SM
Data Warehouse Engineer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, great for collaboration, and very reliable

• "I never have had any problems with any kind of situation where I couldn't get my documents. It is very, very reliable and very consistent."
  • "It should be a bit more user-friendly. It should be less click to get to what you need. this would help people use it more efficiently."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for all kinds of stuff. We use it for Excel, for Outlook, for team collaboration, for sharing documents, et cetera. We take advantage of it in order to do a lot of collaboration with colleagues.

What is most valuable?

The solution so far has been excellent. I've been very happy with its capabilities.

The solution makes it easy to handle collaboration tasks.

The product has proven to be very stable, and therefore, it is very reliable. I never have had any problems with any kind of situation where I couldn't get my documents. It is very, very reliable and very consistent.

The product scales very well.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to make sure it does have the scalability potential in place for large-scale organizations. As a smaller organization, I can't speak to how scalable it would be for very big companies.

I've been using the solution for a very long time. It's been mostly five to six years at this point. I have a lot of experience with it.

The product is very reliable and very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability is there if you need to expand.

That said, we are a small organization of 500 people and therefore haven't tested the limits of scaling. I'm unsure as to how big it can go.

I've never had any technical issues with the product and therefore have not had to reach out to support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. However, the fact that I haven't spoken with them reflects highly on the quality of the product itself.

We've always used Microsoft. I cannot recall using any other product.

I don't have any experience with the installation aspect of the solution. It's not something that I've handled before. I'm not sure what the deployment is like or how easy it is to implement.

I don't handle payments and licensing. I can't speak to how much the company pays or if we're set up on a monthly or yearly payment schedule.

It's my understanding that we did not look at other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users.

Due to the fact that we are on the cloud deployment model, we are always using the latest version of the solution. Microsoft automatically keeps everything up to date.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. So far, we've been happy with how it works and what we can do with it.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Tom Kettler
Owner at GGZ Oost Brabant
Scalable and stable, but it's challenging to migrate over from a legacy system

• "The scalability is very good."
  • "If you're looking at Microsoft 365, Intune is a part of that as well and Intune is kind of a nightmare."

What is most valuable?

In my case, I have a lot of different email domains and they're all hosted in the same environment. With the older exchange on-premise, that gave a lot of conflict with the user IDs, as the client runs on the same workstation. That usually started a lot of headaches for me and my IT supplier. With Office 365, that's no longer a problem.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is very good.

What needs improvement?

When you're looking at the management of the endpoints, for example, Intune leaves a lot to be desired.

If you're looking at Microsoft 365, Intune is part of that as well and Intune is kind of a nightmare.

The Office platform hasn't changed too much, apart from the fact that the server backend has moved to the cloud. In the cloud, some things work a little better and then some things work a little worse than before.

I've been using the solution for about one and a half years at this point.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution can scale well. If a company needs to expand it, it can.

I don't have experience with technical support. We got it outsourced, so I don't need to contact Microsoft myself, apart from when I put my IT architect hat on. For my employer, I need to deal with Microsoft in terms of license procurements and so on, however, for the rest, for the technical stuff, we don't need to contact Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user.

I'm looking at it from two perspectives, one from my employer and one from my own company. And yeah, within my own company, I don't have problems with managing endpoints or whatever. The only thing I had was, with the multiple user IDs on the same backend, which now is no problem anymore. That used to be a big problem. They've fixed it now.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I would recommend, if you have an extensive older environment, and you're migrating towards Microsoft 365, to get a partner who has a lot of experience in doing these kinds of migrations. I would take very much into consideration that, if you have a company that has extensive contact with the outside world using email, and then generic mailboxes, and all that stuff, group mailboxes, the world actually changes when you move to Microsoft 365. That takes a lot of adjustment and it takes a lot of work during the transition. The quality of the IT partner that advises you, assists you, manages this for you, can to a large part be graded upon how this piece of the entire puzzle is managed. The problem we had was that there were a lot of changes from the older setup compared to the new setup in 365, and that cost us months of trouble.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GS
General Manager at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
User-friendly with a simple setup and good stability

• "The solution has pretty good security baked in."
  • "It would be ideal if the solution offered a free version. Currently, there are only paid options available."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution throughout the company for business purposes. We use a variety of its applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable. The performance, overall, is quite good.

