Umer Siddique
Sr. Network Engineer at Fatima Group
Easy to troubleshoot issues and is easy to understand and configure

• "In terms of the most valuable features, LAN switching is more comfortable and valuable in the network. It is easy to configure and easy to deploy. It is helpful for the installation and it is easy to troubleshoot issues. It's an easy product to understand. It's a good solution."
  • "I had issues with patching the IOS. But right now I think Huawei has improved very much in the advanced technology and is more stable now. I think patch and bug fixes should be announced on a scheduled basis."

What is most valuable?

In terms of the most valuable features, LAN switching is more comfortable and valuable in the network. It is easy to configure and easy to deploy. It is helpful for the installation and it is easy to troubleshoot issues. It's an easy product to understand. It's a good solution.

What needs improvement?

I had issues with patching the IOS. But right now I think Huawei has improved very much in the advanced technology and is more stable now. I think patch and bug fixes should be announced on a scheduled basis. That would eliminate the issues and improve the functionality of the device. It would be helpful.

I have been using Huawei Ethernet Switches for five to six years.

The stability is good. I installed the devices over two years ago and they're still running. It is a stable and reliable device.

It is scalable.

Technical support is good. Out of ten, I would rate them seven or eight.

I have worked with Cisco and Huawei. I have worked on both and both devices are stable and reliable devices. Cisco is a standard of devices. Huawei are valuable devices that work well. They are both sufficient and good devices.

The initial setup is very easy. I feel comfortable when I deploy and troubleshoot the device. It's easy to assess the device and understand its technology. It's very comfortable to use.

The pricing is cheaper than other vendors, which is a plus.

What other advice do I have?

The device is stable, reliable, and cheaper as well than other devices. The features are valuable. They also have good support.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

With respect to the hardware, I think Huawei should improve its chassis. Its hardware module like the cooling system is not as good as with other devices. For example, with Cisco, I switched off a router that was running more for than five to six years, 24/7. But the amazing thing was that the device was running continuously for about five to six years. With Huawei, I haven't seen any device uptime. Maybe it is an issue with the environment because in Pakistan the environment is dusty at most of the sites. That's may be why Huawei has this issue. The dust can stack on the cooling system and that may cause device failure or something to impact the performance. Huawei should improve its hardware chassis and must focus on the cooling system with respect to the environment or a dusty environment.

Hybrid Cloud
PN
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
Reasonably priced, stable, and easy to set up

• "The Huawei switches are stable, easy to set up, and cheap."
  • "The graphical user interface could be much better."

What is our primary use case?

This product is used in our network infrastructure for normal office use.

What is most valuable?

The Huawei switches are stable, easy to set up, and cheap.

What needs improvement?

The graphical user interface could be much better.

The vendor needs to make a better marketing effort to promote this product because you don't find a lot of good articles promoting it. Other brands are more aggressive in marketing.

In the future, I would like to see a feature that includes a dynamic picture of all of the ports, and what is connected to them. The functionality may be there, but I haven't seen it yet. Being able to see what is going through the ports would be helpful.

I have been working with Huawei Ethernet Switches for approximately five years.

We have not had any issues with glitches or bugs, so it has been stable.

We have not had any limitations in terms of scalability. We have fewer than 100 users.

I have not had an issue that necessitated contacting technical support.

We have Cisco products in addition to Huawei.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance.

Compared to other brands, I think that the price is quite fair. I don't require them to be much cheaper, as it's already fair.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is not to be afraid of it, just because Huawei is not a true American brand. It is an international brand. When you use it, you have the feeling that it can do even more than some Cisco or Fortinet products. The technology and brand name are good, so my advice is to trust it.

Learn what your peers think about Huawei Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AB
IT Consultant at a government with 11-50 employees
Good security features but a lack of resources and support

• "The HTTP features for security are very good. We use all of the regular features."
  • "The GUI could be improved. It could be much more adaptable."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for user accessibility.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The software could be more stable. There are a lot of bugs reported for the IS portion.

The GUI could be improved. It could be much more adaptable.

We've been using the solution for six or seven months.

We haven't faced any issues with scalability yet. There was one issue on the client-side where our mainframes weren't working because of a change on the packet side. The solution needs to add overhead to the packets. We have about 10,000 users on the solution currently. We don't have plans to increase usage on the appliance.

We've had contact with technical support and they are okay. The amount of assistance they provide is average. The response time they offer is typically too long and should be shortened. A lot of issues take hours.

We use a variety of switches. Depending on the requirements, we use Huawei, Cisco, HP, or Aruba.

Most of our IT team members have a background in Huawei, so the solution is easy to set up.

We have contractors from Huawei come and handle the implementation for us since the solution is on-premises.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution four out of ten. The OS, features, and usage aren't great. There's a lack of resources and support. There's also a lack of implementers and very few partners.

