IC
ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good performance, user-friendly, and suitable for every organization

• "It is easy to use and user-friendly. Its performance is also good."
  • "Their support could be improved. They should pick the right people who are capable of resolving technical issues."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for many things such as productivity, collaboration, document management system, and apps development. They have a suite of applications.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and user-friendly. Its performance is also good.

What needs improvement?

Their support should be improved. They should pick the right people who are capable of resolving technical issues.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. In my company, we have up to 60 user accounts.

Their support should be improved. They should have people who understand what you want and are capable of resolving the issues.

The installation depends on the person who is deploying. You must have the required skills. If you don't have, you should leverage people who have the required skill. It is not a Microsoft issue. They provide the tools and documentation for the installation.

It doesn't take much time. You get the domain name ready and prepare for the subscription or the plan that you want. Microsoft will activate it quickly for you.

We did it ourselves.

It is basically software as a service. So, you pay for the software subscription. The price is based on the plan you choose. You can also leverage the help of cloud service providers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is good and suitable for every organization. You have a complete suite that enables you to automate your business processes and be productive.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a 10 out of 10.

DD
Manager Technical Procurement & Logistics - Global IT at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature-rich and promotes collaboration, but the technical support needs improvement

• "It is a collaborative platform, so you can do everything in one place."
  • "n the future, a dashboard should be included."

What is our primary use case?

Our main uses for this product are PowerPoint Slides, Excel, and Word. There are the main business use cases. We also use Outlook, Skype for Business, and Teams.

What is most valuable?

All of the individual features and components are good, although the one that I like best is Microsoft Teams.

It is a collaborative platform, so you can do everything in one place.

What needs improvement?

In Microsoft Teams, there is a lot of opportunities to improve. For example, search capabilities should be improved. When performing a search within Teams, it should also search through Outlook, files, and the other areas of the system. This is something that is missing within the collaboration platform.

In the future, a dashboard should be included.

We have been using Microsoft 365 Business for almost two years.

So far, this product has been stable and we have not experienced any challenges.

We have more than 2,400 users and do not have plans to increase usage.

The technical support is pathetic.

The current deployment that we have was quite simple. However, we are planning to integrate it with Cisco, and once that is complete, we will know how complex it is.

This is an expensive product because it is subscription-based, which is always more expensive than a perpetual license.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Microsoft 365 Business is to have some in-house capability, as we do. This is the best way to engage with this product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DS
Technical Director at a security firm with 51-200 employees
A perfect and feature-rich product with best technical support and straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for all products inside this package, such as online SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.

What is most valuable?

I like everything. For me, this is a perfect product. It is rich in terms of features, and new functionalities are available very often. It is super straightforward to install, and their technical support is the best that I've ever seen.

What needs improvement?

It could be cheaper, but I don't know if this is possible.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have around 70 users. In one company, we have around 20…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It could be cheaper, but I don't know if this is possible.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have around 70 users. In one company, we have around 20 users, and in another company, we have around 50 users. We will keep using this solution.

Their technical support is very good. It is the best I've ever seen. I have not received such a level of support for any product that I have used in the past. Their response time is less than half an hour after the first call. Sometimes, I have received a call back in 10 minutes. Their knowledge and support are at a high-level.

Its installation is super straightforward. The deployment duration depends on the number of users.

I installed it myself.

It could be cheaper. Its licensing is on a yearly basis.

We didn't evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others. I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

AA
Technical Sales Specialist at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Office 365 is cloud-based, the full-featured experience can be accessed from anywhere, on any device, as long as they're online.

• "It's strictly in the cloud, so the company doesn't need to invest in hardware to install their Active Directory. So I find that it's a cost-effective alternative."
  • "I'd like to see a more customizable interface. We're used to seeing Office 365 with a white background and black foreground, and I'm aware that you can customize 365 to change it to a black background. but I want more options aside from the standard settings."

What is our primary use case?

Myself and my colleagues have been using Microsoft 365 for our real-time communication (Teams), social networks, mailing, document processing and much more.

My company has employee of almost 600 staff across regions.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 Business has helped my organization get organized using email, calendar and contacts all perfectly synchronized with a real time collaboration.

What is most valuable?

It's strictly in the cloud, so the company doesn't need to invest in hardware to install their Active Directory. So I find that it's a cost-effective alternative. I see what's going on in Microsoft DevOps to be very intriguing. We have artificial intelligence and machine learning that can help us with everything, like how you respond to daily emails, collaboration, etc.

What needs improvement?

It will be nice if the constant/regular updates can be minimized  and I also notice that the application is highly resource intensive and needs to be checked.

Microsoft also need to find a way to educate their customers on how best to utilize their paid apps because they hardly use up to 20% of the features.

