MJ
System Engineer at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Supports SysML and UML, METLAB compatible, but more toolboxes needed

• "The solution is easy to use, supports SysML and UML, and is able to connect to MATLAB. This is very important for us."
  • "There should be a MATLAB-specific toolbox added to the solution with better compatibility. The connections currently are good but in the future, it needs a huge improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are developing EC software and I am in charge of that software system architecture for which I am using this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately four months.

We have not tried to scale the solution yet but there are add-ons and extensions that are available.

The initial installation is complex. However, there are some very good tutorials online that we have been using.

We are doing the implementation ourselves.

There is a license for this solution. When comparing this solution to others it is priced well.

I have evaluated IBM doors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Ken Sayers
Senior Systems Engineer at Elbit Systems Australia
Flexible data model that makes updating easy

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is product architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a great tool for creating models with a very flexible data model behind the diagrams, making updates simple.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integrated data model, so if I change the name of an item, all models using that object are automatically updated.

What needs improvement?

This solution should have better ease of use for the uninitiated.

I have been using this solution for more than ten years, on and off.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is product architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution should have better ease of use for the uninitiated.

I have been using this solution for more than ten years, on and off.

Download our free Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.