AT&T AlienVault USM Review

Visibility For Your Network and To Find Bottlenecks

How has it helped my organization?

Recently, we used the NetFlow capability to find a bottleneck in the network and the offending computer.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of AlienVault is the visibility into the network. You have the capability to gather logs from multiple sources and easily see what is going on in the network.

What needs improvement?

It is a lot of work to get the software configured and set up properly.

There were some issues with the reporting functions. AlienVault corrected that problem in a new update.

The customer service department is very responsive to questions.

The technical support team is very knowledgeable. It is helpful that they are able to have remote support sessions to review the problem.

We deployed this system in-house. We are not a fan of moving things to cloud-based solutions.

The engineering support that is provided by AlienVault upon first installation was excellent! They went way above and beyond what I was expecting.

We evaluated the popular SIEM tools Splunk, LogRhythm, and SolarWinds. AlienVault provided the most features for the price point.

More AT&T AlienVault USM reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee ESM
Find out what your peers are saying about AT&T, Splunk, LogRhythm and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.