Atefeh Mohib
Business Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
This version has easier settings

• "I think the settings are better. It has a better user experience."
  • "I have some challenges with the search box. It's a good tool, but sometimes there are some problems. For example, I can't find an application that I installed earlier."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is an upgrade to our system and they installed it on computers. At work, it's dependent on our job. I'm a business analyst, so I use it for searching and writing.

What is most valuable?

The settings in this version are easier. For example in previous version 7, the settings were really complex. There were a lot of options. Most of the time, we had to search and read about everything. It's really better in Windows 10.

It's really slow on my laptop, but I think the settings are better. It has a better user experience.

What needs improvement?

I have some challenges with the search box. It's a good tool, but sometimes there are some problems. For example, I can't find an application that I installed earlier.

It is stable. We have between 50 to 100 users who use it my company.

I don't use technical support. If I have a problem, I can look it up myself.

The installation is better than the previous version. I remember more than 10 years ago, sometimes we had to call experts who would come and do the process for me because I couldn't install an operating system on my computer. Nowadays it's easier. I think even a child could install the operating system on a computer. It's not complex. It's really easy.

If I want to change my operating system, it takes four to five hours. I have to check all of my data and then transfer the password to a secure external for storage.  Then the installation is only one hour. After that, I take the time to install some useful applications like Microsoft Office, players, and Internet browsers.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend it to everybody. Learn about it, learn how to install Windows, how to resolve challenges and problems.

I would rate Windows 10 an eight out of ten. Windows needs to cut down because sometimes it's a little complex.

KM
SAP Architecture Manager at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Easy to install, quick and easy to use, and has good support

• "Windows 10 is quick."
  • "While it is already a stable product, it can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used to help the end-user with whatever is required for their day-to-day work.

It is mainly used by the end-user, as their operating system.

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is quick.

It includes many features with many options.

Also, it is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

They don't use it with any third-party integration, it doesn't require this as it is used by the end-user.

While it is already a stable product, it can be improved.

We have been using Windows 10 for three to four years, since it was launched.

Windows 10 is the latest version. I believe they will launch Windows 11 in the next few months.

Windows 10 is a stable product.

It's a scalable solution. It has a very good upgrade path.

We have approximately 50 users in my office.

Technical support is good. We have no issues with the technical support from Microsoft.

We did not use any other solution before Windows 10.

The installation is very straightforward.

It takes less than one hour to install and deploy.

We only require one person to maintain this solution. I do it myself for the site.

I completed the installation myself. I did not need the help of a consultant or an integrator.

The license is built into whatever you have purchased. For example, we purchased our Lenovo laptop and the license for Windows 10 was built in.

We did not evaluate any other product before choosing Windows 10.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IP
IT Security Architect at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Straightforward to install, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for running our personal applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. The product scales well. The solution is very easy to install.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could always be improved. We would like the solution to continue to improve its security.

I've been using the solution for a could of years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for running our personal applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The product scales well.

The solution is very easy to install.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could always be improved.

We would like the solution to continue to improve its security.

The solution is very scalable. It's easy to expand if you need to. A company would have no trouble scaling to meet its needs.

We have about 100 people who are currently using it.

I haven't used technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are, having never dealt with them directly.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any issue with the initial setup.

That said, I was not a part of the initial setup, and can't speak to how long the deployment actually took.

We used an integrator that helped us with the implementation. We were satisfied with the process and how everything ultimately turned out.

The pricing could be better. It's a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been very happy with the product and its capabilities. I'd happily recommend it to other users and organizations.

NN
Functional Consultant at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great operating system that is stable and straightforward to setup

• "The solution has been issue-free."
  • "In general, the price could always be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as our operating system. We use it to run our business applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been issue-free. The performance is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

In general, the price could always be cheaper.

We've used the solution since the day it was released. It's been a while at this point.

The performance has been great. I would rate the solution's level of performance at an eight out of ten. It's stable. We haven't had issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have 350 people in our organization using the product right now.

As of right now, we have no plans to increase usage.

We don't really need the assistance of technical support as we have the internal expertise and they can help us if we get stuck on something. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to rate their level of service.

We have always used Windows. We simply updated our previous Windows system to Windows 10 when it was released.

I have found the solution to be very easy to set up. The implementation process is simple and not difficult at all.

We have four individuals that can handle deployment and maintenance.

The pricing could be lowered a bit to help keep it affordable.

Currently, we pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been satisfied with it in general.

I would recommend the solution to others considering implementing it.