LC
Technical Manager
Regulates reports with great production and troubleshoots quickly

• "The most valuable feature is the audit systems. I also like that it can synchronize on the alternate configuration of products together at the same time."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see an increase in the performance of DDoS protection systems against all kinds of attack packets."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for architecture, commissioning, provisioning, installation and product shooting, reports and networking from TV, IP broadbands, networks, large networks, longer networks, DWDM systems, IPTV server, SIT Server, POYT, and also CCTV networks for security cameras.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the audit systems. I also like that it can synchronize on the alternate configuration of products together at the same time.

What I like about Huawei is that it has a very fast response to troubleshooting problems and regulates reports with very great production. Instead of other manufacturers that are pretty slow sometimes to expand. That is why I work with Huawei and not other solutions. Other manufacturers should speed up their answers.

It's a problem when you have several large networks and the problem is not at a specific point, but many different problems together.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see an increase in the performance of DDoS protection systems against all kinds of attack packets.

I have around 20 years of experience using Ethernet Switches.

In terms of stability, I think this is the best on the market.

I contact two places for support, Romania and China. I don't only use support for troubleshooting but also for conception and networks. I don't have any trouble with them.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a 9.5 out of ten. Not a ten because the life span of the solution is too short.

Muhittin Akar
Network Security Expert at Secil Kaucuk San
Reasonably priced, as well as easy to set up, configure, and use

• "The most valuable features are that it is easy to use, easy to configure, it's priced well, and the operating system is easy to understand."
  • "I would like to see more training opportunities available."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for connections in an enterprise company.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have more commands.

Technical support needs improvement.

I would like to see more training opportunities available. It is very rare to find training with quality.

I have been using the Huawei Ethernet Switches for six years.

This product is stable and I have not experienced any issues.

We can scale this solution.

I have tired to contact technical support but I was not able to connect with anyone.

Previously, I worked with Cisco. Cisco provides training every year, which is helpful.

The initial setup was easy. It took one hour to set up and deploy.

The price of Huawei ethernet switches is cheap.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

XM
IT Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, easy to manage, and priced well

• "What we like the most is that the price is reasonable and it's easy to manage."
  • "The stability could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The Huawei Ethernet Switches help to make up our network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

What we like the most is that the price is reasonable and it's easy to manage.

It's a switch that has all of the features that it needs to have.

What needs improvement?

The web interface is poor, it could be improved.

The stability could be improved.

Although it is suitable for us, it could have better third-party integration.

I have been working with Huawei Ethernet Switches for three years.

It's pretty stable, but we have experienced some fails.

It's a scalable solution.

We have not contacted technical support.

We have always had Huawei on-premises, it would be difficult to change.

We have a team of three engineers who maintain this solution.

It's a reasonable price, cheaper than some other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution and I would recommend it.

I would rate Huawei Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.

YA
Network Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Secure, reliable, integrates well with Cisco, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for access switches in remote locations.

What is most valuable?

We don't have any issues with the security of Huawei Ethernet Switches. It integrates well. There is no problem with their integration.

We have been using Huawei Ethernet Switches for six years.

It's a stable product.

Huawei Ethernet Switches are scalable but can be improved. We have approx 600 users in our organization who use this solution.

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for access switches in remote locations.

What is most valuable?

We don't have any issues with the security of Huawei Ethernet Switches.

It integrates well. There is no problem with their integration.

We have been using Huawei Ethernet Switches for six years.

It's a stable product.

Huawei Ethernet Switches are scalable but can be improved.

We have approx 600 users in our organization who use this solution.

We contacted technical support one time and we were very satisfied with the support we received, and with the response time.

We use Huawei for our new sites.

Our engineers didn't know much about Huawei.

We have a team of five to maintain this solution. They are technicians and engineers.

We don't have an issue with the price. It is cheaper than Cisco.

Our licensing fees are every three years.

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Huawei Ethernet Switches a ten out of ten.

CF
VP at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Provides a problem-free network connection, but the performance varies

What is our primary use case?

I use these switches for personal use, as the infrastructure for my network. It allows me to connect to the internet.

What needs improvement?

The performance has been slow at times.

I just started recently using Huawei Ethernet Switches.

I haven't had any problems with using this switch. I use it on a daily basis and I find it to be quite stable. I plan to continue using it.

I have not been in touch with Huawei's technical support.

I used another switch prior to this that had been installed by my previous service provider.

What about the

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The performance has been slow at times.

I just started recently using Huawei Ethernet Switches.

I have not been in touch with Huawei's technical support.

The installation and setup were done by my servicer provider.

The switch came as part of a package bundle that includes internet service.

What other advice do I have?

This switch is working for me and I can recommend the service provider. However, I can't recommend the switch yet because I don't have enough experience with it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Huawei Ethernet Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.