Microsoft 365 Business Overview

Microsoft 365 Business is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools. It is most often compared to Liferay Digital Experience Platform: Microsoft 365 Business vs Liferay Digital Experience Platform

What is Microsoft 365 Business?

Microsoft 365 Business is an integrated solution, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security and device management capabilities to help safeguard your business.

Microsoft 365 Business is also known as Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft 365 F1.

Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Microsoft 365 Business Customers

Urban Agriculture Co., The Detroit Wallpaper Co., TransBlue Facility Management, Garner Food Company

Microsoft 365 Business Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft 365 Business pricing:
  • "Pricing can vary a lot due to fluctuations in exchange rates and that is not favorable for planning."
  • "Microsoft 365 Business will be good to have if you have a large organization where you have more than 3000 employees. Other cheaper solutions, like Gmail, are easily available in the market."
  • "USD $1,250 annually for the standard package."
  • "Now you can select different licenses, for example, if somebody doesn't need all of the features, it would cost $8 USD per month and if they didn't need the email application then it would cost $6 USD per month."
  • "We do monthly billing, however, I'm not sure what the exact costs are. We may pay around $1,000/month. We started using the Microsoft Teams and we've started doing the conference call feature, so that's another $4 an account and we have a few accounts using that right now."
  • "It works out to be $12.50 per user per month."

Microsoft 365 Business Reviews

Danilo Jumá
Director Comercial at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 23, 2020
Onscreen help and an improved user interface make this suite an improved standard business solution

What is our primary use case?

I am not a technical person, I am from the sales side and more on the commercial side of things. Our company is in Mozambique and we are the main Dell EMC repair center and service provider. My main use case for Office 365 is really to type documents with Word, to prepare presentations with the PowerPoint, and also to do spreadsheets with Excel. The product in the suite that I use the most is Word. PowerPoint and Excel to a somewhat lesser extent. But I do use all three frequently. We also resell the product so we do deployments for our customers as well.

• "The interface is now more user-friendly than the previous versions of Microsoft Office."
  • "Bandwidth usage is not always the same depending on the network connection."

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the Microsoft Office 365 product to clients. We are able to do proofs-of-concept with clients who are interested and carry forward from there. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Microsoft Office 365 as eight-and-a-half.
reviewer1408488
Project Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 27, 2020
Good product with many solutions but has a lot of bugs and needs some enhancements

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using Microsoft 365 Business purely as a mailing solution and just for storing the data on OneDrive.

• "Microsoft 365 Business is a really good product. Microsoft provides many solutions like Microsoft Teams, which is useful for Team utilization across the globe, especially in this COVID 19 kind of scenario. If you enable the enhanced security in Microsoft Teams by using the given options, you can eliminate the third-party solutions like WhatsApp, Telegram. You can easily share your communication, which is much better. You can also collaborate. For example, instead of creating an Excel sheet on your local PC and sending it across to someone over email, you can just share it. SharePoint is one of the best tools to be implemented."
  • "There are a lot of bugs, which I don't know how many people have come across. In Microsoft Teams, when you share any screen, I can't see much because the Microsoft Teams Window takes the majority of the space. A task section comes up and then below the screen, a list with the names of the people you are collaborating with comes up. When you have to share the screen, you get a small window, which also depends on the screen resolution of the person seeing it and sharing it. You basically need to have an extendable monitor and display unit to see the bigger screen. There should be a full functionality for changing the desktop screen to full screen. That would really be fantastic. This is surely going to be a critical area. If you see Zoom and Cisco WebEx, you get the full wider screen. In Microsoft Teams, voice quality can be made much better. I think the codex part can be something on which they can work further. In Microsoft Outlook, the GUI is years old, which is boring and makes you want to switch to the postal way of sending emails. They must change the GUI. I am a bit skeptical about the promises that are made by Microsoft. Even though Microsoft makes promises that your data will reside on the servers within your country. I don't think it is so, and the corporate data, the governmental data, and the patient data are still in Europe. In terms of the land laws, even if I have an agreement with Microsoft that my data should not be shared with any other countries, at the end of the day, the data is residing on some other land. So, the land laws of that particular country have the right to have access to the data that is residing on the server of a particular continent. So, the government can intercept the data. That's why I'm a bit skeptical. However, so far, no cases have come up related to this, but one day, it may come up. I hope Microsoft will find out a permanent solution for that. People are becoming more aware of privacy."

What other advice do I have?

Even though this is the year of the cloud, I will suggest that instead of the cloud deployment, go for the in-house deployment. Microsoft 365 Business is the best when your business is growing up and you want to collaborate using these tools. In my current organization, we don't explore Microsoft 365 Business much. If you see the Microsoft product portfolio, our utilization is just 10% as of now, which probably is applicable to most of the organizations. It is being used just for mailing and the ATP. Our administrators haven't enabled anything else and aren't interested. The joint…
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Justine Rowland
Business Intelligence Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Jul 30, 2020
Great architecture, easy and intuitive with a competitive pricing structure

What is our primary use case?