The scalability, overall, has been very good.

We have found Microsoft 365 Business to be very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward. It's not too hard to set it up yourself.

Overall the product meets our needs.

The solution has pretty good security baked in.

Microsoft has pretty good technical support on offer. They are helpful.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I can't recall feeling any features were missing. The solution meets our needs. There isn't anything that is lacking.

I've been using the solution for about three years at this point. It's been almost that long at least.

The product is reliable. It offers good performance. We've found it to be quite stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze at all. It's great.

We have found that Microsoft 365 Business scales very well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so easily.

Currently, we have about 50 people on the solution.

We do plan to continue to use the solution. We have not plans to change.

Technical support has been very good. They are knowledgeable and responsive. We have been satisfied with the level of service we receive.

We did not previously use another solution. We've always only used Microsoft 365 Business.

The initial setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. Due to its relative ease of use, the initial setup was easy. A company shouldn't have any issues with it.

While I cannot recall the exact amount of time it took to deploy the solution, I can say that it was very fast. It doesn't take long.

The maintenance is pretty basic. You don't need a large amount of staff to watch over it.

I handled the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of an integrator or consultant. It's easy to do on your own.

We pay a licensing fee. I can't say if it is expensive or not as I've never looked at other products to compare services and pricing.

We've never compared the solution to another product.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the exact version number.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. So far, it's met our needs. I have no complaints. I'm very happy with it.

Tharanga SKP
Engineer, Enterprise Products at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable, with good storage and very good performance

• "The storage portion of the solution is very good. It has a very large capacity."
  • "The management could be a bit better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for office emails.

What is most valuable?

The storage portion of the solution is very good. It has a very large capacity. We have 28GB of storage.

The installation and performance have been good. We have no complaints about the integration capability, reporting, management, and monitoring. So far, everything has been good on all of those fronts.

What needs improvement?

We have only just used the solution for a one-month period now. We do need more time to work with the product to get to know its ins and outs a bit better. That said, sometimes we feel that it is a little bit slow to connect to the public cloud. Not all the time. Just some of the time.

The management could be a bit better.

We have only used the solution for about a month. We've just completed an internal migration. It hasn't really been that long since we began using it.

We've found the solution to be pretty stable in general. We are accessing it through the internet, and we find that sometimes the internet is going slow or something we don't have access to. That's the only issue. That's not a Microsoft issue, however. Only the internet connection might be a problem. Beyond that, there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution's scalability is okay. We haven't had any issues. We have more than 5000 employees or so on it and we are using the solution without issue. It's scaled well to meet our needs.

We haven't had the opportunity to contact technical support just yet. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I've never directly dealt with them.

Previously, we used the standalone Office. Now, we use the Microsoft single-use license from the cloud.

The initial setup was not overly complex. We didn't find it too difficult. It was rather easy. Our IT team managed it. We didn't have any issues with the process. If a company needs to set it up, it shouldn't be too hard to handle.

Our IT team was able to handle the implementation myself. It was easy. Therefore, I didn't need the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

We have a separate IT team. They were doing the installation and the procurement. Therefore, I can't speak to the exact licensing arrangement or the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We both use the solution and we are a reseller. We're a Microsoft partner.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

As a user, I can recommend the solution. It works well and has very fine capabilities.

RS
Partner IT Transformation Consulting, Principal Analyst, Cabot Partners at a outsourcing company with 1-10 employees
Consistent design with good cloud services but it can be difficult to get support when needed

• "I like that it is easy to transfer to different devices, such as a different laptop. Everything is cloud-based, which I appreciate."
  • "Most Microsoft applications are not the most user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.

