JH
IT Engineer at a printing company with 201-500 employees
Easy to set up, monitor, and check the switch status

• "It is easy to set up and easy to monitor. It is also easy to check the status of the switch."
  • "It would be great if the switch can identify the IP address connected to the network port. It seems most of the switches cannot identify the IP address. They can identify the MAC address but not the IP address."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for general network switch purposes.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to set up and easy to monitor. It is also easy to check the status of the switch.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the switch can identify the IP address connected to the network port. It seems most of the switches cannot identify the IP address. They can identify the MAC address but not the IP address.

I have been using this solution for almost one year.

It is pretty stable. We had only one issue related to the cooling fan, and they had to call the hardware back. We had to switch the hardware to fix the issue, and it took a while. That was the only issue we had.

In our company, we have about 400 users, but on this site, we have only 150 users.

We didn't need any kind of support, but I think the support is good.

We were using a Cisco switch. We switched to Meraki because of the monitoring capabilities. Meraki is on the cloud, so it is easier to monitor. It is also easier to check the status of the switch, which is a good thing for a network administrator.

The initial setup is really easy because everything is on the web. Most of the stuff has been implemented on the cloud. Once you receive the switch, you just connect to the cloud. There is no installation as such.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. This is a good product from my standpoint. We plan to continue using this solution.

I would rate Meraki MS Switches a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
DW
Assistant Manager -Enterprise Networking Solutions at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
A user-friendly cloud managed access and aggregation switches with a useful visibility feature

• "We find value in its ability to enable cloud management and visibility. They are also easy to deploy. It's very convenient because you can see who is accessing, what type of UI system they're using, what applications they're using, the bandwidth, and more."
  • "Their subscription model could be better. Some of our customers prefer a one-time payment to a monthly or yearly subscription model, so they don't buy the product. Technical support could also be better."

What is our primary use case?

We provide Meraki Switches to schools, universities, and hospitals.

What is most valuable?

We find value in its ability to enable cloud management and visibility. They are also easy to deploy. It's very convenient because you can see who is accessing, what type of UI system they're using, what applications they're using, the bandwidth, and more. Management is also easy as you can access and manage the switches from anywhere. As it's managed on the cloud, we can support customers remotely if there's a problem.

What needs improvement?

We have been dealing with Meraki MS Switches for about four years.

It's a stable product.

Meraki MS Switches are scalable.

Technical support could be better. Some support agents aren't adequately qualified to support us. Their technical skill needs to improve.

Meraki Switches have some advantages compared to others. For example, visibility, management, and auto device detection.

The initial setup is simple.

We provide installation and implementation services. Most of our customers use the warranty for maintenance.

It would be better if they had a one-time purchase option instead of a subscription model.

What other advice do I have?

It's more suitable for medium-sized companies.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Meraki MS Switches a nine.

Learn what your peers think about Meraki MS Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mansukh Bhesania
MD and CEO at Aster Networks Pvt Ltd
Easy to manage remotely and the SD-WAN features are good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Meraki MS Switches are one of the network infrastructure products that we implement for our clients. My goal is to give the proper service and proper ideas. Our customers for this product include educational institutions, manufacturing plants, and banks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management. In particular, if you are required to manage the switch remotely then this is a good solution. The SD-WAN features are very good.

What needs improvement?

I don't think that the cost is a problem, but sometimes the price requires convincing the customer of the value.

We have been working with Meraki Switches for the past 10 to 12 years.

What do I think

What is most valuable?

The SD-WAN features are very good.

What needs improvement?

We have been working with Meraki Switches for the past 10 to 12 years.

Stability-wise, I have not had a bad experience in the past and none of my customers are complaining.

Scalability has not been a problem.

The Cisco technical support is good and we have had no problem at all. When we require help then they are excellent.

I work with and promote many different switches including the standard Cisco and Meraki products.

The initial setup is very easy to complete.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I am actively promoting it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Sara Coronel
Senior Consulting and Design Engineer at Claro Ecuador
Dashboard is well integrated which enables easy monitoring

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Switches is for controlling and monitoring the clients. I'm a senior consultant and design engineer and we are partners of Meraki.

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature is the console of the dashboard which is pretty integrated. It's also easy for the client to monitor their dashboard.

What needs improvement?

I think the cameras should be better integrated so that clients can review real time images on the dashboard. That's a basic feature.

I've been using this solution for a year.

It's a pretty stable solution and there was no difficulty integrating the products to one dashboard.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for a year.

The scalability of the solution is excellent.

It's somewhat difficult to contact technical support, there are several manual steps involved. If you don't know the process, it can take time.

The initial setup was not complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

TS
CIO at U.S. Metals, Inc.
Great support and definitely worth considering if you are looking for a cloud switch

What is our primary use case?

We use it for network connectivity in our organization. We use it across all of our locations. It is cloud-based. So, the software is updated to the latest firmware on a regular basis by Cisco. We have a private cloud.

What is most valuable?

I like the support, and basically, that's why I'm using Meraki by Cisco.

What needs improvement?

I've had some hardware failure issues on the POE side on several switches across the years. There seems to be a problem with the POE ports of their unit system.

I have been using this solution for probably seven or eight years.

They're pretty good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

If…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I like the support, and basically, that's why I'm using Meraki by Cisco.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for probably seven or eight years.

They're pretty good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for cloud switches, I would definitely recommend including them in your evaluation because they're really good.

I would rate Meraki MS Switches a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud
Enzo Bastianello
CECEO, ICT & Privacy ConsultantO at CHIP COMPUTERS S.r.l.
Easy to configure and provides us with complete visibility of the graphic end point

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with Cisco and I'm the company CEO.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is easy to configure and it provides complete visibility of the graphic end point.

What needs improvement?

This is quite an expensive solution so I'd like to see the cost reduced. The complete installation can be very expensive because the switch doesn't have an option to perform fiber connectivity.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable and stable.

I have had good experience with the English support but I'd really like to see some technical support in Italian. …

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with Cisco and I'm the company CEO.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable and stable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's an expensive solution in some environments but I would recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

JG
Director at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
A stable solution with easy installation and good tech support, but could have better scalability and integrative abilities with on-premises systems

• "The solution is stable."
  • "The scalability and integrative abilities with on-premises systems could stand improvement."

What is most valuable?

I find administration management and the cloud to be valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I am talking about the monitoring features and those directly concerning the internal management systems. The stock switches should be more reliable.

The solution is a bit on the pricey side.

The solution is stable.

The scalability could be better.

The technical support is fine.

The initial setup and deployment are easy.

The price could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

We are satisfied with the solution when it comes to that concerning a small environment.

I use the solution in my company.

I rate Meraki MS Switches as a seven out of ten.

Luiz Kazan
Digital Solutions Arquitect - PaaS at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Great that you can configure all devices via the same access and just change the menus

• "You can access a single pane of glass and configure all the devices via the same access."
  • "Doesn't enable a local configuration without internet access."

What is our primary use case?

I am a customer of Meraki.

What is most valuable?

A good feature of Meraki is that you can access a single pane of glass and you can configure all the devices via the same access and just change the menus.

What needs improvement?

This product doesn't enable a local configuration without internet access. If you compare this product to Fortinet the granularity of blocks that you can do related to the firewall and reports that you can deliver and control about blocking all access on Fortinet is more than Meraki. And when you talk about number of WANs that you can put on the device, Meraki can have only two WANs and when you have Fortinet you can have at least six sources of WAN.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Meraki MS Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.