MG
Information Management Specialist at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use, scalable, and offers good technical support

• "The solution is easy to use."
  • "The solution needs to offer more integration capabilities with other systems and applications."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the product for business purposes. We use it mainly for Outlook and Microsoft applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

You can scale the solution.

The installation is very easy and we found the deployment to be very fast.

Technical support has been helpful in the past when we have needed to reach out.

What needs improvement?

The product would be better if you could scale it more.

The solution needs to offer more integration capabilities with other systems and applications.

I've been using the solution for a few years now. It's been a while. It's not a new solution for me.

While you can scale the product to a certain extent, we would like to see more scalability potential.

We have 350 people using the solution currently.

I've contacted technical support in the past. They're good. I found them to be helpful and responsive. I'm satisfied with the level of support I can get when I need to.

We previously used an earlier version of Microsoft. We always use Microsoft. We did not use another kind of product before this.

The installation process is very straightforward. It's not difficult or complex.

The deployment happens quickly. We had it up and running in maybe ten to 15 minutes.

I've handled the installation on my own laptop in the past. I know how to install it. I don't need the assistance of a consultant or an integration. That said, for my company, for those types of business installations, I did not handle the setup directly.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the latest version. It's updated automatically. We do not need to update it manually.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. If it offered more integration with other applications, I'd rate it higher.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

AL
Test Automation Lead at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good communication features and good scalability

• "The solution has a lot of great useful features for communication."
  • "The enterprise version should only contain enterprise features and not other items that aren't business-related items."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for a variety of work processes. I use it for my daily communication. We use the chat functionality, doing video calls, and other Microsoft-related things.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution so far.

The solution is scalable.

The solution has a lot of great useful features for communication.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more streamlined. The enterprise version should only contain enterprise features and not other items that aren't business-related items.

I've used the solution for a few years. I've used the solution for as long as I've worked with the company I'm at now. It's been a while.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. The performance is good. We don't worry about it crashing or freezing.

The solution has been scalable so far. We have no problems expanding it.

I'm not sure how many actual users are in our organization.

I haven't contacted technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I was not personally involved in the setup process. I cannot speak to how easy or difficult the implementation would have been. I am unsure of if it was difficult, or easy, for example.

I have not handled anything related to costs.

I don't handle the licensing aspect of the solution. Therefore, I cannot speak to how much the company pays in order to use the product.

What other advice do I have?

My understanding is that we are using the cloud deployment model, or maybe a hybrid. Some parts are cloud, some parts are local.

We're using the latest version of the solution at this time. However, I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We have been happy with how it works in general.

I would recommend this solution to other users and companies.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pedro Coelho
Associate Partner at Inodev
A great solution for file sharing, project management, emailing, meetings, and more

• "Integrating products and the overall communication between all functionalities is superb."
  • "The pricing model could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Teams for organizing projects. We also use it for conference calls and integration with OneDrive and SharePoint, etc. As we also have an account in Dropbox for file sharing, we're duplicating costs. For this reason, we'll probably abandon Dropbox and convert everything to OneDrive and SharePoint. It must be SharePoint because it is above one data byte. We have to make the structure in SharePoint and migrate it. In short, we use it for file sharing, project management, emailing, meetings, and so on.

There are eight people in our company who use this solution — we have eight licenses. The technical team consists of just me for the time being.

We plan to expand our use of this solution — we are contracting people. Within one or two years, we will probably double the number of licenses we have.

What is most valuable?

It's integrated and the file version control is quite good. Integrating products and the overall communication between all functionalities is superb. As it's part of Excel, Word, and Outlook, it's quite easy for everyone to catch up.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

Microsoft 365 Business is stable.

I've used a lot of products, including OpenOffice and other products for macOS applications.

I find that Microsoft is more integrated. That's why it's easier to use Microsoft instead of the other ones.

The initial installation is quite simple. It's probably one of the most simple installations I've encountered. The overall setup took roughly two hours.

I installed this solution by myself.

The pricing model could be improved. Microsoft is always splitting the pricing for a lot of add-ons — it's complex to manage. Still, the licenses are available for a fair price.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Ryan Schaenman`
Product Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good functionality, with little to no maintenance required but it doesn't transfer well with Google Docs

• "It works as expected."
  • "As an example, there isn't a clean transfer to a Google Doc outside of hosting it as a .docx file."

What is our primary use case?

I work with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well.

I use Microsoft 365 Business for content creation.

What is most valuable?

I like the base functionality. It works as expected.

I'm not going to say I got wowed by it. It is something that has always been presented to me as the product to use.

Over the years, I have become familiar with it and I feel comfortable using it.

What needs improvement?

As an example, there isn't a clean transfer to a Google Doc outside of hosting it as a .docx file. That seems to be the functionality that would probably have to be updated on a Google Docs side, and not necessarily Microsoft 365.

I have been using this solution for several years. It's been since elementary school.

I haven't had any issues with the stability of Microsoft 365 Business. It has worked as expected without giving me any major issues.

It's a scalable solution.

Virtually everybody in the organization is using this solution. Outside of maybe a couple of people on the engineering team, only because they are not responsible for the content creation.

