Anonymous UserTechnical Architect at a comms service provider
We asked business professionals to review the solutions they use. Here are some excerpts of what they said:
"We're looking at less than $100,000 USD for this solution."
BladeLogic Server Automation allows you to quickly and securely provision, configure, patch, and maintain physical, virtual, and cloud servers.
· Threat remediation: Combine with BMC SecOps Response Service to link vulnerabilities to identified patches and create a remediation plan
· Compliance: Integrates role-based access control, pre-configured policies for CIS, DISA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, NIST, and SCAP, documentation, and remediation
· Provisioning: Supports unattended installs and image-based, script-based, or template-based provisioning
· Configuration: Consistently manage change and configuration activities across a broad range of server environments with one tool
· Reporting: Assess change impact or complete an audit using multiple dashboard views
· Patching: Supports and follows maintenance window guidelines to ensure timely delivery of patches
OS Deployer automates the disk imaging and deployment process. It helps administrators capture images of different OS versions and store them in a network share, to create different deployment templates for various employee roles, and deploy the images to the new systems all from a central management console. With central image capturing and deployment capabilities, OS Deployer reduces support, training and management costs by standardizing your entire organization on one or more operating systems. OS Deployer creates an exact disk image of the given system including standard configuration, operating system, configuration files and all applications that can be deployed to multiple systems simultaneously, making it ideal for rapid bare-metal provisioning. Supported OS : Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 2012, and Windows 2012 R2.
BMC TrueSight Server Automation is ranked 6th in Configuration Management with 5 reviews while ManageEngine OS Deployer is ranked 19th in Configuration Management. BMC TrueSight Server Automation is rated 7.8, while ManageEngine OS Deployer is rated 0.0. The top reviewer of BMC TrueSight Server Automation writes "Works across multiple operating systems, enabling data collection without worrying about the underlying OS". On the other hand, BMC TrueSight Server Automation is most compared with Ansible, SCCM, BigFix, Chef and HashiCorp Terraform, whereas ManageEngine OS Deployer is most compared with SCCM, Ansible and SaltStack.
See our list of best Configuration Management vendors.
We monitor all Configuration Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.