Arctic Wolf Managed Risk Review

Makes us aware of any vulnerabilities and does a brute force external scan of all the equipment, but should be made easier to use by highlighting the really important issues

What is most valuable?

Getting everything in one place and having a kind of unbiased solution that is separate from our patch management solution is valuable. We have a patch management solution that scans for any patches that can be applied and then applies these patches, but it doesn't hit everything. It also doesn't find all misconfigurations and things like that. Arctic Wolf Managed Risk kind of fills in the gaps and makes us aware of vulnerabilities or misconfigurations that exist out there. It does an agent scan for software versions and compares them to what CVs are out there and lets us know.

It also does a brute force external scan of all the equipment by using known hacks to try to get in. It makes us aware of any vulnerabilities. It provides a console where you can see them or rank them and deal with them.

What needs improvement?

It could be easier to use. They could present things in a little bit more ranked order rather than kind of giving you everything out there. It should highlight the really important stuff and make it easier to get to good rather than perfect.

Currently, it tells you too much. You're fixing things that'll never happen. If it is trying to get you to fix everything, then it is too overwhelming, whereas it should just say that realistically, you just need to fix these, and then you can focus on those and get to good. So, it could do better about getting us to good rather than trying to get us to perfect. Being perfect is a problem because I'm never going to be perfect.

I have been using this solution since February. It has just been a few months.

It seems to be quite stable.

Their support is good. If you have questions, you can call them or submit a ticket. They're good to work with. They phoned us about a vulnerability to walk us through that.

Its initial setup is fairly straightforward.

It depends on the company size quite a bit.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We also use Arctic Wolf AWN CyberSOC. There might be better risk management solutions out there, but this one leverages all the same technology, so it is not a completely separate setup for us.

I would rate Arctic Wolf Managed Risk a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Arctic Wolf Networks, Tenable Network Security, Qualys and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.