NH
IT Manager at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Easy to setup, but the patch security management updates could be faster

• "Windows 10 is stable."
  • "The updates take a lot of time to complete, and they could be faster."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for our personal operating system on all of our desktops, laptops, and our tablets.

What needs improvement?

The main issue is related to the patch security management that is released. The updates take a lot of time to complete, and they could be faster.

We have been using Windows 10 for the last three to four years.

Windows 10 is stable.

We have approximately 150 users in our organization.

The technical support is fine. They have the help support and you can Google it to get your support.

We have only used Windows. All versions of Windows have been used such as Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 7.

The installation is straightforward. It's a guided installation that anyone can do.

We need a team of two or three people to maintain this solution.

We were able to complete the installation ourselves.

The pricing is expensive. When compared with other Operating Systems, such as Linux-based solutions, it's expensive.

When we purchase any computer, we purchase the software, the operating system, and the hardware.

It is bundled, but if you purchase it individually it's expensive.

The price could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

From an operating system perspective, I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of 10.

VB
Head of Information technologies systems department at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up, quick to deploy, and has good performance

• "We use Windows due to the fact that the system is good for us and for our information system."
  • "The interface could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for our information systems.

What is most valuable?

The solution is okay. We use Windows due to the fact that the system is good for us and for our information system.

The performance is good and it is stable.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The deployment is fast.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be more user-friendly.

While I've used other iterations of Windows for about 15 years, for Windows 10, I have used it for three years.

The solution offers us very good performance. The stability is very good. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's a reliable system.

We have 1,000 users on the solution.

We didn't use a different solution. We simply used an earlier version of Windows.

The installation is pretty straightforward and it's easy to set up. Without deployment, it only takes maybe ten minutes. It's a quick process.

For deployment, you likely only need one engineer.

The process is so straightforward, you can handle it yourself. You don't need an integrator or consultant to step in and assist.

There are no licensing subscriptions needed for this product.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GR
Embedded Engineer at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
The interface is good, but the performance degrades with too many applications open at once

• "The most valuable features are the interface and the speed of switching between processes."
  • "of the problems with Windows 10 is that it hangs when you open multiple programs."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

One of the problems with Windows 10 is that it hangs when you open multiple programs. For example, if you are running 10 to 15 applications then the performance will slow down to something similar to Windows 7. Often, I will have Microsoft Office open, as well as my development tools, and once I have been using them for perhaps 20 minutes, everything slows down. Switching between applications at that point can take two or three minutes.

I have been having some trouble with the .NET framework and it took me a full day to install it. The problem seems to be that every time it connects to Microsoft online, it is different. After several attempts, I was finally able to succeed.

I have been using Windows 10 for about six months.

Other than the problem with having many applications open, it is stable. I haven't had any issues with the other functionality.

Most of the people in our company use Windows 10. Some have desktops and some have laptops.

I have not had to contact technical support. Any problems that I have had, I was able to solve on my own.

Windows 10 came pre-installed on my laptop and it was easy to set up. It only took a few minutes to do.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Windows 10 is a good operating system.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Manoj Chitgopeker
Region Head - S1@Dimension Data India at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reliable, easy to install, and maintain

• "Windows 10 is quite stable."
  • "I would like to have more security."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is something I use for both official and personal purposes.

I believe Windows was also performing governance for us.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more security. With each passing phase, you must strengthen your security.  In the next release, I am expecting more security from Windows.

I've been using Windows 10 since its initial release.

I've been using this operating system for quite some time, several years.

Windows 10 is quite stable.

Everyone in our company uses Windows 10. We have over 7,000 users.

I have never contacted technical support.

There are two things to consider. The first is that, as an organization, our policy is to move on to the next version once it has become stable. It was a group decision rather than an individual decision, leaving me no option, I had to upgrade it, and I did so.

The installation of Windows 10, is pretty straightforward.

To deploy and maintain this solution, we have a team of ten people.

You don't need help installing Windows 10, you can do it yourself.

We are classified as an enterprise and have an enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

I have no issues recommending this operating system.

