AT&T AlienVault USM Review

Automated alarms help identify what is happening on your network that should be investigated.

What is most valuable?

The automated alarms have been very helpful in identifying what is happening on your network that should be investigated.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us keep an eye on Admin activity on the network and in our directory.

What needs improvement?

The way it identifies systems can use some improvement. It has a hard time differentiating between versions of Windows.

I have used it for two years.

Deployment was extremely smooth.

The system has been very stable.

We have a small network. So far, we have had no issues with scale.

Customer service is excellent, very responsive, and they know their product.

Technical support is excellent so far.

This was the solution selected after evaluating several competing products; no SIEM prior to this deployment.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

We did the initial implementation and then had a vendor fine tune it with us. The vendor was very well qualified.

Licensing and pricing was one of the primary reasons for selecting this solution. Since no one has an unlimited budget, consider your needs and get the most bang for your buck.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated other options. We were leaning heavily towards AccelOps but had worries about their viability as a business.

What other advice do I have?

If you are considering this solution, I highly recommend that you have someone in-house who is familiar with Unix/Linux. The underpinnings of this solution is *nix. It will make deployment and ongoing maintenance much easier.

2 visitors found this review helpful
1 Comment
Tami AndrewsVendor

Thank you so much for your comments & thoughtful feedback.

02 June 17