What is most valuable?

I used to use 365 when I was at IBM, and, at later stages in my career, at other companies. I used to have my own license at home. Now, I have my own consulting firm. Recently, I got a laptop. I felt that transferring all the information from one laptop to the other was a painful experience. I got 365, as it is in the cloud, and due to that, I can just download my user information and I'm ready to go.

The solution is stable.

While I like the fact that Microsoft is constantly updating its services, I also like the fact that Excel is pretty much the same since I started using it on Day One.

What needs improvement?

Coming from larger companies, if you had 365 questions for Microsoft, it was hard to get a hold of them. The one way I could get answers was by talking to a friend, or one who has used 365 as well. Microsoft has no time for the little guy. I can Google to look for answers, however, you run the risk of getting answers that are baseless. It would be easier to use if you could get better help if you need it.

Most Microsoft applications are not the most user-friendly.

I've used the product for a while. I've always used Microsoft for the most part.

The stability has been fine for the most part.

As an individual user, getting a hold of technical support can be difficult. Once, I actually found a number and I waited for an hour and a half. The guy who helped me, I can't thank him enough. He went beyond. I was extremely happy about the assistance. That said, typically, it's hard to get help.

I've used G Suite before as well. However, I'm a Microsoft guy. I'm 65, so I've used Microsoft all my life. G Suite is extremely good, however, as I see it, I'm not comfortable with it. I see the younger people getting faster with it.

The cost of the solution is approximately $120 a year.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user of the solution. We mostly work with IBM, which is a bigger part of our offering.

While there's a way to use it on an enterprise level, I can only speak to individual usage. I personally like the fact that it's on the cloud and it's easy to access my documents from anywhere.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. For the most part, the solution has been great.

MK
Key account manager
Easy to use with a good interface and good stability

• "The initial setup is very simple and straightforward."
  • "They should offer better support for iOS devices and more regular updates for iOS, as it's working pretty well for Microsoft solutions and for Windows systems, yet it does not work quite as well for iOS."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for Teams and other Microsoft applications.

We use it in the office for communication, security, file transfers, cloud access, and the company portal. All of its basic services are leveraged.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very simple to use.

The product has a pretty nice interface.

There is good support on offer.

The solution provides regular updates.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward.

The stability is great, both on the PC and on mobile.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

We've found that the product works well on Apple products as well. there are no compatibility issues.

What needs improvement?

The solution could still use better integration with Apple infrastructure. They should offer better support for iOS devices and more regular updates for iOS, as it's working pretty well for Microsoft solutions and for Windows systems, yet it does not work quite as well for iOS.

I've been using the solution for a few years at this point. It has been quite a while.

We've found the stability to be good. It's stable on both mobile and desktop versions. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability is very good. It's great for companies that have 500 or more employees. We have around 1,000 users and it's been great. It can handle a lot of people. In my office alone there are about 150 users.

It is my understanding that we don't have plans to increase usage.

The technical support is very good. they are helpful and responsive. We're quite satisfied with the level of support on offer. We also have staff on-site that can answer questions if we have any. Our IT team is very knowledgeable. They typically have been able to handle any questions we have and if they can't they can always go directly to Microsoft.

The solution is very easy to install. It's not overly complex or difficult. A user shouldn't have any issues with the process.

That said, I did not personally deploy the product. I just use it. We have five people on staff that handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

The company provides the solution to me. I can't speak to the licensing or costs.

We do have an enterprise-level licensing agreement with Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user and a customer. I don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'm using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations. A lot of other companies already use it. It's quite popular.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

MF
PMO at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Intuitive, easy to use, and simple to setup

• "The initial setup is easy to implement and deploy."
  • "There are a lot of modules, for example, between Teams and SharePoint, that could be more transparent."

