contacted them, the issue was fixed immediately.

The initial setup is pretty simple and very straightforward. We finished the deployment within one or two days.

We did the implementation. We had received the training for this solution. Its maintenance is also done by us. We also get support from the vendor.

We looked at a few cloud options. When we did the comparison, we found it to be a cost-effective solution, and it included everything.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is working fine, and there are no issues. We are happy with its features.

I would rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup for Office 365. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Darshil Sanghvi
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Useful email restore feature, stable, but integration with other email provider needed

• "One of the valuable features is the ability to restore a specific email. For example, if a user has deleted an email and they would like that particular email back we are able to restore it."
  • "We have found that there is a limitation in this solution where it only takes the backup of users who are using Office 365 Enterprise email IDs. We have many users in management and approximately 50 other users who are using Office 365 of which Veeam is able to capture the backup. However, for the other users who are on the local email server at that time, the solution is not able to capture the backup."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to backup our database of Office 365 users' information.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features is the ability to restore a specific email. For example, if a user has deleted an email and they would like that particular email back we are able to restore it.

What needs improvement?

We have found that there is a limitation in this solution where it only takes the backup of users who are using Office 365 Enterprise email IDs. We have many users in management and approximately 50 other users who are using Office 365 of which Veeam is able to capture the backup. However, for the other users who are on the local email server at that time, the solution is not able to capture the backup.

In an upcoming release, there should be backup support for other email providers, such as Gmail.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable, we have had no problems.

We have approximately 50 users using this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

There is an annual license required and a per-user fee for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We will be evaluating whether we will continue using this solution in the future because it is not practical to keep it when it does not do the backups of all our users' information requiring us to have two solutions.

I rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 a six out of ten.

VP
Delivery manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
A stable solution which is easy to use, but should have better integrative capabilities

• "The solution is easy to use and stable and can be made to fit one's needs."
  • "The solution should have backup integration features, not just concerning mail but also when it comes to such solutions as SharePoint."

What is our primary use case?

As the solution is cloud-based, we are always using the latest version.

The solution allows a person to keep his data third party when it comes to compliance requirements, thus necessitating that it only be backed up at a certain place. The solution is used wholly for compliance requirements.

What needs improvement?

The solution should have backup integration features, not just concerning mail but also when it comes to such solutions as SharePoint.

We have been using Veeam Backup for Office 365 for the last couple of years.

The solution is stable and can be tailored to one's needs.

There is no technical support needed.

As the solution is on the cloud, there is no installation required.

We are talking about a third party solution, so there is a licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is easy to use and stable and can be made to fit one's needs.

I would recommend the solution to others who need it to meet their compliance requirements. However, if this is not required by one's organization and there are policies in place for third party back up other than that provided by the public cloud provider, then I would advise going with an alternate solution.

An example would involve a law firm or VSSR sector which has certain user data that cannot be maintained solely on the cloud and necessitates a copy being kept in one's vault.

I rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 as a six-plus out of ten.

Hairulnizam .
Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reliable, it is easy to use, and has a good email capacity

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to keep emails for longer retention time.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is the system backup recovery from OneDrive.

What needs improvement?

The license pricing can be reduced.

I have been using Veeam Backup for Office 365 for three months.

It's a stable product and we have not had any issues.

Veeam Backup for Office 365 is scalable. We have 50 users in our company and we have plans to continue using it.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to keep emails for longer retention time.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is the system backup recovery from OneDrive.

What needs improvement?

The license pricing can be reduced.

I have been using Veeam Backup for Office 365 for three months.

It's a stable product and we have not had any issues.

Technical support is okay. They are the same as other technical support systems all over the world where you go to level one to speak with technical support.

Previously, I did not use another product.

The initial setup and installation were straightforward.

It only took 10 to 15 minutes to deploy.

We did not use a vendor, retailer, or consultant. The implementation was done by myself.

The licensing price is quite high. It's expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in implementation.

It's a good solution with good email capacity, and it's easy to use.

I would rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 a ten out of ten.

AA
Modern Data Center and Cloud Engineer II at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Easy to use, responsive technical support, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for software production and virtual machine backups.

What is most valuable?

One of the main features of the solution is it is easy to use.

I have been using the solution for approximately one year.

The solution is very stable. However, in our last deployment, we have had some conductivity issues that we have yet to be resolved. In my country, we have a decent download speed but the upload is not that fast which is causing some issues.

We plan to increase usage in the future.

I am satisfied with the technical support of the…

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for software production and virtual machine backups.

What is most valuable?

One of the main features of the solution is it is easy to use.

I have been using the solution for approximately one year.

We plan to increase usage in the future.

I am satisfied with the technical support of the solution.

The documentation for the installation is good. However, if you are new to the environment the installation could be difficult. The first time we did it it took approximately four days.

We did the implementation ourselves.

There is a license required for this solution and we pay annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Veeam Backup for Office 365 a nine out of ten.

Kike Maldonado
Project Manager at Aktios
Easy to set up, scales to our requirements, and reduces complexity for dealing with multiple accounts

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to back up our Office 365 files, such as those in Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we don't need different agents to back up our files from different accounts.

What needs improvement?

The price could be reduced to make it more competitive. We would like to have a single management console for all of our backups.

I have been working with the Veeam Backup for Office 365 for six months.

This is a stable backup product.

It is scalable when we are doing the initial full backup. We can scale horizontally as we need to. …

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The price could be reduced to make it more competitive.

We would like to have a single management console for all of our backups.

I have been working with the Veeam Backup for Office 365 for six months.

This is a stable backup product.

I have not had any issues that necessitated calling technical support.

The initial setup is easy.

It is not the cheapest solution in the market.

Product Categories
Cloud Backup
Download our free Veeam Backup for Office 365 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.