AlienVault OSSIM Review

Customizable dashboards and reports, offers abnormal behavior detection, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using AlienVault for vulnerability scanning and detecting abnormal behavior.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to use.

The support is very good and they offer managed services.

The dashboards are good. You can customize the dashboards as well as the reporting.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be more focus on the NOC and IIS in terms of developing applications for behavior detection.

The backup features use a lot of storage space.

The documentation could be improved.

Asset management and filtering are in need of fine-tuning and enhancement.

I have been working with AlienValut since 2018.

AlienValut is a very stable product.

The technical support is perfect.

I have worked with LogRhythm in the past, since 2015, and I find that AlienVault is a better product. We are facing a technical issue with LogRhythm, as it is still used in other parts of our organization. I am looking to finalize and unify the solution.

We needed better detection to give us information from the IS about geography or abnormal behavior that is breaching our security. Most of our products are web applications and this is important to us.

We are currently looking into implementing a PoC for either ManageEngine or FortiSIEM.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering AlienVault is to implement a proof of concept to ensure that it meets their requirements. A PoC should be done before settling on any product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More AlienVault OSSIM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about AlienVault OSSIM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.