GoToMeeting Overview

GoToMeeting is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to Skype for Business: GoToMeeting vs Skype for Business

What is GoToMeeting?

GoToMeeting web conferencing software makes it simple and cost-effective to collaborate online with colleagues and customers. Best of all, meeting participants can share their webcams in high definition, so you can enjoy more personal interactions _ without needing a complicated setup.

GoToMeeting Buyer's Guide

Download the GoToMeeting Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

GoToMeeting Customers

AAPT, ACD Groupe, Addison Fire, Avigilon Corporation, Basic Industries Ltd., Bitdefender, Branson School Online, Budd Van Lines, Business Fitness, Business Wire

GoToMeeting Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about GoToMeeting pricing:
  • "It is a little expensive although now, with the competition from Zoom and other products, they have lowered their prices and it is better."
  • "GoToMeeting is a little bit expensive compared to other products."

Jacky Hood
CEO at FieldDay Solutions, Inc.
A straightforward setup with good stability and decent pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for meetings.

• "GoToMeeting's security is very good. I've never known anybody to crash a GoToMeeting."
  • "I didn't like the fact that they tried to make their new version look like Zoom."

What other advice do I have?

I use the solution every day, two or three times a day. We also use GoToWebinar as well, which is their webinar product. GTM has two versions available. One is called New GoToMeeting, and one is called Classic. I prefer Classic. When I'm doing PowerPoint and Google Docs, and when we're using faces and cameras, the new version looks a lot like Zoom. The others are where it's just a bunch of faces or people on their cameras. As an aside, when I use the new version, I have to use Windows 10. That's because my Windows 10 machine has a camera, and my Windows 7 machine does not have a camera. So…
Paul Singh
Manager ICT at a local government with 501-1,000 employees
Works perfectly fine but I would like for there to be screen recording features

What is our primary use case?

We have used it at my previous employment to connect for our weekly meetings for all our branches and video conferencing meetings as well.

• "We don't have any link issues whether you use it to browser, or use it as a client. It worked perfectly fine for us."
  • "In the next release, I would for it to incorporate files more efficiently from one computer to another when we covert things and send them out. I'm not sure if it's capable of that."

What other advice do I have?

GoToMeeting does simple video conferencing and has meetings set in two or three conferencing groups. Those types of meetings go perfectly fine. But if somebody is planning to intensively use it daily and their user requirement is a lot more than what I've experienced, I would suggest do a trial for a month or so and make the most out of it in order to see what the traffic is like and how it behaves in the network. Check to see if you have any issues in the chat. I think it all depends on how stable your link is and how you traffic-shape your policies in your Firewall. I think that it also…
Learn what your peers think about GoToMeeting. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jnanakumari Sadasivam
IT Executive at Ls Advisors
Enables us to save money on travel and has good screen sharing features

What is our primary use case?

My boss uses it every week because it is what we use for having all of our meetings. Because of COVID-19 and all, we had to cancel all of our business trips, and we are conducting all of our meetings with GoToMeeting.

• "I think all the features are very useful, especially the rooms features and we present with screen sharing. Instead of organizing conferences, we are able to do that online. This has been saving us from spending on travel. From the beginning of this year, because of GoToMeeting, I have canceled I think three or four business trips."
  • "I don't know whether it is an issue or not but my boss was asking me if person one is in one room, and another person wanted to use another room at the same time, I don't know whether it is possible."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. I would like for them to incorporate a whiteboard feature. With Teams, while doing a presentation, and while discussing with clients, sometimes we do use that option. And on Teams I can see that this feature is there.
GG
Senior Program Manager at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good iPhone support but it is too slow compared to other products

What is our primary use case?

We are no longer using GoToMeeting but we were using it for video conferencing.

• "The most important feature for me was the iPhone app."
  • "GoToMeeting is too slow, which is why we no longer use it."

What other advice do I have?

GoToMeeting is a nice program and they have a lot of features. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
JA
Owner at UNIWAN.BE SPRL
Enables us to organize meetings with customers and partners around the world

What is our primary use case?

I use it for organizing meetings with my customers and partners around the world. My intention is to organize webinars and training.

• "The key advantage of GoToMeeting is the ability to use it without installing anything."
  • "The enrolment for a non-IT user should be easier. It should be simplified for non-IT users."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone implementing this solution is to have a good camera and microphone. I would recommend Zoom as opposed to GoToMeeting. Zoom has a new feature that offers the ability to change the background. You can hide what's behind your chair. It's useful to have the ability to change the background of your video. Zoom has the ability to change your background to whatever you want, even the view, and in GoToMeeting, you don't have that option at all. It seems trivial but during meetings, some of my technicians don't want to turn on the camera because they don't want what's behind them…
General Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Lightweight, easy to set up, and has a simple interface

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for video conferencing, normally for meeting with people external to our organization.

• "I like GoToMeeting because it is lighter than other solutions, such as Webex."
  • "The interface is a little outdated and could be better."

What other advice do I have?

In general, I find GoToMeeting very simple and easy to use. If somebody is not satisfied with Zoom or Webex then I would recommend that they try this product. It is a good alternative. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
AbdAllah Marrouche
IT Manager at Capital Guidance
A stable conferencing solution with dial-in capability

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for having meetings with people that need to dial in from the outside.

• "The most valuable feature is the dial-in capability."
  • "Manageability needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this solution is very good. Only the management and pricing are in need of improvement. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
GJ
Director - Global Delivery at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Lightweight, stable, and the whiteboard is good for taking notes during meetings

What is our primary use case?

We use GoToMeeting for online meetings and video conferencing.

• "There is no lagging and the meeting interaction is seamless."
  • "I would like to see better support for mobile devices."

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I find that GoToMeeting is a good product. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 4 more GoToMeeting Reviews