GJ
Director - Global Delivery at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Lightweight, stable, and the whiteboard is good for taking notes during meetings

• "There is no lagging and the meeting interaction is seamless."
  • "I would like to see better support for mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

We use GoToMeeting for online meetings and video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is lightweight. There is no lagging and the meeting interaction is seamless.

The whiteboard for taking notes is a good feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support for mobile devices.

The limit size of meetings should be increased from 10 people to 25.

Integration with Google Docs would be a useful addition.

I have been using GoToMeeting for almost two years.

We use GoToMeeting regularly, perhaps twice a week, and it is very much a stable product.

With respect to scalability, you can accommodate a maximum of 10 people in a meeting. I think that it should be increased to 25.

I have never been in contact with technical support.

I have used multiple applications for meetings and video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams and Zoom.

The initial setup is very easy.

I did not require any assistance in implementing GoToMeeting. It takes between two and five minutes to deploy.

GoToMeeting is a little bit expensive compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I find that GoToMeeting is a good product.

Bruno Schiavetti
Technical Director at Phase Pacific
Cost-effective and has good performance

• "It's cost-effective."
  • "The newer user interface takes a bit longer to get used to."

What is our primary use case?

As a sales organization, we get involved with customer conferences, product demonstrations, and support calls with our customers where we need to take control of their PC. We also use it for internal conferencing between teams.

What is most valuable?

We did a cost comparison and it seemed to be the cheapest. Whether that's still the case now or not, I don't know. It's cost-effective.

What needs improvement?

There are always things to improve. But I haven't had any issues that I needed to report to them.

The newer user interface takes a bit longer to get used to.

We have been using GoToMeeting for two years.

We have used Webex and Zoom. Although now Zoom has got a security problem, so I don't think many people are going to be using that in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend it. I have no issues with the performance and no issues with the way it works. It is a better option from a security perspective with what's going on with Zoom. I would definitely recommend it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. There's always room for improvement.

Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Girish Hanuman
Member Data Security Council of India at Sysnet Global Technologies
Simple and easy to use when managing a conference but its performance is not always consistent

What is our primary use case?

GoToMeeting is not so great. It is not always consistent in its performance. Sometimes it works well and if you're on a mobile device it works but sometimes it doesn't work. Even if it has a good broadband connection, it doesn't always work properly.  It has been good, but it is not consistent.

What is most valuable?

When managing a conference, it is simple and easy. If I want somebody to share a screen, it is simple. The way the whole screen is set up is good. Even for somebody who does not have a lot of experience, they can easily use it.

It is not so stable.  They're trying to bring in too many things and make it look really complex. For the common, simple new user, it's not that easy…

What is our primary use case?

It has been good, but it is not consistent.

What is most valuable?

The way the whole screen is set up is good.

It is not so stable.

They're trying to bring in too many things and make it look really complex. For the common, simple new user, it's not that easy to use, like Zoom.

I use Zoom, mainly for other meetings. I feel that Zoom is a better product. It works much better on mobile than desktops or laptops.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

I would recommend Zoom over GoToMeeting.

EddyRosolen
Network Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Available on many platforms and can have many meeting participants

• "Screenshare is the most valuable feature as well as the number of meeting participants possible in a meeting. It also has good quality."
  • "The sound quality is good but the video quality needs improvement."

What is most valuable?

Screenshare is the most valuable feature as well as the number of meeting participants possible in a meeting. It also has good quality.

What needs improvement?

The sound quality is good but the video quality needs improvement.

I started using GoToMeeting one year ago.

It is stable.

Scalability is good. There are around fifty users in our company. We are a smaller company of 100 people, we don't have plans to increase usage.

We haven't contacted their support.

We also used Skype and Webex. GoToMeeting is available on many platforms which is a good advantage.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. To make it a ten it should be able to have more participants.

The advice I would give to someone considering this solution is to be sure that you have good network quality.

NB
Manager Service Delivery at a tech company
Has good software and is very handy

• "GoToMeeting is very handy. It's good software. I would definitely recommend it."
  • "In addition to the features it already has, I think GoToMeeting should also have additional features that are not present at the moment."

What needs improvement?

In addition to the features it already has, I think GoToMeeting should also have additional features that are not present at the moment.

I have been using GoToMeeting for two years.

We have had issues with stability.

It hasn't been required to contact their technical support. The issues we had weren't related to the features, rather it would hang and we would reset it and it would work.

I find BlueJeans very similar to Skype and it does similar things that Google does. You can add more team members there so BlueJeans is a proven solution. It's a good tool. It's not a replacement to GoToMeeting, but equally handy when it comes to some things.

What other advice do I have?

GoToMeeting is very handy. It's good software. I would definitely recommend it.

I would rate GoToMeeting an eight out of ten. Not a ten because there are still some features it should still have.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free GoToMeeting Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.