OB
SAP Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up, scalable, and stable

• "The installation process is pretty easy."
  • "The performance isn't perfect. It does not provide a good value for the money you spend on it."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for personal purposes. I primarily use the solution for business applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

I've found the solution to be scalable.

The installation process is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for years at this point.

The stability has been good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is good.

The scalability is good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem.

There are 500 users in the company that also use the solution.

As I am not part of the technical team, I have never reached dout to technical support We have our own internal IT team. They may speak to them, however, I cannot say for sure if that is the case.

The initial setup is not overly difficult or complex. It's very straightforward and simple.

That said, I was not directly involved in the installation process.

I cannot recall exactly how long the deployment took.

We have a team of ten that handle deployment and maintenance.

I do not consider the solution to offer good value for money, at least where the performance is concerned.

It's a pre-paid solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

CM
Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Easy to use with a good user interface and helpful technical support

• "It helps me with being able to multitask and run various applications in tandem."
  • "The product could be more scalable."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for running my applications.

What is most valuable?

The latest UI, user interface, is very good.

The solution is easy to use, and I tend to use it a lot. It's running all the time.

Technical support is okay.

What needs improvement?

The product could be more scalable.

I've used the solution for four or five years now.

The solution really isn't scalable.

70% to 80% of people in our organization are using Windows 10.The rest may be using Linux.

I've dealt with technical support in the past and it is okay. I'm satisfied with the level of service we receive.

We also use Linux Ubuntu in our organization.

When it comes to installation, Ubuntu is easier, as there's only one command line of code needed for installing apps.

My understanding is that the initial implementation is simple and straightforward. That said, it came pre-installed on my laptop and therefore I did not handle the process myself.

The product came to me pre-installed on my machine.

The solution already comes with the Windows machine. If you have a Windows device, it comes pre-installed and therefore it's included in whatever Microsoft license you have. There isn't a monthly or yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten as I really enjoy the UI and the general usefulness of the product.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

SH
Product Technical Manager at a tech company with 1-10 employees
Includes good basic functionality and the cost is included with the price of the computer

• "I like the basic features of the product, overall."
  • "I think that the user interface is a little bit complicated and can be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for our office tasks such as e-mails, browsing, and word processing.

What is most valuable?

I like the basic features of the product, overall. I would say that we are just regular users and there is no particular feature that stands out.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately six months.

Stability-wise, it is okay.

We are a very small company and we have two people that are using Windows 10. Given that it is a desktop product, I know how to scale it.

I have never been in touch with technical support.

We also use Windows Server and prior to Windows 10, we used Windows 7.

I think that the interface in Windows 7 was easier to use.

The initial setup was simple. I did not find it to be complex, although the deployment took at least two to three hours, including the updates.

I deployed it myself. The maintenance is done automatically with Windows Update.

Windows 10 came with the computer when I bought it, so it was already licensed.

What other advice do I have?

The features are there in this product, and I just don't want it to be too complicated. All the software that is delivered is Windows 10, by default, so there is no reason to recommend it. It's the only license that you can purchase now.

ZT
Data Scientist at a university with 501-1,000 employees
An up-to-date operating system with a great firewall

• "Windows 10 is very up-to-date. It's a big upgrade from Windows 7. Cortana is a very important feature."
  • "It may be due to the features and apps that I use, but sometimes, I find my laptop slows down."

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is very up-to-date. It's a big upgrade from Windows 7. Cortana is a very important feature.

The firewall is also really powerful. It's been working really well for us. I don't use any other virus systems other than Windows.

What needs improvement?

It may be due to the features and apps that I use, but sometimes, I find my laptop slows down. Still, it's not a big problem with the OS. Other than that, I can't think of anything else that needs to be improved.

I have been using Windows 10 for five years.

Windows 10 provides us with very continuous stability. It's stable, that's why we use it.

Scalability-wise, I am happy.

I rarely have to contact support — that's a good thing.

I used to use Windows 7. Windows 7 is quite simple and traditional. Windows 10 is easier for us to navigate. It's more customizable. I like to customize my settings but Windows 7 didn't really allow me to do that. Windows 10 really considers the needs of its users.

I didn't set it up myself so I can't really comment on the initial setup. No maintenance is required, it updates automatically.

How long it takes to update really depends on your internet speed.

What other advice do I have?

I have been relying on the Windows firewall for eight years now — the security is good. I'd definitely recommend Windows just because of that.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a rating of nine. There is always room for improvement, that's why I am giving it a nine.