We have approximately 75 people in our organization who use this solution.

I have not had to contact technical support. I haven't had any real issues. If anyone has any questions, they just ask me, but I am not the official administrator for the product.

It pretty much just sits alone. We don' really require anyone to maintain this solution.

I don't have any information on the pricing. I do not administer the license, that falls with the CFO.

What other advice do I have?

You know exactly what you are going to get whenever you use it. It won't necessarily wow you but it gets you from point A to point B, and that is what is important.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a seven out of ten.

AV
Information Systems Computer System Controller at a insurance company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, stable, and offers good performance

• "The performance is good."
  • "The pricing and licensing format could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

It primarily allows us to run our organization. We use applications on is, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good.

The solution is stable.

The product is pretty scalable.

We have a lot of documents, et cetera, on the solution and wouldn't want to change to another product.

What needs improvement?

The pricing and licensing format could be improved.

While we've used Microsoft for a while, we started using the solution for about two or so years at this point. It hasn't been that long.

The performance is good. It's stable. There aren't any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We use the solution for all of our employees. We have around 1500 right now on the product.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

It can scale. If a company wants to expand it, it can do so.

While we haven't used the technical support specifically for this product, it's my understanding that it's the same as any Microsoft product in terms of quality and accessibility.

We have used the solution for so long, we aren't even considering looking at another solution.

The initial setup isn't overly difficult. The first time you do it, it's so so. However, a company shouldn't have too much trouble with the setup process.

We've gotten used to the pricing.

We pay for the license by the user. However, it's not just the licenses we have to pay for.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution so far. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

SK
Project Specialist at integra software
Easy to use, stable, and has very good technical support

• "The solution can scale well. A company can easily expand it."
  • "The solution could work to offer better security."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for office purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

It has some very good applications.

We've found the solution to be stable. Its performance is good.

The solution can scale well. A company can easily expand it.

The technical support on offer is very good. We find them helpful and reliable.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

The solution could work to offer better security.

I've been using the solution for many years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. there are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable in terms of performance.

The solution is quite scalable. IF a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 2,000 users on the solution currently.

Technical support has been fine so far. We have no complaints. They are very helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of support we get.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not complex at all. It's very easy and very fast. The deployment does not take long.

I'm able to handle the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of an implementor or a consultant. I was able to handle everything in-house.

The licensing could be better. It's a bit costly.

We pay the license on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We are on the cloud version of the solution. We're always, therefore, on the latest version of the product.

I'd rate the solution at a ten of ten. I'm very pleased with its overall capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users, due to the fact that we have had such a positive experience.

AW
Executive Vice President, Product & Innovations at HGC Global Communications Limited
Scalable with good email features and good stability

• "The solution has been very stable."
  • "If Microsoft could offer more support, that would be ideal."

What is most valuable?

The solution is useful as it offers us the Office Suite and email features. For meetings, it's also useful to have access to Microsoft Teams.

The solution has been very stable.

The scalability is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be a bit complex. There are some advanced features or features not very easy to use. They may be more suited for people who have some IT knowledge.

If Microsoft could offer more support, that would be ideal.

The solution could offer better email security or spam control and anti-phishing features.

I've been using the solution for around two years. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable. The performance is good.

We have found that the solution can scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's easy.

Currently, we have about 500 people using it in our organization.

Microsoft needs to offer better technical support. We are not fully satisfied with the level of service we get.

We did not previously work with anything similar.

Our IT department handles any implementation.

The pricing varies according to which tier you are on. For Business Basic, the pricing is okay, however, for Business Standard or Premium, it's a little bit expensive.

Our company purchases licenses on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users.

We are using the latest version of the product. I cannot speak to the exact version number, however, we are using the Business Standard option.

I would recommend the solution. It's worth trying.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. we've mostly been happy with its capabilities.

GP
Business Transformation and Automation Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Integrates well, easy to use, and a good user experience that promotes collaboration

• "We like anything that enables collaboration. Working on documents in parallel meetings, and online meetings."
  • "The cost estimation can be difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to stay connected, to share documents in a secure way.

What is most valuable?

Compared with others, it has better integration, easier to use, and a better experience.

What needs improvement?

The cost estimation can be difficult.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for two years.

We are using the latest version.

In the two years that we have been using this solution, it has been very stable.

It's a scalable solution.

We have 200 users in our organization.

We plan to continue using this product. Also, part of our company is working in Google. We are planning to move from Google to Microsoft.

Personally, I have not used technical support, but I have not heard any complaints from my colleagues.

We have only tested Microsoft and Google, two years ago.

We use Jira for project management.

We have also been using older versions of Microsoft.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It only takes a matter of minutes to deploy.

We completed the deployment ourselves.

It's pretty difficult to make a cost estimation, in cases where we need additional features.

It might be out of the budget, and sometimes the extra price can surprise you.

I think predictability in terms of costs.

Overall it could be cheaper, as many times the additional features cost a lot and we are thinking twice about using them.

What other advice do I have?

It is very stable, even during the period when everyone was working from home. I would recommend this solution to others. We got great value out of it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.