I've been exposed to the usage of Microsoft Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) Business as far back as 2012 in my former company. And the application suite has continued to improve from time to time with a lot of outstanding features releases.

It's relative stable

Microsoft 365 Business is scalable

What other advice do I have?

I give 365 Business an eight out of 10.

FD
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable solution with good integration with Outlook, automatic updates, and all the features that I need

• "What I like is that Office 365 is nicely integrated with our email application Outlook. We also don't have to worry about updates. They are free, and they just happen automatically."
  • "I am pretty happy with its features. However, it could be cheaper for long-term business use."

What is our primary use case?

We are basically using the Office products. We are using Word for business documents, Excel for spreadsheets, and Powerpoint for presentations.

What is most valuable?

What I like is that Office 365 is nicely integrated with our email application Outlook. We also don't have to worry about updates. They are free, and they just happen automatically.

What needs improvement?

I am pretty happy with its features. However, it could be cheaper for long-term business use.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is absolutely stable. There are no issues with that.

I suppose it is scalable because you can install it on more laptops with just additional licenses. It seems pretty easy to manage. I don't manage it myself, so I'm not sure.

We have between 15 and 20 users in our organization who use this solution.

I have not used Microsoft support because I never had any issues.

I believe so. I think you log in to Office 365, and it installs the stuff for you.

It was already preloaded when I got the laptop. You don't need anyone from the technical team for its deployment.

It is probably not cheap, but you can't really compare it with anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It has everything that I need, and I plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

DanielNdiba
Technology Security Specialist at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, implementation straightforward, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use a lot of the applications that come with Microsoft 365 Business, such as Sharepoint, Teams, and Outlook.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft 365 Business is easy to use. Most companies use Microsoft Windows as an operating system making the use of this solution straightforward. There is a small learning curve and it is something everyone can adapt to easily.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately six years.

I would recommend this solution to others and we plan to continue using it in the future. I have found Microsoft 365 Business to be stable.

Microsoft 365 Business is…

What is most valuable?

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately six years.

I have found Microsoft 365 Business to be stable.

Microsoft 365 Business is scalable.

We have approximately 6,000 using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is very responsive and they have different levels of support. However, the response time depends on the license that has been purchased.

When I joined this organization they had already installed Microsoft 365 Business, but the project took approximately six months. I have now onboarded the solution across the organization. Microsoft 365 Business is on the cloud making the installation straightforward. The deployment does not take a long time, you have to take time to migrate all of the users which was done in a phased approach. It took about six months to migrate everyone.

We have a team of five administrators that do the maintenance of the solution.

The price of the license for Microsoft 365 Business can be expensive for smaller businesses and should be adjusted. The overall pricing model can be improved upon.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

HH
Project Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, good interface, and good performance, but needs better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use it for normal office applications.

What is most valuable?

Its interface looks clean, and its performance seems quite fast. It is faster than our previous app.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be better for companies that are not using it massively.

We started to use it around last year.

It is stable.

I don't know if it is scalable or not. In terms of users, we are in the transition process to upgrade to this solution. Currently, not all users are using it. If it is given to our whole staff, we would have 30,000 users. We plan to keep using this solution and expand its usage. …

What is our primary use case?

We use it for normal office applications.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its price could be better for companies that are not using it massively.

We started to use it around last year.

It is stable.

We have our own technical team, and we contact them for any issues. If they need further help with a specific issue, they contact Microsoft support.

We have been using only Microsoft products. We were earlier using the other version of Office.

It was done by our technical team. We don't need a team to manage this. We just need to manage the license and contract. We have a small team that does the license and contract management.

We have an enterprise license, and we get some price off for that. Its price could be better for companies that are not using it massively.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a seven out of ten.

OX
Investment Analyst at a venture capital & private equity firm with 11-50 employees
Stable, easy to access, and easy to use

• "The solution has been quite stable."
  • "Occasionally, it does go down, however, for the most part, it's fine."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for access to Outlook and One Drive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that it is one the cloud and we can access it from there, which allows us access from anywhere.

The solution has been quite stable.

The solution has been very easy to use overall.

What needs improvement?

We haven't really had any issues with the solution.

Occasionally, it does go down, however, for the most part, it's fine.

The process should be a bit more seamless.

In general, I've been using the solution for ten years or so.

The stability is fine, although we have lost connectivity in the past. We just have to restart it and find that it is pretty easy to restart everything.

I haven't dealt with technical support in the past. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

However, if I run into any issues, I will often go to Google or the Microsoft website. I find it's pretty easy to find answers to the questions I have online, and therefore do not really need technical support.

We do need to pay a licensing fee, however, I'm unsure as to what the exact cost is or if the fees are paid monthly or annually.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. If the process was a bit more seamless, I'd give it a perfect score. However, for the most part, I'm happy with the capabilities.