Sai-Krishna
Manager, BI & Analytics at Perceptive Analytics
Easy to use with a familiar user interface and good stability

• "I've got a good level of familiarity with it. The user interface is intuitive."
  • "Like all Windows products or like all the Microsoft products, like Office, it's priced a bit on the higher side."

What is our primary use case?

I'm primarily using the solution for running my personal applications. I use it on my laptop and my applications run off of Windows 10.

What is most valuable?

It's like any Windows version. You can run whatever programs you need on it.

It's easy to use. Everybody knows Windows. I've got a good level of familiarity with it. The user interface is intuitive.

The solution is stable. I've found the scalability to be good.

What needs improvement?

I do not recall coming across any missing features. Just like any other Windows product, it's great. I can't think of anything else to add.

I've been using the solution for five years at this point.

The stability of the product is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a person needs to expand it, it can.

Right now, I'm only using the solution myself for personal usage.

I've never contacted technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they might be.

I've only ever used Windows. I did not previously use a different solution.

I didn't have to install it at all. It came pre-installed on my laptop. Therefore, I cannot speak to the installation process and if it is difficult or simple.

Windows is pretty expensive. They could work to price it lower.

I have a lifetime license. You purchase it once and you don't have to think about it again.

What other advice do I have?

I have the solution deployed on my laptop. I'm using the latest version of the solution at this time.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I'm pretty happy with its capabilities.

MG
Information Management Specialist at a government with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, scalable, and offers good performance

• "Technical support is very good."
  • "The solution could offer better integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution to run various Microsoft applications and Microsoft 365.

What is most valuable?

The product is stable and reliable. The performance is very good.

We have found the solution to be quite easy to use. It's user-friendly and simple to navigate around.

The product is very scalable.

Technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution could offer better integration capabilities.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the product is excellent. The performance is great. There are no bugs or glitches and  don't recall it ever crashing or freezing.

We have found the solution to be scalable. IF a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem at all.

In my organization, there are about 350 users that use the product.

We've contacted technical support in the past and they were good. They are helpful and responsive. I was satisfied with the level of service on offer.

We did not previously use a different operating system. We have always used Microsoft.

I did not personally handle the initial setup and therefore cannot speak to how straightforward or difficult the process was, or how long it took.

I'm not sure how many technical team members are needed to handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

Our IT team handled the installation process for us.

We do pay a yearly licensing fee. I cannot speak to the exact terms or costs, however.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We have enjoyed using it over the years. We are satisfied with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MP
Deputy Manager IT at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Highly stable, good interface, and easy to implement

• "It is stable. I have a lot of applications running on it, and all the applications are running fine. I don't have any problems with it."
  • "It would be helpful if Windows had its own antivirus to protect the OS. They should provide an antivirus with it."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it as an operating system. My two daughters and I are using Windows 10 on three laptops at home, and it is working very well.

What is most valuable?

It is stable. I have a lot of applications running on it, and all the applications are running fine. I don't have any problems with it.

Its interface is very nice, cool, and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Its cost is very high and should be reduced.

It would be helpful if Windows had its own antivirus to protect the OS. They should provide an antivirus with it.

I have been using Windows 10 for two years.

It is highly stable. It is more stable than Windows 7, and it also has inbuilt security updates. It seems that it has been tested with a lot of end-users. It is working fine, and there are no issues.

It is scalable, but it would require more resources. It requires 8GB RAM to work fine. Initially, my desktop had only 4GB, so there was some slowness, but with 8GB RAM, it is working very well. There are no issues.

I hardly needed any support because a lot of resources and groups are available, and we just go through these resources.

I was using Windows 7. Windows 10 is more stable than Windows 7.

I have also used Ubuntu Linux and other free operating systems, but they don't have a good GUI like Windows 10. I am also not able to find a lot of applications that run on them.

It is easy to implement. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it took a maximum of 30 minutes.

I installed it myself.

I have taken the full license, but its cost is very high. Its cost should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Windows 10 a 10 out of 10.

TP
IT Engineer at a real estate/law firm with 201-500 employees
Stable and easy to use with good performance

• "The initial setup is very straightforward."
  • "We'd always be happier if the enterprise version was a little bit lower in price."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for everything. We just don't use any other version at the moment. For the last four, five years, we are just using this one version, Windows 10.

What is most valuable?

The performance of the solution is good. We have found the product to be stable.

The interface is also good and it is very easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

So far, the solution has been very good. I cannot recall coming across any missing features. There's nothing I would add at this time.

I've used the solution for four or five years now.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and we have found the performance to be very good overall.

We have close to 200 people using the solution at this time.

For the last few years, we haven't used anything but Windows. We upgraded from Windows 7, which is what we used previously.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not overly difficult or complex. A user shouldn't struggle to set it up.

In terms of deployment, you do need more people and more time if you have to do it in multiple geographical locations. In our case, we use around 10, and they cover our locations very well.

In terms of maintenance, just to look after the OS and all those things, we have a team of five.

While we would always prefer a lower cost for licensing the product, for the kind of quality the software system is providing, I cannot complain. You get pretty good value.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

AC
Technology Strategy Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, with many updates and patching through the cloud, and it's easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The operating system is the heart of the laptop or the heart of your system. It is where you use all your applications. Underneath the operating system is where you have the processor.  In order to run all of your applications, you need to use the operating system.

What is most valuable?

It provides us with very good updates and security patching that is required. It is done through the internet and gone are the days where you needed a disc for the updates.

I have been using Windows 10 for three years. I use it on my laptop, but the upgrades are done through the cloud. I am using the latest version.

