AT&T AlienVault USM Review

Log-monitoring and alerting tell us when things happen that we need to know about

What is our primary use case?

It's part of our PCI compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

We didn't have any system before, so everything has been an improvement.

What is most valuable?

Log-monitoring and alerting, so we can find out when things happen that we need to know about.

I have not encountered any issues with stability.

There have not been any issues with scalability.

I would rate their technical support at nine out of 10.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I don't think the product's pricing is a good value because they try to raise the price 50 percent every year. If they do that again I won't be a customer, going forward. Their sales team is way too aggressive. The price they advertise is not always the price you get.

In terms of licensing, AlienVault needs to understand that not all customers are huge enterprises. They don't seem to understand that.

It was three years ago so I don't remember offhand. But AlienVault was one of two or three that I looked at.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of the product itself, it depends on what features you're looking for. We just use it for PCI compliance and it works for us. You need to do your own evaluation.

I would give the product an eight out of 10. The reason it's an eight is that it seems to have bugs from time to time that go unfixed for a while and that is frustrating. I'm not saying the product needs to be bug-free, but they need to be responsive to bugs.

1 Comment
Tami AndrewsVendor

Thank you for your feedback!

01 April 19