Aruba Airwave Review

Helps people with troubleshooting so they get better use out of their technical staff

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to control access points through airwave. modify configs, and enhance RF tweaking.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization by increasing troubleshooting opportunities which makes things more efficient. Airwave has so many features built in that allow for speed and efficiency (clarity, visualrf, airwatch) that processes and troubleshooting are greatly enhanced.

What is most valuable?

• Clarity - both live and synthic for different reasons, but enhanced and efficient use of staff troubleshooting time.
  • Visual RF - visual location of rogues, clients, and estimated coverage enhance and make troubleshooting more efficieint

What needs improvement?

Whenever you get an error it doesn't immediately tell you what the thing is that is causing the error. You have to sit down and research it. If it could say what error is causing the issue, it would make my troubleshooting a lot quicker.

I would like to see Airwave and IMC integrated so that it's like an add-on feature to Airwave. Or that Airwave is an add-on feature inside of IMC. A lot of the features from IMC would be useful as another tab, like Clarity tab, Visual RF, AirWatch or AirMatch tab. The IMC functions would be useful as well.

More than five years.

Stability is good.

Scalability is pretty good. My highest deployment is over five to seven thousand. Half a dozen staff is required for maintenance. There probably won't be any bigger deployments of it now.

Technical support is good.

We were previously using Cisco Prime. We switched because Aruba is easier to use.

Deployment took an hour and a half to two hours.

It helps people with troubleshooting so they get better use out of their technical staff.

Pricing and licensing are pretty good. I personally don't like the way it's licensed but everybody has their own things about that.

What other advice do I have?

I think everybody needs this solution. It helps a lot with technical troubleshooting and no matter what end products you have, Airwave is a good solution for everybody.

I would rate it an eight and a half out of ten.