As a business intelligence specialist and business owner, I primarily use the standard apps in this solution. I enjoy the fact that there's a smorgasbord of additional apps that make for great productivity within the business - especially when you realize what all the apps can do for your business.

• "Cost-saving, easy and intuitive"
  • "No assistance with initial setup."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.
Imad Awwad
Group IT Manager For ME Region at Malia Group
Aug 24, 2020
Good collaboration in office applications that are consolidated in a single interface

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for everything, the task, and the teams. It is a collaboration of all of the applications that are found in Office 365, but with one interface in which you can communicate between people. We have some that have been deployed on a hybrid cloud, others that are just cloud, and some that are hybrids with an Active Directory that is on-premises and connected through Windows Azure. It connects to the cloud to sync all of the users from our campus. For email assistance, or SharePoint or for sharing drives, it is all the cloud.

• "You can have conference calls with different parties using video and voice."
  • "The security sites need to be simplified and the technical support needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This solution requires a lot of money. It's a huge expense and it's a concurrent expense. You don't just pay it once, it's going to be continuous and you pay annually. Unless there is a huge impact on the business, then it would be worth going for it. If there is no impact on the business then you can use it on-premises and work with the old office. I would recommend this solution for newly opening businesses that need collaboration and communication that requires the internet but doesn't need a fixed place to work. They should go with Office 365. They are going to pay every year but they will…
Marty Rizzo
President at Northcoast Research
Jul 14, 2020
Seamless outsourcing of email servers, very scalable, and overall quite reliable

What is our primary use case?

The main thing we use the solution for is being able to outsource everything in the cloud while having the Exchange hosted. Having the Exchange and not having to manage the server and being able to deploy it wherever we have to is useful. We did have a number of people that traveled frequently prior to COVID. We have a handful of people that work out of their homes in various parts of the country, so having solutions that were accessible via the cloud was sort of a direction we started to migrate to several years ago in the Office 365 environment.

• "The two biggest value adds of the solution are having the ability to outsource the email and not having to manage the email server. It's just seamless. Having the most current versions all around and having things updating frequently by themselves ensures that everybody's got access to the same software."
  • "The ability to manage the updates a little better would be helpful. Sometimes end-users will get a prompt in the middle of the day that they have to update. When there's a new update, then their system automatically starts to reboot, which can be ill-timed. Having a little more control over that would probably be welcome. Notices in regards to updates and being able to manage the timing around them or to be able to do it at off-times would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

We're Microsoft customers. We aren't resellers or consultants. We have a fairly robust version of the solution, although I don't recall the exact version number offhand. In terms of what I would advise other organizations, I would say it's worthwhile and I would do it as quickly as you can because for what you get, it's a really good bang for the buck while being pretty easy to use. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Calvin David
Director - Digitization at KYC Technologies Botswana
Aug 24, 2020
Robust platform for office procedure including document sharing, with excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our office administration purposes, emailing, and document sharing.

• "The most valuable features are that it is quite robust and is a collaborative model."
  • "I would like to be able to connect Power BI to data sources easily."

What other advice do I have?

We have a setup file that we are running on our systems but most of the functionalities and features are from the cloud. I would recommend this solution. The challenges with technologies are very dynamic. It changes daily based on the requirements and the scope. If we look at the world right now, we are moving towards digital platforms at our premises due to the non-contact, issues of working from home, being able to pay people, and needing to have meetings. Proof of concept is okay when you are trying to purchase or have a trial to purchase. You start the first month on a free platform. It is…
reviewer1374315
Manager, IT Special Projects at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Aug 11, 2020
Very stable, easy to access, and has a pretty simple set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile device management, among other things. We use the Suite, Sharepoint and Microsoft Exchange. We use Mircosoft for everything.

• "It's great that one user can log onto many different devices."
  • "The solution's ability to scale could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft. We're working on the latest version of the solution. We get the latest version each time it comes out. Overall, I'd recommend the solution. It's been very good to us so far and we like the way it functions. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
Alex Broder
Product Manager at RAD Data Communications
Aug 23, 2020
This is a familiar suite of business tools that you can install and use without training

What is our primary use case?

We take care of our business tasks and communications using the full office environment.

• "Microsoft products are familiar to most users and intuitive to use."
  • "The Teams feature should be more flexible in integrating with other communications products."

What other advice do I have?

Overall I am satisfied with Office 365. It is a very convenient and common product — so nothing special to give advice about that most people do not already know. You really do not need any tools, any skills, or any special training to start using it. Of course, later on, you can learn about some tips and tricks to enhance your experience and productivity. But in general, it is very nice. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a nine-out-of-ten.
See 19 more Microsoft 365 Business Reviews