AT&T AlienVault USM Review

It has allowed us to see what is happening on our servers

What is our primary use case?

We have devices in AWS and in the data center. The main reason is to do an IDS inspection in the cloud, as it was really hard to get proper software to do this and we did not want to install a virtual firewall in each timezone. We have over 200 servers being protected with this software.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to see what is happening on our servers. You can do a similar setup with AWS, but monitoring it can give you a headache if you ave over 10 servers.

What is most valuable?

The main menu: You can see everything there, what is happening on the servers, and in the logs, you can view more details of each event. Everything you need is in 'one place'.

What needs improvement?

As this software is in the cloud, you do not have control on updates and general changes which are happening. It can be a somewhat annoying that DC sensors are updated and you will not have control when this happens.

Less than one year.

So far, stability has been okay.

So far, no issues with scalability. We see that too many logs are being sent out, but you have to work out logging what you need.

They quickly respond on what you need, not on what they know.

We did not use a previous solution.

It was easy to set up. AlienVault was helpful here.

We used our team, but with the help of the AlienVault team.

We have been using it less then a year, but it does saves time when searching logs.

Negotiate the best package for your environment.

We ran a few PoCs. The price and feature set were the best with AlienVault.

1 Comment
Tami AndrewsVendor

Thank you for your time to review AlienVault USM and for your candid feedback!

16 July 18