RakshathShetty
Team Lead, Enterprise Computing Platforms at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A reliable solution for migration and disaster recovery strategy

• "It's been pretty useful in terms of migration and disaster recovery strategy."
  • "Microsoft's technical support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Within my company, there are roughly 150 employees using this solution. We need about 30-35 people for maintenance.

What is most valuable?

It's been pretty useful in terms of migration and disaster recovery strategy.

I have been working with Microsoft Azure for roughly four years.

This solution is quite stable. We haven't had any issues stability-wise.

Scalability is good. I would rate it high, scalability-wise.

Microsoft's technical support could be improved.

There are certain areas on the Level 1 to Level 2 support-side that are not exactly great. We have issues with our Linux operating system. I don't think we've had delays as such but I would say that's one area there might be some scope for improvement.

I personally used to work with AWS, but that was at another company.

The initial setup was fairly easy. Pretty much all the services are easy to deploy — not very complicated as such.

The cost could definitely be lower.

What other advice do I have?

You have to look out for the external storage costs — it can be a bit of a surprise. You have to do your budgeting. We didn't really anticipate that the storage expenses would be so much higher than anything else. That's something people have to budget and account for before they migrate to the cloud.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this soluting a rating of eight.

EY
SOA & BP Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to install, stable, easy to use, and they have good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are vendors. We are neutral from the technologies. We provide solutions to our clients as well as implement the customer needs with the different technologies. We have a multi-channel mobile app solution that we implement, and we have an API deployed on Azure cloud. We use API management in the Azure cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use. The Azure APIs is monetization. Its support, monetization for prepaid and postpaid are good features that we look for.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see this solution support integration.

We have been selling Microsoft Azure for a couple of years. We are implementing the latest version.

What do I think

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see this solution support integration.

We have been selling Microsoft Azure for a couple of years.

We are implementing the latest version.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

It's a scalable solution. We have approximately 1,000 users who are using this solution.

Technical support is awesome! It's very good.

We have installed many competitive products, such as Appigee and IBM, but Microsoft Azure is the easiest one to install.

While I was not a part of the deployment, I know it took them less than a week.

We have a team of 10 to 15 for the deployment, customization, and implementation of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is interested in using this solution, I would recommend it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AL
Digital Architecture Project Leader at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A good solution with useful features and good stability, scalability, and availability

• "Active Directory is a good feature. The infrastructure features that Azure provides are also good."
  • "There should be more language options for the Azure Functions apps. It supports programming languages, but there are only a few options. It could have more programming languages."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy company. We provide technology solutions for our clients. We use Microsoft Azure to provide infrastructure for our clients.

What is most valuable?

Active Directory is a good feature. The infrastructure features that Azure provides are also good.

What needs improvement?

There should be more language options for the Azure Functions apps. It supports programming languages, but there are only a few options. It could have more programming languages.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It has good stability. It has an availability of 99,9%.

It has good scalability. It is an automatic process.

It is a retail solution. Therefore, we have a lot of users. We probably have direct and indirect users in thousands.

I don't like their support so much. The support of Microsoft is not fast enough and should be faster. They have a lot of layers or levels. I used to get in touch with them through the Azure Portal.

The initial setup is easy. We have developed a DevOps automatic process, which makes it very fast to deploy. It takes just a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise taking care of the intermediate layers between your business and Microsoft. They aren't good.

I would rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten. This rating is based on the general features. If they put more programming languages, I would rate it a ten. It is a good product.

AS
Head of Architecture - Digital at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Time to market is fast compared back to the traditional on-premise hosting but it needs to mature

• "The time to market is fast compared back to the traditional on-premise hosting. That is one of the better things I can say because there is no need to worry. The Pack services will enable it to start immediately."
  • "There were also a lot of constraints with the serverless parts."

How has it helped my organization?

The time to market is fast compared back to the traditional on-premise hosting. That is one of the better things I can say because there is no need to worry. The Pack services will enable it to start immediately.

What is most valuable?

I think Azure is good. We're exploring the Cosmos DB for the dealer distribution, which is in a project phase. We are happy with their services.

What needs improvement?

They should enable more other products to enable other commercial products as a Pack services, from the database side, more from the security perspective. Some of the databases don't have the features that Azure SQL has. Those parts have to enabled.

There were also a lot of constraints with the serverless parts. They are far behind compared to AWS.

I have been using Azure for the last three years.

The technical support is a bit clumsy. Their time to respond is not that much great.

In terms of the UCs, they are very cumbersome. It's not very user friendly.

