Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Windows 10 pricing:
  • "The initial version came with the PCs and the upgrade we were able to get cost approximately $12 per computer. It was really cheap."
  • "Windows 10 is licensed. It was included with the purchase of my laptop."

Windows 10 Reviews

reviewer1390797
Director Lean Infrastructure at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Aug 5, 2020
Familiarity, maturity and popular productivity tools make this OS almost indispensable

What is our primary use case?

I am using Windows 10 together with Ubuntu Linux as an operating system.

• "It is familiar and mature and runs the most popular productivity tools."
  • "The operating system could be more configurable and compatible in integrating with other operating systems."
  • "The core of the operating system needs work to become more stable and less complex. The need to occasionally re-install should not be necessary."

What other advice do I have?

Any advice I have for people considering this product depends on the use case. I would definitely recommend using Windows 10 as an operating system and a familiar choice. But I would definitely also recommend trying other operating systems. It is very important to know what other operating systems have to offer. This one operating system has massive dominance on the market and I do not like the way that 90% of the people are using only Microsoft products without even considering anything else. It is limiting. So my advice is: learn more about other desktop experiences and try Linux as well to…
ItishaYadav
Data Scientist at Instant systems Inc.
Jul 16, 2020
Scalable with good stability, however it needs a better system for initiating updates

• "The solution is scalable. If an organization needs to expand it out, they shouldn't run into issues doing so."
  • "The only thing which concerns me is updates. It gets updated often. Sometimes, however, it automatically gets updated. That is an issue. It can happen when you do not want it to be done. It's possible it can start and your files are not saved. They may be open while your laptop enters sleep mode. Then, when you re-open the computer to continue work, it all of a sudden decides to update, destroying your work."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the vendor. I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using currently is. Windows 10 is quite a stable version of the solution. If you compare it with Windows 8, it is much, much better. If one wants to use Windows as an operating system, I would recommend it. If one is more comfortable with other operating systems, they can run it in a virtual machine and give partition on Windows so that half of the memory is allocated for other OS. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1386360
Information Security Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Jul 15, 2020
Stable and scalable with good security features

• "The latest versions of the solution have increased their level of stability. It's quite good now."
  • "The solution should offer a bit of an easier integration with authentication methods, like FIDO or FIDO2 authentication with the USB-C. They should try to simplify the process of authenticating the user. Nobody wants to remember thousands of passwords."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft. The Microsoft ecosystem works really well when I have an active directory and am using Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, etc. They interact really well together. In regards to the solution being cost-effective, I would say the latest technologies from Microsoft have an administrative system that is much easier than running IBM. It's now so well interconnected that if you're trying to migrate to the cloud it's easy. Microsoft really tries to fill all of a company's technical needs, which works really well. I would rate the…
Michael Barg
Principal Consultant at Lexington Consulting
Jan 12, 2021
System startup improved, applications run smooth, regular free upgrades, and affordable

What is our primary use case?

We are a small company and we use Windows 10 Professional for five of our computers.

• "The applications seem to run smoother on this solution than they did with Windows 7."
  • "It would be great if they could make the systems boot faster but I think it is more of a function of the PC than the solutions."

What other advice do I have?

I rate Windows 10 Professional an eight out of ten.
Mostafa
System Administrator at Suez Canal Insurance
Apr 29, 2020
Review about Windows 10
Microsoft has been closely watching the onslaught of this new ransomware epidemic and added a slew of new features to the second major update of Win10 which is called "Creators Update" — Win 10 CU for short — which has been rolling out for a few weeks, consumers first. Presenting new anti-ransomware protection features added in Win 10 CU, Robert Lefferts, Director of Program Management, Windows Enterprise and Security, said that no Windows 10 customer was affected by the recent WannaCry ransomware outbreak that took place in mid-May and no currently known ransomware strain can infect Windows 10. From a security perspective, CU is a massive improvement. The new security features include the following list, apart from a host of non-security related additions like a 3D version of MS…
reviewer1390371
Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 31, 2020
Stable with great updates and an easy user experience

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution alongside a system center configuration manager. I am installing it on mobile devices to upgrade and update the security.

• "It offers an easy user experience for our customers."
  • "Users should be able to access the system remotely."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft. I'd recommend the solution. I believe a lot of people and companies already use it, to be honest. However, I do need to pay more for monitoring and to fix some issues related to the product. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Venkateswarlu Paturu
Service Delivery Manager / Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Oct 27, 2020
Easy to use with good productivity tools and good support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for the use of productivity tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. These are very popular and I don't see any alternatives. There are some open-source, and even Mac has good products.

• "The most valuable features are ease of use, usability, and user-friendliness."
  • "As a user, I should have a facility that I can secure an entire folder with a password."

What other advice do I have?

When I spend time on documentation, this is a very good application to use. I would recommend using Windows 10 to anyone who is interested in implementing this solution. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
reviewer1179735
IT Business Relationship Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 3, 2020
Easy to install with an intuitive interface that works well on tablets

• "The solution is easy to install. Even my child could set up the system."
  • "It would be great if the solution was more stable. It's a mass-produced product and people around the world use it extensively, which makes it a target for attacks. It needs better security against hackers."

What other advice do I have?

We're Microsoft customers. We're always on the latest version of the solution. Part of our security policy requires us to be on the latest update at all times. We have a patch server that will deploy the latest patches, with updates to the clients, to regular machines. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it was more stable and offered better data protection, I would rate it higher.
See 19 more Windows 10 Reviews
Download our free Windows 10 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.