What is our primary use case?

I use a variety of different applications within the solution. For example, I use Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

The solution is really very easy to use. You don't need any real training to know how to use it. It's intuitive and what you don't know, you can search everything yourself.

If you have a little bit of experience in older versions, you can easily catch up. The user interface is great.

The initial setup is easy to implement and deploy.

The pricing seems to be reasonable.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of modules, for example, between Teams and SharePoint, that could be more transparent. Many users aren't too sure of the difference between many Microsoft tools or how to use them together.

While the many tools on offer come as one package, the manager who deployed everything doesn't really know the differences or how to use each individual app correctly. This requires an internet search for demos that can lay out how best to use, for example, Sharepoint, or Teams.

There needs to be more documentation to make the usage clear. We need more transparency on things like in which conditions we can use Teams and how we can connect that app with Sharepoint, and things like that.

It's difficult, sometimes, when we deal with other teams or organizations that aren't using Microsoft Teams. When they don't have the same systems, it makes it difficult to communicate with everyone.

I started using the solution six years ago. I've used it for a while. That said, my most recent company, deployed the solution two years ago.

We have about 9,000 users on the solution currently.

I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive Microsoft technical support is. I don't deal with them directly. We have support within our company that is dedicated to problem-solving. When we have any problems, we have communication lines within our company. I don't know how they communicate with Microsoft when they need to.

We didn't previously use a different solution. We've always used Microsoft.

The solution is pretty easy to install. We have an operations team that can handle it. My understanding is that the actual implementation and deployment did not take very long at all.

We were able to handle it via our own internal teams. We didn't need an integrator or consultant.

I can't speak to the exact cost of the solution, however, the pricing seems to be fine.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

VK
CISO at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, highly scalable, very stable, and supports a lot of services and applications

• "SharePoint and emailing are two technologies that are very widely used by all employees."
  • "Its price can be lower. It is definitely a bit expensive than other on-premises and cloud-based solutions. It can also be improved from the security aspect. We recently got the configuration of O365 components tested from an independent partner. While doing our analysis, we found certain gaps that ideally should have been covered as part of the implementation. Microsoft can look into these implementation issues and include a checklist as part of the implementation so that customers are aware of the minimum requirements for implementation."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our emails and SharePoint services. We are also using OneDrive for all Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, or Excel data analysis documents. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its price can be lower. It is definitely a bit expensive than other on-premises and cloud-based solutions.

It can also be improved from the security aspect. We recently got the configuration of O365 components tested from an independent partner. While doing our analysis, we found certain gaps that ideally should have been covered as part of the implementation. Microsoft can look into these implementation issues and include a checklist as part of the implementation so that customers are aware of the minimum requirements for implementation.

We have been using this solution for four years.

It is a very stable product. So far, we have not faced any issues.

It is on the cloud, so it is highly scalable. We have around 1,800 users.

Their technical support is good. I have not faced any challenges so far.

We were on Lotus Notes, and we migrated from Lotus Notes to this solution.

There are two parts to it. The first part is the enablement of the subscription, which is done by Microsoft or the OEM after we procure the solution. The second part is where we need to write some components on our firewall, proxy, and antivirus.

The deployment was pretty smooth. In less than a week's time, it was pretty well configured. In the last four years, we have not faced any kind of issues with this solution.

The OEM partner for Microsoft did the installation. Two persons can manage the deployment.

It has a subscription-based model, so we need to procure as many licenses as required as part of an enterprise agreement.

It is a little bit expensive. It is definitely a bit more expensive than other solutions that are on-premises. It is also expensive as compared to the cloud-based solutions from other companies. However, when we look at the ease of use of the product and the adoption by the users, its cost can definitely be considered as comparable to other products. The features that we get in this solution are not available in solutions from its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others. With respect to the services that are available on O365 and the kind of applications that are available on the O365 platform, it is pretty good. We will keep using it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.