TM
Vice President, Information Technology and Project Management Office at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
The ability to send a device out to someone and have it auto-provision is fantastic

• "The ability to send an iPad out to someone and have them auto-provision it when they are out in the field is fantastic. We don't have to have it all configured before we ship it. This is probably the biggest value add."
  • "We opted to go with Microsoft Intune because it just seemed to be a more mature and comprehensive enterprise solution, whereas IBM MaaS360 didn't seem to have the necessary breadth to manage all of our equipment. Along with laptops, I've had some BYODs. IBM MaaS360 just didn't seem as mature in our assessment."

What is our primary use case?

We use IBM MaaS360 for the iPads of our field sales reps. We use it to ensure that they are only using authorized apps, and these apps are maintained and have the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The ability to send an iPad out to someone and have them auto-provision it when they are out in the field is fantastic. We don't have to have it all configured before we ship it. This is probably the biggest value add.

What needs improvement?

Our company was founded in May of last year, and we launched our sales force in September of last year. We have been using IBM MaaS360 since then, that is, for more than a year. We are using the latest version.

It is stable.

It is scalable for the field sales reps. It didn't seem to be as scalable for the enterprise across multiple platforms. We have around 70 users.

What other advice do I have?

We have IBM MaaS360 for our iPads, but we are using Microsoft Intune for our laptops and our BYODs. When our licensing expires, we will migrate our iPads from IBM MaaS360 to Microsoft Intune.

Considering that we are moving to Microsoft Intune, I should ideally not recommend this solution, but there's no reason to not recommend it for the iPads of your sales force. It is a very standard solution. There is lots of knowledge out there and lots of resources who are experts in the solution. It is not a bad solution to use. If I had just the sales force, using IBM MaaS360 is a great way to manage their iPads.

I would rate IBM MaaS360 an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
AG
Network Security Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A stable and scalable solution with an easy setup

• "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The price could be lower."

What is our primary use case?

I am using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

For the moment, we utilize the solution solely for iPads, although we also meet the requirements to satisfy our desire to use it for laptops. There are plans for its use with BYOD and for Intunes. The feasibility and cost per user is worthy of examination.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the solution is good, although I have not conducted a detailed examination of it. This said, I feel the pricing to be very high.

I have been using IBM MaaS360 for a long time, probably five or six years.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is scalable.

The solution's technical support is okay.

The initial setup is not complex.

The price could be lower. It is excessively high.

What other advice do I have?

While the solution is currently deployed on-premises, we have plans to move to the cloud, which is why we plan to go with Intune.

We have a partnership with the vendors.

While I feel the solution to be fine, better ones do exist, Intunes, for examples, which, features aside, is quite similar.

I rate IBM MaaS360 as an eight out of ten.