Omair BokhariHead of IT Operations at Fatima Group
We asked business professionals to review the solutions they use. Here are some excerpts of what they said:
"In order to minimize the implementation and consultancy costs, business lines should have proper definitions. They need to have a proper way of retrieving their data, which should be structured well."
"Both the current projects and future projects should be defined well. Licensing should be done according to current and near future plans."
"USD $100,000 annually."
"Considering the market at the moment, Oracle needs to adjust the pricing of this solution."
"This product is more expensive if you compare it to SAP."
"The pricing of the solution is at about $700-$750 per year."
"Licensing and costing of Oracle EBS is very complex. We recommend to use a system integrator during the negotiation process since Oracle sales representatives sometime do not know the actual minimum requirements and may oversell the necessary licenses through ignorance."
"At our various customers, the software tends to pay for itself in less than two years."
Earn 20 points
Every business that sells complex products has a Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) process in one form. Sales rep must configure the product to meet the customer’s request then price the product and get approval for that price. Finally, the sales rep must prepare a quote or proposal document to present or send to the customer.
Businesses selling complex products can have thousands of options, ever-changing pricing, and large proposal documents. Today’s businesses require a fast, automated CPQ process that produces 100% accurate quotes.
Oracle CPQ Cloud Provides:
• Guided Selling- Lead your users to the optimal products and options based on customer needs.
• Product Configuration- Configure all types of solutions, including bundles of products, services, and subscriptions. Create bills-of-material (BOM) and routings based on configurator choices. Increase average quote size with strategic cross-sell and upsell recommendations.
• Rules-Driven Search- Present users with only those products appropriate to their region, business unit, or quoting scenario.
• Pricing- Price complex products based on features and options. Ensure 100% quote and order price accuracy with automated pricing rules and validations.
• Win Optimization- Select the discount level that optimizes the chance of winning the deal without sacrificing extra margin.
• Discounting- Apply customer, channel, volume, and product-specific discounts. Enforce margin discipline on manual discounts.
• Workflow Approvals- Route orders for review and approval. Ensure commercial viability and eliminate approval bottlenecks with automated workflow.
• Proposal Management- Create, customize, and brand proposals for your sales reps and channel partners. Present professional, accurate documents in seconds.
• eSignature- Eliminate paper-based quoting, faxing, and scanning. Enable customers to sign online.
• Order Execution- Generate orders in one click by converting quotes. Submit orders for execution real-time.
Oracle CPQ Cloud is ranked 5th in Product Configuration and Quoting while Oracle E-Business Suite is ranked 1st in Product Configuration and Quoting with 16 reviews. Oracle CPQ Cloud is rated 0.0, while Oracle E-Business Suite is rated 7.8. On the other hand, the top reviewer of Oracle E-Business Suite writes "Highly scalable: Supports scale-out architecture". Oracle CPQ Cloud is most compared with Salesforce CPQ, SAP Variant Configurator, Configure One Concept Enterprise Configurator, Configit and Vlocity, whereas Oracle E-Business Suite is most compared with Oracle ERP Cloud, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM Cloud and Workday.
See our list of best Product Configuration and Quoting vendors.
We monitor all Product Configuration and Quoting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.