Each deployment takes around ten minutes. We do around 300 a day.

What other advice do I have?

If you look at it from the cloud product perspective, AWS is first. There is no doubt about it, and Azure is in the second position, and Google is the third.

Serverless is something that Microsoft needs to focus on, it is not so mature. That would be a game-changer.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. Not a ten because they need to improve in terms of maturity, flexibility, and user experience.

Karthikeyan Sivasamy
Architect at a tech company with 201-500 employees
A customizable platform for creating various dashboards

• "It's a great solution. It's so customizable. Every user can create dashboards to suit their needs. We can create and share them with our teammates easily, too."
  • "Due to the pandemic, I haven't been able to utilize their full resources. This has made it complicated to scale up. I hope this will be resolved after the pandemic."

What is our primary use case?

Within our organization, there are roughly 15 people using this solution.

What is most valuable?

It's a great solution. It's so customizable. Every user can create dashboards to suit their needs. We can create and share them with our teammates easily, too.

Microsoft Azure is also very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I honestly can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

I have been using this solution for five years.

Microsoft Azure is both scalable and stable.

The technical support is very responsive.

I evaluated Amazon and Google Cloud.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. Deployment depends on your requirements. Typically, I can deploy it within a weeks time.

There are monthly and yearly payment plans. We save more in the long run with the yearly option.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to other users.

Microsoft Azure has all of the latest cloud services with all high availability and scalability. It's also very secure. The cost is more or less the same across all cloud service providers, too.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Due to the pandemic, I haven't been able to utilize their full resources.This has made it complicated to scale up. I hope this will be resolved after the pandemic.

Hybrid Cloud
Enrico Boseli
CTO at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Very scalable, easy to use, and provides a great ROI, but needs better pricing model, better support, and a cybersecurity feature

• "It is really scalable and easy to use."
  • "They should include a cybersecurity feature to improve the protection of the systems. They could do better in terms of the pricing model. Its price keeps on changing. Their technical support can also be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for cloud adoption for medium and large companies. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is really scalable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

They could do better in terms of the pricing model. Its price keeps on changing. Their technical support can also be better.

I have been working with this solution for a couple of years.

It is stable, and it works. It is not the best public cloud in terms of technology, but it does its job, and it does it well.

It is really scalable.

Their technical support is fair. It is something they can improve.

Its initial setup is very easy.

It provides a great ROI.

Its pricing model can be improved. It is variable, and if you do a simulation now, within a few months, the price can change, and your simulation would no longer be valid.

What other advice do I have?

It is great for a new workload and if you are starting with new systems.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
SK
IT Engineer at a government with 10,001+ employees
Responsive technical support, scales applications well, and reliable

• "One of the features I have found to be valuable is the scale set feature."
  • "There needs to be better data security. There are organizations that do not want their data to be submitted to Microsoft, they should have strong encryption."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for multi-factor authentification while sorting out the identities. We want to use this solution for as many applications for the authentification process.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I have found to be valuable is the scale set feature. We have been able to get good results scaling up and down our applications. Additionally, the dashboard is fuctional.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be better data security. There are organizations that do not want their data to be submitted to Microsoft, they should have strong encryption.

In the future, Microsoft should increase its data center percentage in Africa.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution has been stable.

We have found the scalability of the solution to be good. We have approximately 4,000 people using the solution in my organization.

If we are having a hard time finding a solution to an issue the technical support has been very quick to respond.

The initial setup is straightforward for me since I have done it before, for people new to installing it could experience some difficulty.

The solution does not offer very many free services which can become expensive. We are on an annual license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

JC
cloud solution architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Reliable, scalable, and has good support

• "I like the familiarity of this solution."
  • "The initial setup could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are CSP distributors. We are indirect resellers.

What is most valuable?

I like the familiarity of this solution.

What needs improvement?

No product is perfect, there is always room for improvement.

The solution to the market and the guidance for the customer should be streamlined.

From a customer perspective, it can be complex. It's a bit abstract for the customer.

They need to provide comprehensive and easy-to-understand guidelines for the customers to implement.

The initial setup could be simplified.

The customization could be improved.

I would like things to be easy for the customers and partners.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for five years. I am a Microsoft engineer. It was my first job, and I have used it throughout the years.

Microsoft Azure is very stable.

It's a very scalable product.

We like the technical support.

It can be complex when you deploy it on your own.

I have studied it, for me it was easy, but for our customers, it could be simplified. We want to make their lives easier.

Customers will need the help of an integrator or consultant.

Customers need to purchase additional services because of the complexity of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.