AccuRev Review

Has tremendous scaling capacity and all of the functions and features you could need

How has it helped my organization?

The automation has helped to improve my organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Business Process Testing feature, BPT, because it brings in the most revenue.

What needs improvement?

Stability needs improvement. It has some minor defects that could be improved. The biggest issue with this product is not actually the product itself, but the lack of knowledge that customers have regarding what they can do with all of the features. They need to learn how to use and practice some particular functions. They need to learn about risk assessment and other facets. The customer's maturity is not equal to the product's full potential. The customers should get more training.

In the next release, I would like to have a repository for the code which is embedded. Apart from that, it has everything I need.

I have around seventeen years of experience with Micro Focus.

It's 98% stable.

It's 100% percent scalable. I have no problem with that. It has a tremendous capacity.

Everybody uses this solution. The company uses the solution. The users have different roles like business analysts, project managers - everybody is using it.

We do have plans to increase usage as our customer base grows.

I would rate their technical support as eight out of ten. For a simple problem, they are very fast and accurate but for the more complicated problems, their response tends to delay quite a lot because they need to do research. Sometimes we figure out the solution before they give us an answer.

In a tool like this, the responses can be complicated. If I were to compare it to another product on the market like JIRA, that is less complex, that will take less time to get an answer because it is a less complex product. This solution is more complex so it will take the support more time to research a solution. I understand why their responses can take a while. We can find answers online, from community support groups but the technical support can't search for an answer online.

I have used many solutions throughout my career, but this is the best there is. I chose this solution because of its complexity. It is not missing any functions or features. I can do anything I need to with it.

We prefer to install it for our customers but sometimes they prefer to do it themselves. The installation is very easy. There are no problems with it. It's not complicated at all. The deployment takes around one to one and a half days.

We have a permanent license.

What other advice do I have?

With this tool, I learned how to put together all the pieces from the life cycle and the interactions between departments. The theory which is embedded in the solution actually helped me to understand how all the departments in an IT department are interconnected and how they work. I went to some of my customers and just made the connection between the team based on what I learned from the tool. On top of that, I learned some business analyst tips and tricks on how to make a workflow useful. The most important thing I learned from this solution was how to interconnect people with different skills and make them work together.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.