I am very happy with Windows 10, I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Naresh Rayakwar
Tech Mahindra Total Duration14 yrs TitleTech Lead for KPN Project at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Performs well, easy to use, but too much preloaded information

• "I have found Windows 10 much better than the previous versions. It performs well, is easy to use, and is easy to use for new users."
  • "There is a lot of preloaded information on Windows 10, that impacts the memory position."

What is our primary use case?

I'm not using the server version, I'm using the desktop edition on my laptop for running personal applications.

What is most valuable?

I have found Windows 10 much better than the previous versions. It performs well, is easy to use, and is easy to use for new users.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of preloaded information on Windows 10, that impacts the memory position.

The security should improve because there are a lot of packets that have to be delivered, and that will take time to install.

I have been using Microsoft Windows solutions for 20 years and I have been using Windows 10 since it was released.

The solution is stable. however, it could be better.

We have approximately 1,000 users in my organization that use this solution.

I have not had direct support from Microsoft but I have used our IT support in my organization.

I have used Mac OS.

The installation is straightforward and does not take a lot of time.

The updates are done automatically in the background, you do not need to touch anything.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is good for users that have not used Linux, unit commands operating systems or Mac systems.

I rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.

RN
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A stable and easily installable solution

• "The solution has good stability."
  • "The installation consumes a lot of space and the response time is not as fast as it should be."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for running our personal applications.

What is most valuable?

We find the performance to be the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if the solution were more lightweight, such as is the case with Windows XP. The installation consumes a lot of space and the response time is not as fast as it should be.

Moreover, the solution could have better performance.

We have been using Windows 10 from the get-go, perhaps for the last ten years.

The solution has good stability.

My guess is that the solution is scalable, although I have not had occasion to put this to the test.

Installation is straightforward.

It took under 30 minutes.

We handled the installation on our own.

There are two people who are responsible for deployment and maintenance, one being an administrator and the other an engineer.

While I am not the IT manager, I do know that the licensing costs comes with a subscription that is based on volume.

Prior to using, the solution we evaluated Linux, Windows and Ubuntu.

What other advice do I have?

We have 200 front desk users of the solution in our organization.

I would definitely recommend this product to others.

I rate Windows 10 as an eight out of ten.

SK
Sr Principal Infrastructure Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Has a good interface and offers good support

• "The most valuable feature is the interface."
  • "There are a lot of patches that are released frequently that always ask for a reboot. This causes errors and unpredictable actions on the computer. Sometimes it will get hot and reboot and all those kind of patches which will happen after an installation. That is something that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I use MS Exchange, MS Office, and Azure Cloud. I'm a system administrator in my company, so I use all the software required for my regular activities.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the interface.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of patches that are released frequently that always ask for a reboot. This causes errors and unpredictable actions on the computer. Sometimes it will get hot and reboot and all those kind of patches which will happen after an installation. That is something that needs improvement. It always creates issues when we're in production.

It doesn't happen all the time. The pandemic has made it hard to go into the office to get the problem rectified.

We don't always want to reboot. Users aren't interested to keep on rebooting a laptop. So their laptop can get infected every month which creates problems. And then it's hard to get to the office to get the problems fixed.

I have been using Windows 10 for around a year.

It is stable.

We have more than 1,000 users.

We have had a good experience with their customer support.

I don't really deal with the installation. It came installed on my laptop from my company. I don't deal with the installation or maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Windows 10.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Sami Alomaisy
Manager at global trading
High application compatibility, easy to install, and most stable version

• "Microsoft Windows 10 is the most supportive operating system that you can find. Everything can run on it."
  • "In an upcoming release, I would like the Windows files themselves to be able to be adjusted in a way they are not as easy to open or access. There are times when you can make a simple mistake in a Windows file and the whole operating system could become corrupted, the files should be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for my own work outside of my company for many purposes, such as program testing, development of applications, and email.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, I would like the Windows files themselves to be able to be adjusted in a way they are not as easy to open or access. There are times when you can make a simple mistake in a Windows file and the whole operating system could become corrupted, the files should be more secure.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

The solution is stable but the previous versions were not, such as Windows 8.

There are many versions of this solution, such as Home and Professional, that provide different levels of scalability. However, if you would like even more scalability there is Windows Server.

The installation is very easy. If you have a decent CPU the installation should only take approximately one hour.

I did the implementation myself.

There is a license for this solution and it is a one-time purchase.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.