Owen  Lagunday
Industry Manager at Geodata Systems
Scalable with a recognizable interface and great stability

• "We're very comfortable with the solution. Since we've been used the product for so long, we're very comfortable with its functionalities."
  • "The only problem with 365 nowadays is that it expires."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the solution for business applications. I'm using MS Word, PowerPoint  and Excel and the way I'm using it, it provides me with what I need to do my work.

What is most valuable?

We're very comfortable with the solution. Since we've been using the product for so long, we're very comfortable with its functionalities.

The solution is scalable.

The stability is good.

One thing that's nice with Office applications, Excel, PowerPoint,  is that  Microsoft and Esri, the manufacturer of ArcGIS, based in California, they have collaboration that provides ArcGIS tools, a mapping technology, within MS Office software.  You can easily drag maps into PowerPoint, for example, or use ArcGIS in Excel to put location context to information. You can immediately access ArcGIS while working within the environment of these tools provided that ArcGIS is on board as well.

Office applications have been the dominant application for business. In the Philippines, most of the applications are in the MS Office suite. One would want to build skills on these tools as they are what is required and in use in organizations. Doing this increases qualification.

What needs improvement?

The only problem with 365 nowadays is that it expires. Unlike before, when it would not, nowadays, most of the different tools, most of the computer applications licenses, expires. Even outside of the GIS, Geographic Information System, nowadays in the past couple of years, most of our products also expires.

We've been using the solution for four or five years or so. I've used it for a while.

The solution is stable. This based from our experiences in using it over the past three decades. It's very reliable.

In terms of the number of licenses, it is scalable. For example, if now you're using an Office application for five users, then you have the option to increase the number of licenses, to ten or 20 or more. It goes as big as you need it to.

I've never directly dealt with Microsoft technical support. We have an internal ITP for that, which provides us with support. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

Before Office 365, we used Microsoft products for a very long time. There's no problem with anything. From the old Office applications to 365, we have had Microsoft in our business for a very long time already.

What other advice do I have?

We are an end-user as well as a partner. We had a partnership before as a developer.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're pretty happy with its capabilities.

MA
Senior DBA & IT Consultant at MA Consulting
A stable and scalable solution with straightforward use and installation and good tech support

• "The solution is nice and straightforward."
  • "There is an error in the languages which creates a very big problem."

What is our primary use case?

Everyone in our organization uses Office, including PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook.

What is most valuable?

The solution is nice and straightforward. They are in the process of expanding everything to the mobile to allow for integration between it.

What needs improvement?

The acrylic solution could be improved. There is an error in the languages which creates a very big problem. In Hebrew one writes from right to left, not the converse. Customers receive emails in which the English word appears at the beginning instead of the end. This makes reading challenging. There is still an issue with the Greek language.

We have been using Microsoft 365 Business since the beginning.

The solution is very stable.

Thes solution is scalable.

The technical support, being Microsoft, is good. Usually, there are no problems with the solution, as it is used by everybody, from secretaries to professionals.

As the solution is cloud-based, the installation is straightforward.

The licensing costs are not expensive. The prices are okay. Nowadays, Office 365 is available and I see companies working with this. It can also be rented monthly or bought on-premises.

The payment terms can vary. One who rents Office 365 will accrue a monthly cost. One who rents the on-premises version of Office from Microsoft, as opposed to its cloud-based counterpart, will have the option of paying for it annually or purchasing a single license with support.

Microsoft offers many features. When one buys a Microsoft license, he pays for everything inclusively, including Windows, Office, databases, BI and other Microsoft solutions. Everything is visible. One does not pay for the individual components but for the solution itself.

What other advice do I have?

Everybody uses Office. I am not aware of a single customer who does not. I think this rule applies to everyone in Israel uniformly.

The number of people using the solution matches the size of the population in the country.

I don't believe that use of Microsoft 365 Business over some other solution is really optional. This said, those using Apple or Mac have the option of going with OpenOffice, but 99 percent of the Israeli market goes with Microsoft and Windows, in which Office comes bundled in it. Perhaps in the United States this is different, as they have a much greater propensity to use Mac.

I rate Microsoft 365 Business as a ten out of ten. everyone uses it and there is really no alternative available. While the market makes available other choices, they cannot compete with Microsoft. There is the OpenOffice option, which I believe is employed with Mac and Apple.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SD
Assistant Manager System at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable and reliable with the potential to scale

• "The stability and reliability are great."
  • "There are sometimes problems with incompatibility issues with other types of software."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for a variety of tasks, from meetings and documents to file sharing.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very scalable.

The stability and reliability are great.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, the solution can be more scalable. Sometimes the app crashes in between calls and sometimes it hangs.

There are other kinds of problems with incompatibility issues with other types of software.

