Adobe Captivate Review
Use Adobe Captivate to create videos if you take the time to learn. Call support with your questions.

Valuable Features:

We use Adobe Captivate 5.5 with Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 to produce Technical How-to videos. After an initial ramp up, the product works as well as other products such as Camtasia. If you have Technical Support in your package, call them even for how to do some things. Be patient. Eventually they make sure that they can help you. Save the number in your contacts because it takes quite a bit of time to find the right number on their website.

Room for Improvement:

Getting started with Captivate has been a struggle for two of us on our team. One just turned to another product because they found the interface, the tutorials, and the help not very useful. I spent almost a whole day trying to work on an issue but the Support Staff person eventually helped me solve the issue.

Other Advice:

The following workflow turns out to work for short videos. 1 ) Record the video without narration 2) Add audio using the Text-to-Speech option 3) Use the Text-to-Speech for your final video or use it as a script to narrate yourself or send out for professional treatment.
1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

it_user4401VendorPOPULAR

I was satisfied by this product, I used it to develop Software Simulations for eLearning courses. I noticed that it has a good collection of assessments and customizable widgets.

30 March 13