accessiBe Review

Easy solution to implement that doesn't require web designers or programmers

What is our primary use case?

We furnish websites for our consumers, and accessiBe is a solution that provides compliance with ADA guidelines.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is fully ADA compliant. This is important to our organization because the United States mandates that all websites be ADA compliant.

accessiBe helped our organization get out of an ADA compliance lawsuit by providing documentation and a website audit that we were able to use as our defense.

What is most valuable?

The ease of implementation is the most valuable feature. You just go register on their website and insert the string of code in your header, then you are done. You don't have to download anything. You just simply go and register.

accessiBe enables a user to choose among templates with one click, and thus immediately customizing our site for their particular disability. This allows them to engage with our website where normally they couldn't because of their disability.

The solution enables a user to further tweak the way content is presented on our site. This allows them to consume information that they probably wouldn't be able to consume otherwise.

What needs improvement?

Primarily, the interface of managing your account needs improvement. For example, we have multiple accounts where I need to call or reach out to them manually. It can't be done with the interface.

About a year and a half.

We have not experienced any stability issues with accessiBe.

The solution requires very little to no maintenance. Occasionally, on one of the sites, there might be some type of conflict in the code that won't show up. So, our customer service team will have to debug it, but there is no regular maintenance.

We have deployed it to many sites.

Sometimes, their customer service can be a little slow. Part of it is a time zone issue because they are in another country. While the quality of their support is very good, the timeliness and urgency sometimes could be increased.

We did not use another solution before accessiBe.

It is pretty straightforward to deploy this solution. You register on their website to get it implemented. 95 percent of the time, it is very simple and straightforward. We have only had one or two issues.

We have deployed it to 200 sites. For any given site, it only took a few minutes. accessiBe was then available to people with disabilities in less than an hour, which is significantly less time than if we manually coded it.

We deployed it ourselves.

We did not need to change the layout of our website or hire a web designer when using accessiBe. These factors were very important when choosing to go with this solution because we wanted something turnkey that wouldn't require development.

accessiBe works automatically to make our sites accessible. This has saved us around $300,000, by not having to pay programmers.

The solution has increased the time disabled users spend on our sites by 20 percent.

We looked at AudioEye. The primary reason that we went with accessiBe was, as a company, they were easier to work with. Because we were implementing the solution on several hundred websites, accessiBe just made it easier to get started and integrated. Their pricing was a little more competitive too.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution overall. It provides a good service to our customers, enabling them to not have concerns about clients.

Technically, it is visible to everyone, but you have to expand it to engage with it.

I would rate the solution as a nine out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about accessiBe. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.