I've used the solution for five years. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. However, we have had issues with it crashing and hanging in some cases, however, that might have to do with its general scalability.

The solution is typically very scalable. It's a cloud-based solution. Therefore, it can be scaled to any number of employees. However, we have had issues with it hanging or crashing, and we're not sure if this is based on the scaling or not.

We have hundreds of thousands of people in our organization. Pretty much everyone uses it.

I have never asked for any tech support, as we have our internal support team for Office 365, then most of the time, they are able to resolve anything. If they are not able to resolve it, we are not aware of that.

We have used some Google applications and other conferencing platforms, such as Skype.

I'm not really aware of the installation process, as we are at the end-user side, however, the services of the cloud are separate in the way that it is installed. We get our client software installed in our office machine, and therefore, we are not aware of the installation part as well. It's just on the machines and ready to go for us.

The company purchases bulk licenses. However, I'm not sure how much they are. I don't deal with buying or negotiating the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and I use it for business purposes.

We are always on the latest version of the solution, as we are on the cloud, which is continuously and automatically updated.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies, and most organizations are already using it. However, it depends upon the company, and how the security policy is, and whether they want to use a public cloud-based solution or not.

VC
CEO at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, very scalable, easy to set up, and extremely useful for office productivity

• "Microsoft Teams is most valuable. It is a great product, and it has really been very valuable for us during the pandemic. It enabled good collaboration. Even after the pandemic, we will continue to use Microsoft Team in our organization. They are continuously improving the product, which is a very positive thing."
  • "It should have better pricing. It is a monopoly product for Microsoft, and I don't think they will change the pricing. They do not offer any discount."

What is our primary use case?

It has Exchange, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It also has SharePoint that is used for sharing documents. It has Microsoft Teams, which is used for collaboration. All these are extremely useful for office productivity.

How has it helped my organization?

We have recently increased its usage. We are also using Microsoft Teams now. We are very happy with this solution, particularly with Microsoft Teams because it has enabled us to collaborate very well with our colleagues during the pandemic. The collaboration within the company has been really great through Microsoft Teams

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Teams is most valuable. It is a great product, and it has really been very valuable for us during the pandemic. It enabled good collaboration. Even after the pandemic, we will continue to use Microsoft Teams in our organization.

They are continuously improving the product, which is a very positive thing.

What needs improvement?

It should have better pricing. It is a monopoly product for Microsoft, and I don't think they will change the pricing. They do not offer any discount.

We have been using it for a long time.

It is quite stable.

It is very scalable. For MS Office Business, we have 70 to 80 users. We are also using basic MS Office that has online Word and Excel. We have a total of about 350 users.

We didn't need any support so far. We are a tech company, and we are able to solve 99% of problems at our end. We don't have to go to Microsoft.

We have tried different online products for office tools, but nothing matches the quality of Office 365.

Because it is in the cloud, you can access it through a browser. There is also an application for Microsoft Teams. You just have to download the application and log in. It connects to the cloud server, and you can start using it.

It is certainly expensive, but you need it, so you pay for it. There is not much price negotiation, but the product is good. We're going to keep using it despite it being expensive. There isn't any good alternative.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. We'll continue to use it. We have also started to use Power BI.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

OV
OEM Medical & Defense Business Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Poor performance, not as good on the cloud, and offers lower quality than an on-premises version

• "The installation process is straightforward."
  • "The cloud performance and the ability to work remotely are actually not very good. I prefer to work on-prem on my laptop. The quality is better."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft 365 can be useful for SharePoint, our personal documents, and Outlook, among other applications.

What is most valuable?

The on-prem version is better. I prefer to work directly on my laptop.

The installation process is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I do not like Outlook. They should be able to build something better.

The product could be more stable and the performance could be better.

The cloud performance and the ability to work remotely are actually not very good. I prefer to work on-prem on my laptop. The quality is better.

We just started using this solution. It hasn't been that long yet. It's been a few weeks, or maybe a month so far.

The stability is okay. It could use some improvement. Especially in Outlook. The performance is poor when it comes to the cloud version. I do not like it.

We have about 160,000 users on the solution at this time.

I've never contacted technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they would be as I have no experience dealing with them directly.

We did not use a different solution. We simply used the previous iteration of Microsoft.

The installation is pretty simple. The solution simply runs in the background, and therefore, there's not much needed for a setup.

In my organization, I'm not sure how many people actually handle deployment or maintenance.

I can handle the setup process myself. I did not need the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

I don't handle any licensing or payments related to the solution. I can't speak to how much the solution costs the organization or how often we pay for licenses (whether it is monthly or yearly).

What other advice do I have?

Since we are using the cloud-based version of the solution, we're likely always on the latest iteration. It's probably up-to-date.

