MM
Chef manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Helpful technical support, easy setup, and highly stable

What is our primary use case?

We have migrated all of our on-premise production environments to the Amazon AWS cloud and we use many AWS services.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more secure.

I have been using Amazon AWS for approximately six months.

Amazon AWS has proven itself as the market leader in the cloud solution environment and is highly stable.

The solution is scalable. All of our production environment is hosted on Amazon AWS and we have approximately 12,000 users that use it.

We have enterprise-level support that is very good from the…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more secure.

I have been using Amazon AWS for approximately six months.

The solution is scalable.

We have enterprise-level support that is very good from the AWS team.

We use other solutions, such as Microsoft Azure for UID and Google Cloud services for DCP.

The initial setup is not difficult and it did not take us more than one day.

We have a managed service provider that helped us with the implementation of the solution.

We have a 60 person team that manages our data operations and infrastructure. The team consists of many levels, such as system engineers, architects, and managers.

We have a monthly subscription for Amazon AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

EmanTaky
Senior System Administrator at KnowledgeNet
High quality features, flexible, and excellent virtualization capabilities

• "The most valuable features I have found are the Database Migration Service (DMS) for monitoring the host and routing, Route 53, and EC2 tools. The DMS is not available in any other solution that I am aware of. They have a very flexible and professional solution."
  • "If you have not had previous training or studied guides it will be a little difficult to use the solution. However, the difficulty also depends on what you are using the solution for. They can improve by providing more documentation, such as tutorials and videos."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for network virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features I have found are the Database Migration Service (DMS) for monitoring the host and routing, Route 53, and EC2 tools. The DMS is not available in any other solution that I am aware of. They have a very flexible and professional solution.

What needs improvement?

If you have not had previous training or studied guides it will be a little difficult to use the solution. However, the difficulty also depends on what you are using the solution for. They can improve by providing more documentation, such as tutorials and videos.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

I have found the stability very good.

The scalability is good.

The technical support has been fine in my experience.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Amazon AWS is the most powerful tool and is at the top for cloud and for virtualization. It has many features and products. It is wonderful and I keep learning from them.

I would highly recommend this solution to others.

I rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lucas Sain
Chief Technology Officer at SYSDE
A mature product that is extremely scalable and easy to expand

• "In general, the cost management in Amazon is complicated. It's not too straightforward."
  • "The solution is pretty mature."

What is most valuable?

The scalability of the product is excellent.

The solution is pretty mature.

What needs improvement?

In general, the cost management in Amazon is complicated. It's not too straightforward. That's a little bit of a problem that they have.

Sometimes, their interface is kind of old. We see that they're trying to move forward and modernize, however, they've gotten a little bit behind compared to, for example, Azure, which obviously started later, and yet, has a better interface. Not better. I would like it if it was easier to reach certain items.

We have quite a bit of experience with AWS.

We have found scalability to be the most useful aspect of the product so far. it's very easy to expand to whatever size you need.

We also use Azure and Oracle.

While AWS is more mature, Azure has updated its user interface and seems more modern in comparison.

We implement the solutions for our clients if they need us to. We deal with AWS, Azure, and Oracle for the most part.

What other advice do I have?

We are an implementor.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been pleased with the solution's capabilities.

NL
Audit Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and scalable cloud computing solution with useful advanced features

• "I like that it helps us do everything really fast, and its advanced services."
  • "The price could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS because it has really advanced parameters and suits our business.

What is most valuable?

I like that it helps us do everything really fast, and its advanced services.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better.

I've been using Amazon AWS for about four months.

Amazon AWS is stable, and there aren't any issues that I know about.

Amazon AWS is scalable.

I didn't notice any problems or issues related to this area, and everything was fine.

The initial setup wasn't easy because we implemented this process over two months, and it was a complex process.

It's an expensive product.

My company considered not only one provider, and it was really a complicated process to review all the providers. We had our checklist of all necessary requirements, and it was quite complicated. We chose AWS because of its advanced features that let us do everything quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a nine.

MS
Director - Technology Operations at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
Helpful service for a variety of applications

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS for many applications as well as Amazon's native services. We have a mix of content-based workloads and traditional legacy type of applications.

What is most valuable?

Amazon AWS contains a lot of helpful services.

What needs improvement?

Amazon AWS would be improved if it were more stable and if customer support's responses were faster.

I have been using this solution for many years, somewhere between seven and ten.

This solution has been relatively stable. We had one issue sometime back, so the infrastructure could be more resilient.

This solution is scalable.  …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Amazon AWS contains a lot of helpful services.

What needs improvement?

This solution is scalable.

I have contacted customer support and their response time could be faster.

We migrated to Amazon AWS from the Data Centers.

The installation was straightforward. The installation time varies depending on workloads.

I implemented through an in-house team. We have multiple teams for deployment and maintenance.

There is no licensing cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten. I recommend this solution to anyone who wants to start using it.

JP
Senior Manager IT at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up, good support, and feature-rich

• "The installation and initial setup are easy."
  • "We have had several issues with the products and services but as of now, there are no good alternatives."

What is our primary use case?

We use the AWS Cloud service for storing company-related information.

What is most valuable?

The cloud-based infrastructure has several good products that people normally use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Amazon AWS for the past seven years.

I use AWS several times each day, and we plan to continue using it.

We have 7,000 users on AWS.

The technical support and customer service are good.

I have also worked with Microsoft Azure and I find the initial setup of AWS to be easier.

The installation and initial setup are easy.

This is a subscription-based product.

This is not an expensive product but it would be an improvement if the price were cheaper. Google Cloud, for example, is cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

ASHOK YADAV
Solutions Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good in terms of deployment and user experience

• "Amazon AWS is good in terms of deployment and user experience. Their certificate management and load balancer are also good features."
  • "The sorting model in AWS is a little bit complicated. When you are going through any component, you can get some surprising results."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The sorting model in AWS is a little bit complicated. When you are going through any component, you can get some surprising results.

I've been using AWS for more than two years.

Scalability is something that people are looking for when they choose Amazon AWS. I like that it integrates well with IBM Resilient, which is like a serverless map. We have more than 5,000 employees in our organization.

Amazon support is good.

Setting up AWS was straightforward. It only took around 20 minutes. We used about five to 10 team members for deployment. For maintenance, we have an architect and some RDS specialists.

Amazon AWS could have more options and transparency in its pricing model. You need in-depth knowledge to adopt AWS. So someone without that knowledge base might not understand all of the costs associated with AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Amazon AWS nine out of 10. I would definitely recommend it to others.

CB
Content Writer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Feature-rich, stable, good pricing, and responsive support

What is our primary use case?

We are a car company and we use this solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of features to keep up with. It has good reporting and documentation.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard and interface need improvement. It could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Amazon AWS for half a year. We are using the latest version.

It's highly stable. We have not had any issues with stability.

We have not explored this area yet. My department is quite small. We have three to five people in my team who are using this solution.

How are customer service and technical

What is our primary use case?

We are a car company and we use this solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of features to keep up with.

It has good reporting and documentation.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard and interface need improvement.

It could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Amazon AWS for half a year.

We are using the latest version.

It's highly stable. We have not had any issues with stability.

We have not explored this area yet.

My experience with technical support has gone very well. They are very responsive. They are pretty cool.

We are using OpenShift to combine two platforms.

It's pretty hard to deploy. Our IT takes care of this area.

We are happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Amazon AWS an eight out of ten.

Download our free Amazon AWS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.