Windows 10 is stable.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

In order to run all of your applications, you need to use the operating system.

What is most valuable?

I have been using Windows 10 for three years.

I use it on my laptop, but the upgrades are done through the cloud.

I am using the latest version.

Windows 10 is stable.

Scalability is not something that really applies to an operating system. It's not an application that is run for 10 users as an example.

We have 5,000 peoplein our organization who are using Windows 10.

I have an IT team that deals with technical support. They have a better view of what the support is like.

Microsoft is such a large corporation, I am sure they have very good technical support.

I have always used Windows 10.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. Windows 10 is standardized. It's easy.

There really isn't any maintenance required. it's pretty easy. You need to update and run some security tests and maybe some patching, but there are pop-ups that come up to click, making it super easy.

I am not sure about the pricing. It might be $1,000 per license. The price goes down by the number of licenses.

The price could be cheaper. Not very cheap but cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Windows 10 to anyone who wants to use this as an operating system.

I would rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

JV
Problem and Technical Application Management for KNAB at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
A good operating system that is stable and reliable

• "I've been very satisfied with this operating system."
  • "I want a more stable version of the Linux interface that you can use within Windows 10."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for running persona applications on my laptop. We run several types of applications on it.

What is most valuable?

I've been very satisfied with this operating system.

It's totally stable and secure.

What needs improvement?

There are always some small things here and there that could be better, however, for the most part, I have been happy with its capabilities and cannot recall coming across missing features.

I want a more stable version of the Linux interface that you can use within Windows 10. Sometimes the connections are broken or it doesn't work after a while. When that happens, I have to restart my laptop and so on. It would be ideal if it was simply more stable so that these issues didn't occur.

I've been using the solution for ten years. It's been a decade at this point. I've used it for a while.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have 5,000 people who are using the product within my organization.

I've never been in touch with technical support and cannot speak to how helpful or responsive the support team from Microsoft is.

We likely previously used Windows 7. That was a really long time ago. I've worked with Windows 7 and I also have experience with the Linux version.

I cannot speak to the initial implementation process or how easy or difficult it is to execute. I was not involved in the setup in any way.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed on the laptop itself and it's not running in the cloud.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been pretty happy with its overall capabilities.

I would recommend the product to other users and organizations.

MK
Deputy Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A scalable and easy to use solution

• "The solution is easy to use."
  • "The solution derails the battery too quickly, meaning the performance could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use the solution in the cloud for discovering all of its applications. We also use it for identification purposes and either to block access or unauthenticate updated applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

It serves many functions. User accounts can be identified in Windows 10. It offers performance and functionality. Sensitive data which is deployed in one's application can be set in his policy.

What needs improvement?

In contrast to Windows 11, the 10 version could have improved functionality.

The space utilization is not sufficient and there are too many notifications for the user.

We have been using Windows 10 for three or four years.

The solution is scalable. It can be applied to as many PCs as one likes.

One of the good things about Microsoft is that the support is there, although the time it takes to respond and to resolve the issue could be improved upon.

The good thing about Windows 10 is that it's from Microsoft. I have also used iOS, which is from Apple, as well as Android, from Samsung. So too, I have used macOS Sierra, like MacBook OS, in addition to Ubuntu.

The installation lasts a couple of hours, so it would be better if this could be accomplished within a few minutes.

It is possible to do deployment and maintenance with the use of system administrators.

The solution comes with a licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

Windows 10 is deployed on one's PC.

As the solution is from Microsoft, I would definitely recommend its use.

Our organization has more than 100 users who are making use of the solution.

As Windows 10 is from Microsoft, I rate it as a nine-point-five out of ten.

MA
Lead Enterprise Architect at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
User-friendly and supports many applications, but needs more monitoring tools for administrators and better pricing

• "It is user-friendly, and it supports many applications. I am working as an enterprise lead, so I have different client applications, and they are mostly compatible with Windows. The graphical interface of Windows 10 is better than Windows 8."
  • "They should introduce some special tools for system administrators. I am currently looking at how to calculate the storage. It should have additional tools for monitoring for system administrators. A lot of such monitoring and security tools are available for free in other open-source operating systems, such as CentOS. It should have the backup-and-restore functionality, which is integrated with any external device, such as a USB device. Windows 10 should also be free. They should only charge for Professional Windows 10, but the basic OS should be free. Microsoft should support the Red Hat operating system. When I install Red Hat, it doesn't support NTFS. It needs some additional plug-ins."

What is most valuable?

It is user-friendly, and it supports many applications. I am working as an enterprise lead, so I have different client applications, and they are mostly compatible with Windows. The graphical interface of Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.

What needs improvement?

They should introduce some special tools for system administrators. I am currently looking at how to calculate the storage. It should have additional tools for monitoring for system administrators. A lot of such monitoring and security tools are available for free in other open-source operating systems, such as CentOS.

It should have the backup-and-restore functionality, which is integrated with any external device, such as a USB device. Windows 10 should also be free. They should only charge for Professional Windows 10, but the basic OS should be free.

I have been working with this solution for two to three years. I am using it in the office as well as at home.

It is stable. In our organization, we have a lot of security stacks. Windows 10 is more stable and better than Windows 8.

I have not contacted them.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple.

The basic operating system of any hardware should be free. Therefore, it should be free. They should charge only for the enterprise level or enabling the hypervisor. They should charge for Professional Windows 10, but the basic OS should be free.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for non-IT people. It is an operating system for a novice end-user. As an administrator, there are many tools that I don't find in it.

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.