I'm not a big fan of the solution, especially the cloud offering. I prefer when it is on my laptop. I do not like working on the cloud. The version just isn't as good. For that reason, I would rate the solution at a four out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution as it's really the only solution on the market.

MP
Managing Director at a sports company with 11-50 employees
Flexible, easy to use, and scales well

• "The product is very flexible."
  • "Microsoft Teams for Mac isn't quite good enough yet."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for just normal Office 365 activities. That includes, for example, emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and that kind of office work.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable and has a good performance.

The product is very flexible.

We've found the solution to be very easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple.

The solution has the capability of scaling quite easily.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall any features that would need to be added to improve the solution. It's quite effective as-is.

Microsoft Teams for Mac isn't quite good enough yet. . Until they find a way of allowing you to send your compute audio during a teams meeting it is useless as a presentation training tool

I've been using the solution for a few years at this point. We've used it since it first was available - since it was launched.

The solution is very stable. Its performance is reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. We've found the stability to be very good overall.

We have seven staff members on the solution so far. Should we expand our workforce, we will expand our usage of this product, meaning we do have plans to scale in the future.

It's a very scalable product. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

I've never had to reach out to technical support and therefore do not have an opinion on how knowledgeable or responsive they are. I can't give any feedback on them.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and simple.

I can't speak to the actual installation process, however. When it was first installed, it was done by a third party IT supplier.

I did not handle the solution's initial setup. A third-party IT supplier handled the implementation.

We do pay a licensing fee in order to use the product. I cannot speak to the exact cost.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I primarily use the desktop version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

It's an excellent product and we've enjoyed its overall capabilities.

I'd recommend the product to other users and organizations.

IM
Senior Advisor at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Has ongoing and fast development and integration with teams

• "Microsoft 365 Business is stable and scalable, and the installation is straightforward as well."
  • "It's still not fully consistent among all the platforms running on Windows and IOS. It's getting better and better, but there's still a lot of consolidation or integration work to be done."

What is our primary use case?

We use the mail client, and we use PowerPoint 365 and Word 365 to produce documents, offers, and documents for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped a lot, especially with all of us working from the home office and still practically being as though we were at work in the office. That's what helped most.

What is most valuable?

The ongoing and fast development and integration with teams have been valuable features.

The cost for licensing is reasonable.

What needs improvement?

Ongoing better integration would be good. It's still not fully consistent among all the platforms running on Windows and IOS. It's getting better and better, but there's still a lot of consolidation or integration work to be done.

More easily accessible training modules would be good to have. They exist, but you have to search for them. Ongoing user support and ongoing learning and education in the product, without being offensive, and making that access easier would be a big advantage over today's product. It should not be an aggressive offering, but it should be easy to find so that we don't have to dig for it.

I've been using Microsoft 365 Business for about 5 years.

With a few exceptions, that are actually lower than they used to be when Microsoft 365 Business was run on-premises, it is very stable.

We are a company of over 1,000 people, so we don't have any scalability problems. I have been in a mid-sized company or at the lower end of an enterprise with 10,000 people, and we had no scalability issues at all.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The licensing cost is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at eight on a scale from one to ten.

There are still a lot of companies, especially small ones, that still rely on on-premises or on a small partner that delivers old style Windows Office environments hosted somewhere locally. I would really encourage all of them to move to Microsoft 365, maybe coached or managed by a third-party. I would suggest that they think in this new style and help and support the use of Microsoft 365, an IT commodity, and not think the old way that it has to be installed and maintained the old way.

MP
Managing Director at a sports company with 11-50 employees
Flexible, stable, and very user friendly

• "The flexibility of the solution is excellent."
  • "Microsoft Teams for Mac isn't good enough just yet. It's an aspect of the solution they can still work on."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for many office tasks which are normal Office 365 activities. This includes emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and those sorts of tasks.

What is most valuable?

The applications across office tasks are very helpful. Being able to make spreadsheets and presentations and using its email services are all very helpful.

The solution is very stable. The performance is good.

The flexibility of the solution is excellent.

We've found that the solution is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and isn't overly technical.

The initial setup is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

I cannot recall coming across missing features. I don't have an opinion on what they should add to future releases.

We've basically used the solution since the very beginning. It's been a few years at this point.

We have found the stability to be very good. The performance is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease.

We have about seven people on the solution, currently.

We do plan to increase usage if and when we do add staff to our organization.

I've never actually been in contact with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are. I simply don't any experience with them.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It's very straightforward. It's easy. It shouldn't be too difficult for a company to set everything up.

I cannot recall the amount of time it took to deploy.

When it was first installed, it was done by a third-party IT supplier. I wasn't a part of the implementation.

We do pay a licensing fee to Microsoft. I can't speak to the exact cost. I cannot say if it is paid monthly or yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using primarily the desktop version.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.